SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Ukraine Mission Trip w/ Street Kids (Help Support)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

[b]Yolanda[/b]

Thanks for posting this [smile]. It's great to see the other team members so I can and others begin to lift them up in prayer. This is so exciting as the mission trip draws closer and closer.

[b]Oleg[/b]

Thats great to hear your heart to help out please email Yolanda and ask her for the information or she might be able to snag your email and send you all the information and applications. If it doesn't work out for this year it could be definetly something you could look into and prepare for next year. I am glad to hear you have a heart for the kids please keep updated

2005/5/4 12:17Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

[b]Oleg[/b] I emailed you about the camp. It's exciting to have a Ukrainian registered on here! Hopefully we'll continue to see you around on Sermon Index. And hopefully you will eventually get to go back to Ukraine. Great things are happening in that country! [smile]

[b]Greg[/b] I'm continuing to pray that God would provide the finances for you to pay for the cost of this trip. The praise report is that I have raised/saved a little more than $1,600 which covers the cost of my $1,300 plane ticket and $150 Ukrainian visa. I just have to pay for the camp expenses, which may be about $800. So it looks like God will provide enough support for me to help you out a little, buddy. [smile] That was my original hope and prayer.

[b]Concerning My Visa[/b] I have a Ukrainian friend in the states who emailed the Ukrainian embassy in San Francisco yesterday concerning my single entry visa situation. I need a bi-entry to get back in Ukraine after visiting Belarus for a few days. But with what's going on in Belarus with the government lately ([url=http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/25/world/printable683067.shtml?CMP=ILC-SearchStories]Police Suppress Protest In Belarus[/url]), we may have to stay in Ukraine for those few days after camp, and just help out a local church, or maybe do a follow up ministry to the street kids after camp, which I think would be really cool! So... God knows why things are working out like this. Maybe we could pray for Belarus, since we know dear Christian brothers and sisters there, who are having to deal with the corrupt government. God did an awesome work in Ukraine... He can do it in Belarus!

2005/5/4 13:51Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

[b]Yolanda[/b]

Quote:
Concerning My Visa I have a Ukrainian friend in the states who emailed the Ukrainian embassy in San Francisco yesterday concerning my single entry visa situation.

I am definetly praying about this situation and I encourage others on SI to do the same! I know God has a great plan in this all we just have to do what is best and rely on God's faithfulness and the guidance of His Holy Spirit.

2005/5/5 15:57Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Update - May 12th

[b][u]Prayer Meeting[/u][/b]
Greg and I got together with Kelly, our church's Missions Coordinator and Team Leader, yesterday evening to pray for our upcoming mission trip to Kiev, Ukraine from June 18th to July 6th. I was totally in awe of how encouraging it was for us to get together, in unity of heart and mind, to allow God to continue to prepare us and direct our steps for this trip in prayer. It's so easy to be so consumed with day to day life, and this time of prayer really renewed the excitement of seeing these kids again, and made our departure so much more nearer and tangible. We plan to continue to meet weekly for prayer until we leave. The team members from Washington D.C. are also planning on getting together for prayer. And I would like to invite you to continue to join us in prayer for this trip, as the Lord leads. A special thanks to Geraldine, her family, and her church for being interested in our trip and keeping us in their prayers.

[b][u]Ukrainian Visa[/u][/b]
I still haven't gotten much of anywhere concerning needing another visa to be able to leave Belarus for a few days after our 2 week camp, and return to Ukraine to catch a flight back home. I've emailed the Ukrainian embassy in San Francisco, CA, but they gave me a silly answer, obviously not understanding what I was writing to them about. Kelly, our Missions Coordinator, tried calling, emailing and faxing. She either hasn't gotten through or hasn't received a reply. I have a Ukrainian friend, Sasha, who is also trying to help me in this matter. I will let you all know when I receive word about this situation. I'm not worried at all. I'm actually planning on staying in Ukraine those extra days between the end of camp and our scheduled flight, unless God provides a way for me to get the visa I need. I'm looking forward to God's plans.

[b][u]Financial Provision[/u][/b]
As I think I've mentioned, I've raised enough money to pay the church back for my airfare and my visa. About $1,600 was spent to cover those costs, leaving me with about $50. I still need to raise money to cover the cost for camp which will be around $800. God [i]is[/i] providing, but I continue to pray over this matter as I'm not quite there yet. And as for Greg, he's had to pay for his visa and his airfare. He has raised a few hundred dollars, I think, but not nearly enough to cover these expenses. So please continue to pray that our financial needs would be provided for through our supporters and by any other means God would provide.

[b][u]The Kids and Team[/u][/b]
Greg and I are planning on putting together prayer cards for each of the kids we expect to attend the camp and the team members so you can commit to pray for us now, and even while we're in Ukraine. Prayer is going to be the [i]biggest[/i] part of this trip! We need to continue to rely on God's strength and His Holy Spirit to accomplish His purposes and plans through us. What was begun in the Spirit we don't want to finish in the flesh. So that will be coming your way soon!

2005/5/12 12:38Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

It quite something to see you guys fight the good fight of faith in front of the whole world. may Jesus get the glory, go guy and gal.

Believing with you,

2005/5/12 13:21Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

[b]Yolanda[/b]

Thank you for this comprehensive update, I hope people can read it and stay updated on what is happening and how they can get involved.

[b]Zeke[/b]

Great to hear your encouragement. Please continue to read updates and pray as the Spirit leads. It's wonderful to see response from the SI community.

2005/5/13 18:24Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Thank you everyone at SI for the continued prayer support. Hopefully this week me and Yolanda will be getting up prayer cards for alot of the children and ourselves (staff) so you can pray for us and take ownership of this mission trip. Also support is still quite needed for myself so pray about that also.

If you have any questions about the trip please post them and either me or Yolanda can try and answer them. Praise God for what He is doing.

2005/5/17 12:11Profile

Re:

Im not the most intelligent person on the planet but what exactly are prayer cards? :-?
If it has anything to do with the prayers needs of individuals then great!! Have the children individual and specific prayer needs that maybe an individual in our church could commit to pray for? I know one lady in our church who is a very commited prayer warrior who would be interested in praying for the children and staff before and after you leave.

2005/5/17 13:24
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Yay, Geraldine! It's great to see you in this topic again. I was specifically thinking about you and your church when I posted about making available a PDF of prayer cards for each child we may minister to at the camp, and even for each of the team members, or some of them, who work with the street kids in Kiev, Ukraine full time, or who will be serving at this camp.

To answer your question about what these prayer cards are exactly, they will give the kid's birthday, age, brief description of their living situation, and then a list of specific prayer requests. I hope to have them done within this week.

2005/5/17 13:35Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

[b]Geraldine[/b]

Thanks for keeping in touch and wanting to be a part of this mission trip. I am looking forward to when we can get up the prayer cards on the site so all of the people at SI can get involved in praying for the kids in ukraine. Here are some pictures I got up from the last 2004 mission trip to ukraine:

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photos/thumbs/1284.jpg[/img]

2005/5/17 15:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy