SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I have found the key!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:
Is our relationship with HIM such a burden that we can only pull HIM off the shelf when we find we have the time? The command is clear "IF" you love ME then obey ME.

Do you mind explaining the relationship between the shelf syndrome and his command, because I'm battling to make a connection?

2013/6/25 10:07Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:
from my research as of now, it appears that Luther started out strong but I am not convinced that he finished well.

I think you may well be right, it just goes to show we know in part.

As much as I am thankful for his contribution in restoring the doctrine of Justification some of his other things were not on point so to speak.

2013/6/25 10:10Profile

Re:

Quote:
The acid test of understanding and believing the heart of the original post is that if you do not get the opportunity to spend hours in prayer everyday, but have mere minutes with the Lord and that its ok. ZekeO

It turns out that my comment "nice try" was being written as your above comment about the acid test was being written. If you had posted that before I started to write my last post I would have still said "nice try".

Its a way of saying "you have tried nicely to make a point". I would have hoped the comments are self explanatory. Unfortunately nothing seems self explanatory on the internet.

2013/6/25 10:12
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:
my answer to you is simple its not my theology that draws me into those moments with HIM. Its JESUS HIMSELF that does

Is that not the gospel.

I can attest to these things of which you speak being truth in my own life.

2013/6/25 10:14Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:
Quote:
The acid test of understanding and believing the heart of the original post is that if you do not get the opportunity to spend hours in prayer everyday, but have mere minutes with the Lord and that its ok. ZekeO

I would have hoped the comments are self explanatory. Unfortunately nothing seems self explanatory on the internet.

Ok, no problem.

I did think it strange, because you were basically agreeing with me.

2013/6/25 10:18Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by ZekeO on 2013/6/25 4:14:20

Quote:
my answer to you is simple its not my theology that draws me into those moments with HIM. Its JESUS HIMSELF that does

Is that not the gospel.

I can attest to these things of which you speak being truth in my own life.

Wonderful brother so glad to hear. Is HE not good to give us those moments through out our days to be with HIM. As for my shelf comment it was in response to what you seem to be saying in your earlier post about life being so busy. JESUS wants our whole heart, and lives every moment of every day. We are called to submit unto HIM. You seem to imply with your post that there are times when life just gets to busy for you to be with JESUS and I simple ask you to consider how can that truly be if HE is LORD of our life. The commend is to love and obey HIM so what part of your life or my life do we still govern over if HE is truly LORD and we are submitting unto HIM??

God bless
mj

2013/6/25 10:21Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:
You seem to imply with your post that there are times when life just gets to busy for you to be with JESUS and I simple ask you to consider how can that truly be if HE is LORD of our life.

Thats the point, does our theology allow for other believers to live that way without feeling the need to correct just to love them because Christ Loves them?

There are multitudes of believers who have given up on the Christian faith because its to much.

the grace of God teaches us, It teaches people to maybe reconsider taking a job closer to home and not have to spend so much time away from home.

Its the grace of God which teaches that maybe it would be better to restructure your life give more room to Gods things.

Oaks of righteousness do not grow in one day.

2013/6/25 10:31Profile

Re:

Most of us (if not all) have to be Martha's first before we understand what being Mary is all about.

It's not about us performing, but resting at His feet and listening to and watching Him. "In His light we see light".

2013/6/25 10:36
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:
Most of us (if not all) have to be Martha's first before we understand what being Mary is all about.

It's not about us performing, but resting at His feet and listening to and watching Him. "In His light we see light".

I think you are right.

I know the man isn't highly regarded on this forum but what turned it around for me was reading Joseph Prince's book Unmerited favour in December of 2011.

The realisation that God Loves me, nothing more, nothing less, transformed my life. That I am the disciple whom Jesus Loves, floored me. All because he loves me!!!

You know these things, yah, yah, God loves you, but seriously, when I just stopped and let the revelation of Gods love touch my life that Jesus again became so wonderful.

2013/6/25 10:48Profile
MaryJane

Re:

I can only share with you what the WORD tells us, and that is simply this, if we love HIM, if we are truly HIS then we will obey HIM as LORD of our lives. Its not my standard or theology its HIS WORDS...

All I know is that its a daily act of living, submitting, obeying and loving the LORD JESUS and that HE sees us through. It is very easy to take on the cares of the world and then say GOD will understand...how easy it is for us to turn from HIM because we are so busy with life that one hour goes by and we do not think of HIM. And then how much more easy it is two spend the day, week, month, or lifetime and JESUS is but an after thought to some....The enemy wants us to be busy about the world so we do not think on JESUS KINGDOM.

JESUS alone saves us, HE gives and by HIS strength we receive. HE acts and we react, its all about daily relationship with HIM as LORD of our lives. That is all I have to share or can say on the matter.

ZskeO wrote:Oaks of righteousness do not grow in one day.

You are right they grow over a life time of living, submitting and daily walking with HIM who is the source of all life :)

God bless brother
mj

2013/6/25 10:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy