SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Battle is NOW! I need you.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Without you

Stephan, Michael and Era, Karl, Josh, Mark Daniel, Kendal, and MC...without your prayers, I would be in trouble.

God BLESS all of you, The victory is to Jesus, for He is worthy.

Much love to you all in Jesus,
Neil

2005/3/19 18:14

Bro. Jess

I'm very very leery about using a court of heathen to judge heathen. What I'm about to say, I do not say to judge anyone, any saint or to cause division, but this is how I feel.

In recent days, there have been many court battles, court battles over same sex marriage, court battles over ten commandment statues in court rooms, court battles over crosses on the los angeles city emblem...court battles, court battles, court battles.

I don't want to plug into that spirit, our battles should be waged on our knees to show God's power, and not our fleshly cunning.

I pray that God give me the strength and the courage to take a flogging and then to start singing worship songs at midnight.

I was so very proud of you in Christ Jesus, as to your recent evangelistic efforts in that jailhouse, I was so very proud of you in Christ Jesus as to your witness in spite of all the demonic opposition you faced.

Paul's prayers to God WERE answered in your case. I'm proud of you Jess, and I wanna say that publicly.

I want to have nothing to do with any heathen court or law system, God bless you for your thoughtfulness.

Neil

2005/3/19 18:25
MarkDaniel

Midwest, USA

Re: Bro. Jess

Quote:
our battles should be waged on our knees to show God's power

Your faith is great brother!
Quote:
I pray that God give me the strength and the courage to take a flogging and then to start singing worship songs at midnight.

AMEN! AMEN!
Quote:
I want to have nothing to do with any heathen court or law system

Yes, you will be quickly side-tracked and lured away from the Great Commission. Your God will make a way for you outside of any heathen court.

Matthew 5:39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

1 Corinthians 4:1-5 So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

2005/3/20 9:16Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Bro. Jess

Neil, brother.

Just an encouragement and a thank you. Somehow can't get around this one word; 'Depends' and appreciate your heart here and the sentiments towards our brother Jesse. While being in agreement with you in thought of this present situation you are in, that the consideration for others may be led to deal with these things differently [i]depending[/i] on their best sense of the Lords leading... very commendable.

You have my prayers brother. And Jesse as well.
James 1:5, 3:13

2005/3/20 9:50Profile
MarkDaniel

Midwest, USA

Re:

Dear Brothers,

Be careful of ANYONE who comes to you in the name of Jesus Christ and "kindly" or "in love" steers you away from spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ that Paul preached. ANYONE or ANY SPIRIT who has you lay down your sword of the Spirit, the Word of God, for another "gospel" of law and/or politics should be treated with extreme care and wisdom.

Satan will come to you through your best friend or a pastor in a 3-piece suit, if he has to, claiming to have your "best" interests in mind. He shamelessly uses anyone who is willing to do his bidding or their own bidding, and not the Lord's. If ANYONE comes to you with an agenda that steers you away from spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ that Paul preached, BE WARY, and test the spirit.

The enemy is in the camp.

MD

2005/3/20 10:28Profile
Compton

Re: Good News in Topanga

Neilgin wrote,

Quote:
...what a weirdo

Well praise God, we are the Fellowship of the Weirdos! How wonderful when our unsaved loved ones find us peculiar. They knew you before as empty like themselves, and become unsettled when confronted by the Spirit of holiness and love who now lives in you!
Quote:
...when he told me he was concerned about my soul, his eyes started watering.....

Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!

Neilgin, your family conversations remind me of a poignant testimonial from Watchman Nee.

In 1929 I returned from Shanghai to my home town of Foochow. One day I was walking along the street with a stick, very weak and in broken health, and I met one of my old college professors. He took me into a teashop where we sat down. He looked at me from head to foot and from foot to head, and then he said: "Now look here; during your college days we thought a good deal of you and we had hopes that you would achieve something great. Do you mean to tell me that this is what you are"

Looking at me with penetrating eyes, he asked that very pointed question. I must confess that, on hearing it, my first desire was to break down and weep. My career, my health, everything had gone, and here was my old professor who taught me law in the school, asking me: `Are you still in this condition, with no success, no progress, nothing to show?'
But the very next moment -- and I have to admit that in all my life it was the first time -- I really knew what it meant to have the "spirit of glory" resting upon me. The thought of being able to pour our my life for my Lord flooded my soul with glory. Nothing short of the Spirit of glory was on me then.

I could look up and without a reservation say: `Lord, I praise Thee! This is the best thing possible; it is the right course that I have chosen!' To my professor it seemed a total waste to serve the Lord; but that is what the Gospel is for -- to bring us to a true estimate of His worth.

Brother we praise God for the work He is doing in and through you. You have committed yourself to seeing Gods' power work without appealing to the strength of man and we are glad to support you in prayer. We recognize that God already has glory in this situation---there is a "warrior poet" bringing the Good News into the strongholds of Topanga.

"...and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward." 1Sa 16:13"

MC

2005/3/21 0:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Another area as well

Wanted to bring this back to the fore as well.

Quote:
Will be praying with you, bro. Lift up Escondido while you're at it, brethren.

Will continue to brother, hope it is well with the Church in The Park there, (This is a ministry to the homeless that our brother Josh preaches to, amongst other things and is not to far from where Greg is currently studying)...

This does have me a bit curious I must admit...
What's happening out there brother?

2005/3/21 0:51Profile
Spitfire

prayer request

Hi Neil. I will be praying with you. Love, Dian.

2005/3/21 6:46Profile

Re: Regarding going to court

Going to Court

Regarding going to court over street preaching and other issues, did not even Paul appeal to Ceasar? Authorities have been established by God. Why fear calling on them for help when appropiate? Yes we must call on God for help and never fail to do so. But authorities are from God. So could God help us through His authorities?

Although not too long ago I may have been in agreement with you men about not getting involved in court. However, now that I personally face opposition from the police just about everytime I try to preach, I know something needs to be done if the gospel will be preached. The cops either shut me down before I even start preaching, or shut me down after preaching no more then 5 minutes. I want to be able to start and finish a sermon. I want the lost to be able to hear the gospel. That is my main concern and burden, and with this opposition that is not happening.

This is not just one cop in one location. This started in Connecticut and now is happening in Dallas and Tyler, TX. I can't even finish my sermons! I feel I will have a greater impact on the world for Christ if I "appeal to Ceasar". Yes certainly laws must get changed, but I agree that ultimately it is the hearts of men that must change. The world will not be won by discussing in heathen courts whether or not we should preach, we must preach the gospel regardless.

But I can't help but to go to court since I have been getting fines and have been getting arrested. I don't have a choice, if I am to submit to authority I must go to court. Should I be found guilty of false charges when I don't need to be? Should I willingly accept the support of the Alliance Defense Fund in finding laywers willing to work at no cost to clear me of these charges? Like I said, not too long ago I would have been in complete agreement. I am not sure if you guys preach on the streets or not or have been arrested for the gospel, but when in a similiar situation as myself you may have similiar thoughts.

George Whitefield also eventually decided that the wise thing to do was to go to court so hinderances to preaching would be stopped. We read about it in "George Whitefield" by Arnold A. Dallimore pg 137:

"Whitefield decided the time had come to take the rioters to court...The outcome of the trial was that the jury brought in all defendants guilty of the whole information lodged against them. It was a complete victory for the Methodists. Whitefield then had the right to prefer damages against the rioters. [b]But having shown these men that they were subject to Englands courts of law, he chose to forgive them and let the matter drop.[/b] This victory was strategic in the life of early Methodism. [u][i][b]Had the rioting continued unchecked, the work would have suffered. But now the perpetrators knew they where not able, as they had assumed, to escape all punishment, and although the violence did not cease, from this point onward it was increasingly curtailed." [/b][/i][/u]

But ultimately brethren, whether free or in jail, we must preach the gospel. Opposition or no opposition, God's Great Commission still stands. He didn't say "go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature, so long as they let you." The greater the opposition, the greater glory God will get!

2005/3/21 7:05
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: "I appeal to Ceasar"

Very well said Jesse.

Most certainly a difference between yours and Neil's situations, had "Ceasar" in mind earlier here (and we thought our court system was slow...).

And how perfectly summed up, with Whitefield giving his cloak also. Mat 5:40

In my prayers

2005/3/21 7:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy