Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Fighting in the Christian box

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Fighting in the Christian box

I often sit back and just watch people who say they are Christians and/or attend church and so forth and just watch their lives or what they talk about. It gets better when it is online to see the words.

I often see fighting going on within denominational settings on side issues that seem to divide alot of people. Whether it is issues of speaking in tongues, healings, modes of baptism, what is salvation and so forth.

When I sit back and watch I see human nature so involved in these things that the Holy Spirit has to be more longsuffering then we realize or can accept. For in this disagreements it causes many people to leave the church. To walk away from God and even become Atheists. On the flip side it causes people to treat their 'faith' as politics. Argue until you can win your point of view regardless of how many people you just turned away as a result.

Even with some of the discussions in this forum I see things go on that really embarrass me and cause me to step away from it all and ask "Is this really the work of God in our midst or are we driven by our mindful lusts in the name of God?" It is almost as if being an Islamic terrorist but more in the vein of a psychic vampire. It drains the mind and the soul.

John

2013/11/4 8:41Profile
Sree

Re: Fighting in the Christian box

I do not believe all divisions are dangerous. God himself permits divisions so that the faithful are separated from others. For example the division in heaven where God allowed satan to take one third of angels with him. After this the faithful angels were evident.

I was recently in a Roman Catholic forum just to see what they discuss. One common accusation they had against Protestants is that we do not have a single authority to interpret the bible for us like how they have Pope and holly fathers. So we are divided because each one comes with his own interpretation and forms doctrines on those. But RC church is true because there is no such divisions. What do you guys think about this?

2013/11/4 9:49Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Fighting in the Christian box

John, this is why my total relationship in life is with Christ, and not man, man has very little influence on my thoughts or walk in life. After 62 years I have finally
made it to the point, I don't allow "ANY" negative thinkers around me, nor do I stay involved into any debates that start heading south, I bail and move on.

I had a buddy that was a friend for 40 years, he would argue with the wall, I Love him, but he is now history, and I feel like two bags of concrete have been lifted from my shoulders. I have said this here many times, back in the 60's we had a fire and brimstone pastor, that said this in church one time, he said "you have never been beat up until you have been beat up by a Christian" was he ever right, and that quote he made is still being proven everyday 50 years later. John, here is the problem, there are folks born everyday that are drama kings and queens, and drama is a catalyst to keep their blood pumping, at least this is what they are believing, sadly sometimes unknowingly. The drama will keep them in a negative spirit, a negatively mind leads to a negative spirit, many have a broken spirit and don't even know it, it's like a drug it becomes addictive,and they just live in denial, and for the weak it's almost impossible to beat it.

I have always said it takes a bigger man to walk away from a fight, and it also takes a better Christian to walk away from a disagreement over the word of God. There are folks that can justify anything, I call them "The Justifiers" they are the ones that will dig down into the scripture to find one little tidbit and twist it to were is justifies there way of thinking. Bottom line, in the end, really no one wins, it's a no win situation.
Mr. Bill

2013/11/4 10:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Here are some sections of the free ebook we have listed here: https://www.sermonindex.net/fellowships/principlesbook.php that speaks on the great need for unity in the Body of Christ, it is God's desire for unity and love for each other to be the first mark and most noticeable thing in our communication, praise God.

Principle 12 - Jesus Christ: The Head of The Church (pdf)
http://gospelfellowships.net/pdf/principle12.pdf

Principle 23 - Cults, False Gospels and Division (pdf)
http://gospelfellowships.net/pdf/principle23.pdf

Principle 24 - Christ the Unity of the Body (pdf)
http://gospelfellowships.net/pdf/principle24.pdf

Principle 26 - Having a Right Doctrine but Wrong Spirit (pdf)
http://gospelfellowships.net/pdf/principle26.pdf

Principle 27 - The Priority of Love (pdf)
http://gospelfellowships.net/pdf/principle27.pdf

2013/11/4 10:47Profile

Re:

Online "Christian" forums are dangerous places and most forums are demonic as "Christians" bite and devour one another.

2013/11/4 11:14
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

Online "Christian" forums are dangerous places and most forums are demonic as "Christians" bite and devour one another.

Are forums not mere reflections of the church? Only, in the forums we are trying to discuss things whereas in church you just sit there and listen and shout AMEN.

Forums give voice and that isn't something you hear in church unless you go to group bible studies and even there it is somewhat controlled.

2013/11/4 11:19Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by DEADn on 2013/11/4 8:19:03

Quote:

Are forums not mere reflections of the church? Only, in the forums we are trying to discuss things whereas in church you just sit there and listen and shout AMEN.

Forums give voice and that isn't something you hear in church unless you go to group bible studies and even there it is somewhat controlled.

Forums do not reflect the church they reflect people. Not all who come to this forum or any other are saved and have submitted their lives unto JESUS.

God bless
mj

2013/11/4 11:44Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

Forums do not reflect the church they reflect people. Not all who come to this forum or any other are saved and have submitted their lives unto JESUS.

People are the church. There are saved and unsaved in the church. Tares and wheat. Those who comes to the forums comes to voice their opinions whereas in church that doesn't necessarily happen except maybe in very small groups.

2013/11/4 11:49Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
DEADn....There are saved and unsaved in the church. Tares and wheat.

You are correct! but the average Christian in the Church don't realize this, some may just have never given it any thought, but this is 100% true.

Forums cannot show the hearts of folks, so this is how most debates get heated.

2013/11/4 12:17Profile
MaryJane

Re:

MrBillPro wrote:Forums cannot show the hearts of folks, so this is how most debates get heated.

exactly right, no one can truly know another just because they visit the same forum every day. IF there is outside contact and time spent getting to truly know a person that is different.

People who are not saved whether they go to church buildings can not reflect JESUS because they are not HIS and do not know HIM. They can reflect religion but they can not truly ever reflect JESUS and HIS CHURCH because they have no part in it. Just clarifying what is being talked about. Unsaved people in forums can reflect religion and unsaved people in church buildings can reflect religion but never JESUS or the true CHURCH.

God bless
mj

2013/11/4 12:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy