SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pray for the Pope

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Pray for the Pope

It seems the Pope is about to die.

We should all pray that somehow this man will come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Krispy

2005/4/1 8:55
Paulus

Celbridge Kildare Ireland

Re: Pray for the Pope

Krispy

A noble thought altough we will not know if our prayers are answered until we all meet in Heaven.
We should also pray that his sucessor who is most likely to be the last pope , if as we hope the Lord soon returns, a man of God and open
to a true move of God. And most importantly lets pray that the evangelicals and pentecostals and Grace believing Protestants are ready to be a strong witness to the true Gospel accross this dying world.

Paul in Ireland

2005/4/1 9:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
We should also pray that his sucessor who is most likely to be the last pope , if as we hope the Lord soon returns, a man of God and open to a true move of God

Well, considering that the Roman Catholic Church is determined by most theologians down thru ages to be the "great whore of Babylon" described in the book of the Revelation... it's highly unlikely that the next pope will be "a man of God and open to a true move of God". It's hard to be a man of God when you're the leader of a false religion.

Quote:
And most importantly lets pray that the evangelicals and pentecostals and Grace believing Protestants are ready to be a strong witness to the true Gospel accross this dying world.

Amen... I'm with ya on that one.

Krispy

2005/4/1 9:52
Paulus

Celbridge Kildare Ireland

Re:

Glad we are in agreement on some issues Krispy. I was not suggesting that the Pope would remain true to the RC faith but rather that we pray for him to come to a true Faith and have a good effect by challenging the sad doctrines of his church. In effect as well as praying for the dying one lets pray for his replacement rather than wait until he is in his last moments, as I for one had never prayed for the current one until I read your post.

The death of the pope unfortunatly will be a rallying call for the nation of Ireland, so do pray for the Church here that we be sustained.

PAUL

2005/4/1 10:18Profile
Angyl

Re:

Next pope to be the last?

[b]Positiviely![/b]

Will he be the False Prophet?

[b]Likely as not.[/b]

Wife 'n I (and most Christians with a wise eye on prophecy) will be keeping a close watch on this next guy. While we'll pray for John Paul and that he gets saved if he's not already...I am reminded of the little book in Revelation that John ate.

Sweet sweet happiness that we are getting [b][i]soooooooo[/b][/i] close to going home, while sorrowful for all the things that must come to pass.

Watch the earthquakes in the world, my friends...they're about to step up even more.

2005/4/1 10:37Profile

I am not convinced that those earthquakes in Indonesian have anything do with the "Last Days".

It is a godless nation full of idolatary and superstitions.

I see all those disasters that are taking place in that nation as to "shake it" and in time the Gospel might flow into it.

As for going home to heaven, are we not already there?

Doesn't it say that "we are seated with Him in heavenly places in Christ Jesus our LORD"? Thats another subject.

Karl

2005/4/1 11:55
Angyl

Re:

Quote:

I am not convinced that those earthquakes in Indonesian have anything do with the "Last Days".

Has it ever occured to you to wonder why Jesus bothered to tell his disciples that one of the signs would be "[i]earthquakes in divers places"[/i]?

[b]Divers places?[/b]

Picture it. The year is...

ZERO.

there are no televisions, internet, computers, radar, satellites, richter scale...heck, no ELECTRICITY, and our Lord said [i]"earthquakes in divers places"[/i]

How coudl the apostles POSSIBLY have known about earthquakes in "diverse places"? An earthquake could have happened in EGYPT not too far away and they wouldn't have known about it for WEEKS.

The point is, that Jesus wasn't talking to [b]THEM[/b] when he gave us signs of the times. He was speaking directly to [b]YOU[/b] who would have the ability to track and understand earthquakes all over the globe.

As for earthquakes shaking up 'a godless idolatry', India and those regions have EVER been godless and idolaters. Only recently, however is the gospel being spread out there very well by hundreds of missionaries and evangelists...some of whom have been killed by these earthquakes.

Why would God impose his wrath NOW rather than 100 years ago when he could have hit the godless alone?

It takes different things to convince different people of signs when they're watching for them. I just had to take a look at the number of significant earthquakes (6.0 or higher) that have happened in recent months...[b]MONTHS[/b] and years compared to the past...

They are undoubtedly rising and occuring a LOT more frequently. I think it'll get even worse than what we've seen though.

2005/4/1 12:22Profile

Re:

Quote:
I am not convinced that those earthquakes in Indonesian have anything do with the "Last Days"

End Times - In the Words of Jesus Himself
The End Times: [i]And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and [b]earthquakes, in divers places[/b]. All these are the beginning of sorrows (Matthew 24:6-8; Mark 13:7-8 KJV). [b]And great earthquakes shall be in divers places[/b], and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven (Luke 21:10-11 KJV).[/i]

I think that sunami earthquake would could be considered a great earthquake!

End Times - A Record of Recent Earthquakes
Signs of the "End Times" are all around us. Just check out a chronology of major earthquakes over the last ten years:

December 12, 1992 - Indonesia - A quake measuring 6.8 killed at least 2,200 people throughout an eastern section of islands.

September 30, 1993 - India - A string of quakes killed almost 10,000 people in western and southern India. The largest quake measured 6.4.

June 6, 1994 - Columbia - A quake and resultant mudslides killed about 1,000 people in the Paez River valley in southwestern Colombia.

January 17, 1995 - Japan - A quake measuring 7.2 killed 6,430 people in Kobe.

May 28, 1995 - Russia - An earthquake measuring 7.5, Russia's largest on record, killed 1,989 people in the eastern portion of the country.

February 28, 1997 - Iran - A quake measuring 5.5 killed about 1,000 people in northern Iran.

May 10, 1997 - Iran - A quake measuring 7.1 killed 1,560 people in eastern Iran near the Afghan border.

February 4, 1998 - Afghanistan - A quake measuring 6.1 killed at least 4,500 people in the Takhar province.

May 30, 1998 - Afghanistan - A quake measuring 6.9 killed about 4,000 people in the Takhar province.

July 17, 1998 - Papua New Guinea - An under-sea quake measuring 7.1 created three tidal waves, which killed approximately 2,100 people.

January 25, 1999 - Columbia - A quake measuring 6.3 killed about 1,170 people in the central region.

August 17, 1999 - Turkey - At least 17,800 people were killed by a 7.4 quake.

September 21, 1999 - Taiwan - A quake measuring 7.6 killed at least 2,000 people in central Taiwan.

January 26, 2001 - India - An monster earthquake measuring 7.7 struck the western state of Gujarat and neighboring Pakistan, killing at least 19,700 people.

March 26, 2002 - Afghanistan - At least 1,800 people were killed when a series of earthquakes struck northern Afghanistan and destroyed the district capital of Nahrin.

June 22, 2002 - Iran - A quake measuring a 6 killed at least 500 people in northwestern Iran.

February 24, 2003 - China - A magnitude 6.3+ earthquake killed at least 266 people in western China.

May 1, 2003 - Turkey - A 6.4 quake killed 167 people in southwestern Turkey.

December 26, 2003 - Iran - A massive earthquake killed more than 30,000 people in Bam, Iran.

Krispy

2005/4/1 13:02
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re:

I think the whore of Babylon is personified in Rome, but not limited to Rome. Any religious system that replaces saving faith with eccesiastic devotion - that I believe is Babylon.

I expect that the 'man of perdition' is going to be an ecumenical evangelical.

Dan
/\/
\/\

2005/4/1 13:43Profile

Quote:
It seems the Pope is about to die. We should all pray that somehow this man will come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ

The intent is good but what makes you think that the Pope does not already know Jesus as His Savior and Lord?

I personally think that the pope is going to get a warm and wonderful reception when he arrives in Heaven.

I praise God for bringing a Godly man into the papal office!

Do keep praying for him...

Stephen

2005/4/1 14:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy