SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Battle is NOW! I need you.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Compton

Re: courts

Jesse,

You are right to bring this up and bring balance to an underlying current here. Forgive us if we added to your burden brother. Your issue is different from Neilgins' in that government has threatened your, (and ours) freedom of speech. Government should be punnishing evildoers, not those who preach Christ.

I am reminded by scripture that God does not forbid us from participating in civil government and legal battles. In fact he expects the righteous to have the will and courage to lead in earthly government.

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn...The king by judgment establisheth the land: but he that receiveth gifts overthroweth it. Proverbs 29.2,4

Brothers, for my part this touches on another issue that I think is related. (Try this shoe on before buying it...) Perhaps some of us "western" Christians have been beating ourselves up for so long about how "easy our walks are"---there are many of us who "look forward" to persecution as a way to become spiritually tested. We feel unproven, less authentic, because we haven't experienced a portion of the state or religous oppression existing in many other countries. I think this kind of fatalistic reasoning is unhealthy and not of the Lord.

There is no viture or courage in suffering of itself. Many criminals suffer. The claim to courage belongs to those who suffer because they love Jesus and bear hope for men, who are the flocks of His pasture. It is not love nor courage that passively awaits our country to fall under secular, religous, or even economic totalitarianism.

I do not believe Paul would join those who look for "end times" government oppression to "wake us up." Afterall he was quick to remind the Romans that he was a rights-bearing citizen, and he reminded us: "I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound."

Jesse, you know better than I that there are many battle-fronts to preaching the gospel. It is a joint operation coordinating air and ground tactics. Your current post on the hardening effects of preaching the gospel without prayer demonstrates you do not rely on "carnal devices". Although I have been street witnessing I have never been harrased by the police. If I had been cited for no apparent cause then I certainly would want the issue settled in court for my favor as well as the reputation of the gospel. Even if the real battle is spiritual it must play out in the courtrooms. Otherwise all of us suffer under the slow sprawl of tryanny.

Likewise there are many other spiritual battles of importance that must play out in the courtrooms. Ever since the scopes monkey trial it seems we Christians have been uneasy in the court room and in politics. Yet today I am amazed to see for the first time I can remember that entrenched institutions like Roe vs. Wade and Evolution are showing vulnerability. Honestly, I never thought I would see this. Maybe this slow turning of the tide reflects a spiritual turn as well.

Afterall, when we pray for this nation do we think God will never answer?

Gods' blessing on you Jesse and Neilgin...

"...submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake, whether to the king as supreme, or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those who do good. For this is the will of God that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men -as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God. Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king" (1 Peter 2:13-17).

MC

2005/3/21 14:26Profile

Mark Daniel

God bless you for that post brother, its been buried in my heart for a day, and speaks more than you would know.

When the Holy Ghost speaks, His Words are like flaming arrows.

The enemy IS in the camp, and God has spoken.

I will not have a seperate booth, because God does not want those who do "dream interpetation" to come alongside the work He has me doing.

I will join the others near the pepper tree in the 'not for profit' area, with my free Bibles and tracts , and my prayers.

If anyone feels the leading of the Lord to join me on that Memorial Day weekend, please PM me.

God bless you brother for that Precious Word.

Neil

2005/3/21 14:42

Another area as well

I've always gotten so blessed by those Church in the Park photos! That is such an annointed idea, I love it. I just got done reading the Ohenry Gospel Tent co brochure. I'm praying on buying a 30X20 foot tent to have church in.

http://www.ohenrytents.com/

2005/3/21 15:16

Thats a wonderful article Bro. Jess!

I feel blessed to be in the same family with you dear brother Jesse.

As you know my situation is a bit different.....

hey! Do you feel that?

we're washed clean by the Blood and we're saved!!!

lol.

I'm serious, I'm here at the liberry and I just got a Holy Ghost touch.......we're saved!!

and now I'm so excited coz we're opening a rescue mission ONE YARD from the gates of hell!!

[b][size=xx-large][color=000099][font=Impact]GLORY!!!!!![/font][/color][/size][/b]

2005/3/21 15:34

Good Words

Those are much needed words MC!

You are always a suppport encouragement and blessing.

2005/3/21 15:36
Compton

Re: Good Words

You are welcome! Even though you aren't going to have your own tent at the fair, would you benifit from any promotional materials such as some custom flyers or posters? Let me know if I can lend a hand.

MC

2005/3/21 16:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy