SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can A Christian Have Tattoos?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Koheleth

NC

Re:

Quote:
You can make the judgment for yourself, but not others.

These are the words of men, certainly not found in the Bible.

Rather, the Bible says, "Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more matters of this life?"

Dear friend, the Bible so clearly says that the one who knows God should speak for God. To all who have come to Jesus, he says with authority that we shall be his witnesses. Paul says we are ambassadors for a heavenly kingdom. Ambassadors have authority to speak and to judge. And Sons know their Father. I can speak about my Father and his heart anytime.

Do not be deceived by the lax spirit of this age. It is always right to judge and to discern. The spirit that cries that we should neither judge nor discern is of the devil. Choose this day which spirit you will serve.

2013/7/9 18:00Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Bottom line, just-in: It matters to real Christians what God thinks about a thing.

God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. When He clearly expresses his displeasure for a thing in the Old Testament, if we really love Him with all of our hearts, we cannot dismiss it simply because we do not find it spelled out in the New Testament:

Lev 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

In the New Testament, He clearly says: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. – Rom. 12:2
If the world does tattoos, and then we do tattoos … what is the motive? Are we not conforming ourselves?

The Old Testament clearly forbids bestiality.
The New Testament doesn’t mention it (to my knowledge). If it becomes popular in the USA (as it is in Germany) it will probably be a discussion on SI some day with some “Christians” trying to justify it like those that are trying to justify tattoos.

When your earnest desire is to please God first, there are some things that after researching His historic will, you cannot simply cannot even think of doing.

2013/7/9 18:03Profile

Re:

Speaking of not putting God in a box, if I think God is telling me to marry a whore, should I check with you, first.

2013/7/9 18:17
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

If God were to tell you to marry a whore, then you had better marry a whore, or your disobedience will take you to hell.

God commanded Hosea to do so to show his people how that their continual return to the customs of those around them was like whoredom to Him.

Did you even get it, just-in???

If we start tattooing ourselves like the pagans around us, in God's eyes we are in bed with them!

2013/7/9 18:25Profile

Re:

You are missing my point, but that's ok. I'll move on. Let's revisit this in a couple of years.

2013/7/9 18:38
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Quote:
Let's revisit this in a couple of years.

Oh, I hear you ... revisit it in a few years when this kind of body art becomes "normal":

http://files-cdn.formspring.me/photos/20130115/n50f5e2047d9de.jpg

Then, it will seem a "small" thing to have a simple tattoo, and it will seem not so bad.

I have a friend that I used to take to church when she was a little girl. She is now wildly into body piercing suspension. She flashes pictures on her facebook hanging from hooks.

Does anything in the New Testament condemn it? Maybe in a few years "God" will tell some "Christians" that they need to start doing suspensions in order to win the suspenders back to Him.

Jesus said: "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27

Jesus' sheep are not going to hear nor follow voices that tell them to tattoo, pierce, suspend, nor any other of the demonic practices that become popular ... today, tomorrow, nor in a few years from now.

2013/7/9 19:02Profile

Re:

No, that's not what I had in mind. I don't have any body art, by the way and don't care for it.

I am just curious what your definition of "True Christians" will be after some more years "under your belt".

2013/7/9 21:31
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

I understand many of the Coptic Christians in Egypt have a small cross tattooed on either their wrist or arm. Some have had them forcibly removed by angry Islamics either by having acid poured on them or literally cut off.

Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
~ Col 3:17 (NASB)

Just sayin'.
REJOICE! =)
Mary

2013/7/10 1:20Profile
Sree

Re:

Some of the posts here really grieve my spirit. God's name is dishonored to a great extent here. Especially someone saying God will ask you to have cool tattoo. The same God who said - 'Your adornment must not be merely external (1 Peter 3-3)' He Will never ask someone to have a cool or fashionable tattoo. Absolutely no reverence for God at all.

The simple answer to the question is do not have a tattoo on your body, because tomorrow if you get convicted by the spirit that you are dishonoring God and his temple then you will not be able to revert it easily. Also do not confirm to the pattern of the world (Romans 12:2). Dare to be different for God.

How do you want the world to identify you? As a part of them or different from them? Greg Gorden is identified by many for his beard. Does he grow his beard to look cool or thinking it will get him to Heaven? No.

2013/7/10 2:15Profile

Re:

Sree, the person that talked about "cool tattoos" was using satire.

I can't believe how defensive and quick to judge, people are.

The world loves goatees, especially homosexuals so Christians that wear goatees must be worldly and vain and not "true christians". Let's watch out for and mark everyone that has a goatee.

Do you guys see how idiotic some of your thinking and judging of externals is?

I guess we all have to look like you and dress like you, whatever that is like. Can you please publish a guide for us?

2013/7/10 7:08

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy