Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wearing Red

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:

QUOTE:
"May my attire never distract from what God is doing and seeing on the inside, and may I always be aware that men are judging me by what they see on the outside!"

Amen! This is my concern.

I think that this is the key to any way that you dress. What is the condition and motivation of the heart?

As believers, our entire existence is meant to bring honor and glory to our King for which we are ambassadors. Whenever we fear that we are receiving some of the glory that is due Him, or when we think that we might be a stumbling block to others, we can go before the Lord and get our bearings.

As for any particular "color:" I am reminded about a couple of things.

First, colors have different meanings associated with them in different cultures and nations. A friend of mine recently passed away. His son began wearing black as a sign of mourning. Yet, in some countries, a person would actually wear red or even white for the very same reason. A color that might have once been deemed "sinful" in this nation may have the opposite meaning elsewhere.

Secondly, I immediately thought about the verse from the Sermon on the Mount in which Jesus spoke about taking care of sparrows and the lilies of the field (Matthew 6:25-34). That passage says that God "clothes" such things. If God clothed something as innocent as a rose or cardinal in red, then it is human association that can be negative rather than God's.

I think that a color can fall under the encouragement we receive in Titus 1:15: "To the pure, all things are pure..." In other words, we don't associate evil to a particular color -- even if a color can be used for evil.

Like Sister ginnyrose and Brother Tom (Sidewalk) pointed out, it has more to do with our motivation and what we do if we discover that anything that we say, do or even wear might rob God of His glory or distract others from Him.

The Lord bless you.

2013/6/20 21:15Profile
dohzman

Re: Wearing Red

I wear the Ohio State Buckeyes colors which are red and grey or grey and red. Personally I do not have trouble with any color as long as the style is modest.

2013/6/20 22:36Profile

Re: Wearing Red

" Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

Philippians 4:8

in Jesus' love, neil

2013/6/21 7:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy