SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Entire sanctification A necessity by Dougan Clark, M. D.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

1Thes 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Thes 5:24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

I agree with Paul.

2013/8/7 13:52Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Resurrection of dead is only mentioned in Verse 11, which is continuation of verse 10 where he talks about knowing the suffering of Christ, fellowshiping with him, to know the power of his resurrection which is demonstrated in our sanctification. So I have not attained in Verse 12 means the entire thing that he talks in Verse 10 to 11. Again if Paul was saying that I am not resurrected yet from dead then it will be funny as everyone knows that he is alive that is why he is writing this letter.

Maybe I should have said "the high calling" rather than the resurrection of the dead.

I have not attained the the high calling of God in Christ.

I will get to John 3:3 but it's getting late here

2013/8/7 19:42Profile

Re:

Sree wrote :

"I see 2 posters who frequently post similar subject though they have not convinced anyone on this subject nor have every convincingly able to explain the scriptures that are against their understanding. I don't even remember the name of the posters who post this. I just remember only 2 people here supporting it. All I wanted to say is, this topic is discussed enough.

The scripture I am referring here is Philippians 3-12, 1 John 3-3. In both these scriptures we are asked to Press on to perfection and purity. I simply cannot agree with the explanation given that Perfection in Phil 3-12 is Martyrdom."

There may only be three here supporting it (actually there are more) but a quick look at the link following will give a small idea of the denominations and persons supporting the doctrine of perfection in this life.

http://www.swartzentrover.com/cotor/E-Books/Holiness.htm

So because we are few in number, does that mean that the majority have the right to attack say shut up you are preaching heresy when a great deal of the church has accepted the same doctrine over the years? In fact the majority on here might be the minority over the last two thousand years. Strangely enough many of the writers and preachers in the sermons part of the forum preached it as well.

Yes 1John 3:3 and other verses encourage men to go on to perfection. It does not occur at conversion.

2013/8/8 16:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy