SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Prayer Neglected

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Prayer Neglected

"Why is there so little forethought in the laying out of time and employment, so as secure a large portion of each day for prayer? Why is there so much speaking, yet so little prayer? Why Is there so much running to and fro to meetings, conventions, fellowship gatherings and yet so little time for prayer'? Brethren, why so many meetings with our fellow men and so few meetings with God?"
-Andrew Bonar

"We have not been men of prayer. The spirit of prayer has slumbered among us. The closet has been too little frequented and delighted in. We have allowed business, study or active labor to interfere with our closet-hours. And the feverish atmosphere in which both the church and the nation are enveloped has found its way into our prayer closets…"
-Andrew Bonar

"0h brother, pray; in spite of Satan, pray; spend hours in prayer; rather neglect friends than not pray; rather fast, and lose breakfast, dinner, tea, and supper - and sleep too - than not pray. And we must not talk about prayer, we must pray in right earnest. The Lord is near. He comes softly while the virgins slumber."
-Andrew A. Bonar

2005/3/22 12:58Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Prayer Neglected

Wow. Deffinatly true quotes to think about.

2005/3/22 14:49Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Those incentent knocks at our door, and perpetual viists from idle persons, are so many buckets of cold water thrown on our devot zeal. We must by some means secure uninterupted mediation, or lose power."
-C.H. Spurgeon

2005/3/23 13:27Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

Oh my dear brother Greg!!! What awesome sayings are these!

What a process this is...

"I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will look forth to see what he will speak with me" (Hab 2:1)
Thank you very much for these quotes. I pray that God will lead and guide you in all truth at the Bible college. Keep the surrendered heart brother. Keep boasting in Jesus Christ and no-one and nothing else!

Many greetings in Him,
Paul

2005/3/23 14:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Oh my dear brother Greg!!! What awesome sayings are these!

AMEN!

Let this, then, be our first lesson: the presence of God is the chief thing, in our devotions.
Andrew Murray

2005/3/29 20:52Profile

you've got it......Lets bury those words in our hearts.

Tonight , 8 or 9 PST I'm going on my knees, enough of this lameness.

God bless you Greg

2005/3/29 21:09
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Tonight , 8 or 9 PST I'm going on my knees, enough of this lameness.

I will join you.. bless you brother Neil.

2005/3/29 21:11Profile

Re:

I think I'll join you both.

If i have calculated right (I am sadly ignorant when it comes to these things) it will be 12 midnight Eastern standard time when it is 9 Pacific...

Thanks for the post Greg! I printed those quotes...powerful.

2005/3/29 21:47
Heavenlyman

Australia

I thank you all for this site ... only last night i was talking to a friend about this part of christianity,... this quote reminds me of the chapter in Isaiah 59 ... "Then the Lord saw it, and it displeased Him that there was no justice.
He saw that there was no man, and wondered that theere was no intercessor" ...
I myself will join you in agreement and to unite in prayer. It may not be in the same time with you guys but surely I will be in prayer in the early hours of mornings.

Claudette,

2005/3/30 16:28Profile

what a wonderful time in the Lord

that was. Ever since I started shaking the tree here in Topanga, I've been under intense attack. Last night's prayer time, I felt you both with me united in prayer, wonderfully knit together in the Spirit. God IS good, in so many ways.

Got Bible study today, but a 10 pm PST, I wanna go to my knees again.

2005/3/30 16:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy