SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : I have found the key!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Truth is a multi-faceted prism and like so many discussions on SI, one facet is focused on to the exclusion of all the others.

What is truth? Jesus says, "I am the ... and the truth".

2013/6/27 1:50
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:
///Alright, just as long as I don't see you in a lynch mob or carrying a stone we'll be ok I think.;-)///

When considering so many different perspectives, on such topics

I think it is wise to look at history and research whom believed what, and whom Martyred whom.

Isn't this just so indicative of what man is like when he lays claim to something that he believes he has a right to.

The Truth of Jesus doesn't belong to any man and neither does it need to be defended by any man. But, he uses men to fulfil his purpose, and its in the using that there is a subtle shift in mans state where he forgets that he is but a earthen vessel filled with priceless treasure. That in his delusioned sate the pot , his pot, is the only pot and that God will only use pots if they think and believe what he does.

We all see and know in part and thank God for that.

2013/6/27 3:49Profile

Re:

Apart from the treasure the pot has no value.

Pots that people discard are the ones that Christ is happy to dwell in "that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us."

It is our complete weakness that allows the power of God to be made manifest in our lives. I'm not talking about sin, but rather humility.

God passes by those who trust in themselves and is still looking towards the humble man.

Isa_66:2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

2013/6/27 9:48
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

Pots that people discard are the ones that Christ is happy to dwell in "that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us."

It is our complete weakness that allows the power of God to be made manifest in our lives. I'm not talking about sin, but rather humility.

God passes by those who trust in themselves and is still looking towards the humble man.

Isa_66:2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

True Story!!!

2013/6/27 11:38Profile
rbanks

Re:

by just-in on 2013/6/27 6:48:22

Quote-Just-in

I like your post just-in!

2013/6/27 12:22Profile

Re:

Yeah, there is the fleshly, carnal, religious tendency to think we are something because of Who is in our "pot".

It gets real bad when one begins to lord over others in the name of the pot's contents.

Jesus doesn't indwell us so He can oppress people through us. That is another spirit and people often mistake their knowledge for the Bible for the indwelling presence of Jesus Christ.

2013/6/27 19:41
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///Yeah, there is the fleshly, carnal, religious tendency to think we are something because of Who is in our "pot".
It gets real bad when one begins to lord over others in the name of the pot's contents.
Jesus doesn't indwell us so He can oppress people through us. That is another spirit and people often mistake their knowledge for the Bible for the indwelling presence of Jesus Christ///

I just picked up a book from the book store last week:

"Registers of the Consistory of Geneva in the times of Calvin"

when I read your post it came to mind.

2013/6/27 19:47Profile

Re:

What is that book about, proudpapa? Is it full of "knowledge"?

2013/6/28 3:37

Re: by ZekeO on 2013/6/25 6:37:14

The acid test of understanding and believing the heart of the original post is that if you do not get the opportunity to spend hours in prayer everyday, but have mere minutes with the Lord and that its ok.

------------------------------------------------------------

We are all at different stages in our walk with the Lord, but the gist of this message is one which we must not presume upon.

It could be taken two ways, and in the church there is a pervasive influence to think that it does not matter what we do as we are covered by the blood. It is much too easy to quell the work of the Holy Spirit by saying peace where there is no peace. Of course it will relieve any misgivings about how God views our lack in living out His life through ours and bring some `peace` which might be a welcome relief against the opposite extreme in the church which is legalism.

If it is indeed a remedy against legalism then it is good to consider the love of God. The important matter is the state of our hearts and only God can read into the deep crevices.

But it could be the slippery slope downwards. One must take care to hear the voice of God and to make sure it is not being drowned out because we are weary with the pricking of the goads.

It seems to me that the situation in America is not the same as in the UK as legalism is not nearly so strong here and the danger is in the other way of liberality so I am having to imagine the situation somewhat.

That small still voice we must look for, has been the way of holiness for me even though it was unbearable at times. I could not find peace at all and searched for many years for an answer, thinking that we can earn brownie points for obedience, when I was actually walking in the flesh which can never please the Lord, and had to be delivered from that whole mindset into life in the Spirit, wherein obedience is not an issue as it comes naturally to one whose old man has been destroyed and no earthly care or business can intrude on the deep constant communion with the Lord.

The Lord does love us and He loves us so much He will bring His righteous judgement on us to enable His great plans for our sanctification to fulfilment.

2013/6/28 6:59
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

Kraft do you ever get convicted by the Holy Spirit at anytime in your life of doing anything wrong ? It's just that you said that obedience isn't an issue anymore.
You don't ever fail God in any way and he has to pull you up about it ?

Are there any sins in your life which you wish you are free from ?

2013/6/28 15:56Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy