SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Terri Schiavo, death by starvation, please pray for her

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
Matt25

Athens Ga

Re:

Michael Schiavo is going to cremate Terri so that no medical autopsy can be performed as her family wishes because they believe Michael Schiavo is the reason she ended up the way she did...

[url=http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/3/26/73839.shtml]link[/url]

2005/3/27 3:04Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

John 14:25-27 25 "I have spoken these things to you while I remain with you. 26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have told you. 27 "Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful.

The word of God is inspired by God as you said:
1Jo 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Now as it is inspired by God in requires that the spirit of God interpret it for us for us and teach us ALL things. Our mind is carnal and can't understand the things of the spirit and so spiritual things need spiritual discernment.

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation.

Quote:
This is not "theology influenced by intellectuals". This is the Bible making very simple statements.

I know this, but I'm saying the interpretation of that and much of the bible has been influenced by the carnal mind of men. See the bible itself is breathed by God right? it has power because it came from God so for it to have power in our lives we must allow God to give it life for us. As it is inspired by the spirit of God, that same spirit is required so we can understand it. That's why Christ sent the Holy spirit to teach us all things and remind us of what we has taught us. Think about this, the spostles didn't have the bible as we have it today for them to know what God wanted, they had Christ there to teach them, and then after He left the Holy spirit was all they had and that's what inspired them and empowered them to go out and do all that they did.

Concerning instruction by the Holy spirit

Acts 1:1-5 1 I wrote the first narrative, Theophilus, about all that Jesus began to do and teach 2 until the day He was taken up, after He had given orders through the Holy Spirit to the apostles whom He had chosen. 3 After He had suffered, He also presented Himself alive to them by many convincing proofs, appearing to them during 40 days and speaking about the kingdom of God. 4 While He was together with them, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for the Father's promise. "This," He said, "is what you heard from Me; 5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

On resisting the Holy Spirit

Acts 7:51-53 51 "You stiff-necked people with uncircumcised hearts and ears! You are always resisting the Holy Spirit; as your forefathers did, so do you. 52 Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? They even killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whose betrayers and murderers you have now become. 53 You received the law under the direction of angels and yet have not kept it."

the pharisees had the various texts that were available at the time and knew them back and forth and followed the instructions therein to the letter. THe spirit that they had was one of self glorification not God-glorification. Of all people they should have recognized Christ when He came but they didn't and Christ had nothing good to say of them. They had scripture but not the spirit to interpret it and so they got it wrong. THe power of the bible's words come from the spirit which inspired it, without it the bible means nothing as evidenced by what happened with the pharisees. The bible is the lightbulb, if we don't plug it in to the source of it's power it can't shed any light.

All through Acts there is much mention of the Holy Spirit and people desiring it and then being empowered by it do go out and do big things in God's name. That is the first thing we should seek. when we receive Christ He points us to the Holy spirit who is the comforter and teacher, whi can lead us to Christ, who leads us to the father.

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation

here is the rest of that passage.

2 Peter 1:19-21 19 So we have the prophetic word strongly confirmed. You will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dismal place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts. 20 First of all, you should know this: no prophecy of Scripture comes from one's own interpretation, 21 because no prophecy ever came by the will of man; instead, moved by the Holy Spirit, men spoke from God.

Private interpretation meaning coming from the hearts of men but from the Holy spirit sent from God. So for one to prophecy, one must be led by the spirit, to be taught the word of GOd, one needs to be taught by the spirit, to please God one must have the spirit of God. Se brother matt what is so powerful about this passage for me is that untill I saw your post, I didn't know that verse in the bible even existed. When I read it, the spirit showed me that interpretation of prophecy is a thing that come via the spirit of God and when I read the word AFTER that, it was confirmed. See we can't go into the word of God without the spirit of God to guide us and teach us because the enemy can attach and we won't even knwo it.

6 Now without faith it is impossible to please God, for the one who draws near to Him must believe that He exists and rewards those who seek Him.

Faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit. The holy spirit can't be ducked or overstepped if we want to have anything to do with God. Of late we have kinda pushed Him into the backburner or out of the picture completely. Without the spirit of God to show us how to please God all we do instead angers God. It's one or the other, either what we do pleases God or angers Him, there is no middle ground.

All these things are not coming from my head, perhaps that's what makes them difficuly even for me at times. When things come from God himself via the spirit there is an unmistakable gravity they have. God has been directing me this whole time because someone somewhere on S.I. or beyond needed this, I also needed it. Perhaps it was you or someone else, I don't know. God just said speak forth as I instruct you and that's what I've been doing.

I'm not saying anyone should jump on my brand of theology coz first of all it isn't mine. This is God speaking to me and through me. That may sound weird but that's just what it is. I'm not the author of these words so I won't be the one to vindicate them, God Himself will take care of that. I'm but a messenger who also needs to heed this message, perhaps more so than anyone else. It sort of puts me at odds with others out there, but then again God warned me of this but He said He would hold up His work and He would see His work through till the end.

Quote:
You tell me to "seek the Holy Spirit to teach me". That teaching begins first with the scriptures. I have a very hard time even taking one step towards your brand of theology if you can't point me towards ANY scripture in the Bible where it even remotely implies we are to seek the Holy Spirit's guidance before helping a burdened brother or sister.

It's not me telling you, its God telling us all. I'm not exempt from this nor have I grasped it fully, but God is showing me more and more each day. Some things God places in front of us to leave alone so we can learn to trust that He has seen it and chosesn someone else to deal with it. It's a part of faith, knowing and believing that God knows all and sees all and has all things in His hands

2005/3/27 13:15Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Well we could all debate this until Christ's return and dig up every scripture to justify our personal opinions, but bottom line I personally feel is that God is in control and her death "if this is what God chooses" will not be in vain and I feel it will be used as an example in all the other cases in which people are in this situation and my help keep someone else alive. I don't know what God's intentions are as his ways are not our ways we can't even begin to comprehend why he does what he does all we can hope and pray is we might be here to see the outcome and if not maybe we can ask him when we get to heaven.

2005/3/27 13:27Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Some Christian said...

Quote:

MrBillPro wrote:
...bottom line I personally feel is that God is in ...her death "...this is what God chooses"

I know, this is a bit naughty of me, but hey selective hearing seems to be the order of the day on this one, so I thought I would create my own stupid controversy.

This is just a very sad thing!!! :cry:

2005/3/27 13:47Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
This is just a very sad thing!!!

indeed it is zeke.

2005/3/27 14:22Profile
Matt25

Athens Ga

Re:

Ironman wrote:

Quote:
God has not moved me to pray for her but to speak on this. See if I prayed for her it would do no good because God already has people He has assigned to that cause already so my extra input doesn't help, it takes away from what I SHOULD be doing. see what I mean.

I am trying really hard to understand how it has been so difficult to offer one solitary prayer for a defensless woman who is being starved to death in Florida. Indeed you have spent more time debating with us because we ARE praying for her and we are raising awareness. If you look back over your posts, your very first one was antagonistic against the very first post which was that someone asked us to pray for her. I'm having a very difficult time understanding your motive. I mean, why make a comment at all? All of your posts have been about defending yourself for why you're not going to offer a prayer for her because you are so burdened by all of your other burdens. Sounds like the spirit of selfishness to me...Or maybe you don't believe what is happening to Terri is actually murder?

In your long response about the Holy Spirtit you have provided absoloutely no evidence that we as Christians are to await the Holy Spirit's guidance before we pray for a burdened brother or sister. What you have done is prove that the Holy Spirit will guide us into all Truth of knowledge about Christ. When Luke writes the Gospel of Luke, he doesn't say "the Holy Spirit led me to write this..." No. Luke says:

Luk 1:3 It seemed [b]good[/b] to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

So, Luke wrote the Gospel of Luke not because he was necessarily led by the Holy Spirit, but because it "seemed good". Now, when Luke sat down to write the Gospel of Luke, the Holy Spirit guided him in rememberence and all Truth about the events that took place and about Jesus.

2005/3/27 17:00Profile
Matt25

Athens Ga

Re:

Ironman wrote:

Quote:
All these things are not coming from my head, perhaps that's what makes them difficult even for me at times. When things come from God himself via the spirit there is an unmistakable gravity they have. God has been directing me this whole time because someone somewhere on S.I. or beyond needed this, I also needed it. Perhaps it was you or someone else, I don't know. God just said speak forth as I instruct you and that's what I've been doing.

1Co 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

The Holy Spirit is guiding me. And I am not confused by what he is telling me. He is telling me that your interpretation regarding this issue is incorrect. The Scriptures and the Holy Spirit will NEVER contradict one another. There is a clear command for us to carry one another's burdens in scripture. There is nowhere in scripture a command that says, "the Holy Spirit will guide you to know which of your brother's burdens to carry and which one's not to carry". By offering a prayer and raising awareness of Terri Schiavo I am helping lift her burden. It just "seems good to me". The Holy Spirit guides me in knowing what things are good and pleasing to God and what things are not. The Holy Spirit is the comforter while I am living the Christian life. The Holy Spirit is not passive. If it is within my power to help another Christian lift a burden, the Holy Spirit convicts me to do so.

I am not sinless and I am fully aware that all Christians commit the sin of omission. Christianity is not a passive religion in the area of helping others. To be a follower of Christ is to be servant of all. It means denying yourself, losing yourself, sacrificing all that you have and are so that you can love your neighbor as yourself. Indeed, too few Christians are willing to expend themselves to the end to help fellow brother's and sisters. We are selfish and that's why we say things like "I will wait on the Spirit to tell me if I should pray for Terri or not".

2005/3/27 17:18Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
I am trying really hard to understand how it has been so difficult to offer one solitary prayer for a defensless woman who is being starved to death in Florida. Indeed you have spent more time debating with us because we ARE praying for her and we are raising awareness. If you look back over your posts, your very first one was antagonistic against the very first post which was that someone asked us to pray for her. I'm having a very difficult time understanding your motive. I mean, why make a comment at all? All of your posts have been about defending yourself for why you're not going to offer a prayer for her because you are so burdened by all of your other burdens. Sounds like the spirit of selfishness to me...Or maybe you don't believe what is happening to Terri is actually murder?

The reason I haven't been asked to pray for her is because you are. Do you see know what this is all about. God has moved you to do so and moved me to do something else. That is the purpose of the body of believers, each of us have different responsibilities and we have to stick to them. My prayer will not change anything or bear fruit because it is not God's will for me to pray for her at this time but your prayers will be some of those which God will respond to. What's happenning to Terri is sad indeed but worse things are happenning out there to others and yet you are not moved as I am to pray for them. This is because God has motivated you in the spirit for this thing and me for another. See now?

I'm not burdened by anything except that which God places on me. The same applies to you and us all, we should be aware of what God places on our hearts and tend to it fervently.

Quote:
In your long response about the Holy Spirtit you have provided absoloutely no evidence that we as Christians are to await the Holy Spirit's guidance before we pray for a burdened brother or sister. What you have done is prove that the Holy Spirit will guide us into all Truth of knowledge about Christ. When Luke writes the Gospel of Luke, he doesn't say "the Holy Spirit led me to write this..." No. Luke says:

Quote:
Luk 1:3 It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus,

Quote:
So, Luke wrote the Gospel of Luke not because he was necessarily led by the Holy Spirit, but because it "seemed good". Now, when Luke sat down to write the Gospel of Luke, the Holy Spirit guided him in rememberence and all Truth about the events that took place and about Jesus

The whole inspiration for luke to write the gospel with his name came forth from the Holy spirit, he may not have said that but there is no way he could have concieved it without God sanctioning it or impressing it upon him. What I am getting at, what the spirit is impressing on me and us all is that not all prayers are fruitful, not all things we do are fruitful. They may seem good enough but when God judges them, there won't withstand the fire. What is good and fruitful and can withstand the fire is that which proceeds from the spirit of God. This is what this is all about. This whole issue about terri was a thing that God used to show me this. I thought once that I shouldpray for any and everything. I began to realize that this was too much to bear and that we all have our part to play in this and we must stick to that.

It's not that I'm against praying for her or doing stuff for her, the spirit is impressing on me and us all to be weary of why we do things, the bottom line being is it is not a thing inspired by the spirit, it will bear no fruit. This is what it's about, our motivation for action. Do we want to glorify God our ourselves.

bro matt, The Lord impressed this on me, and so I did as He asked. I knew well enough what kinda debate this would begin and what people reading would think of me.You don't have to try and understand it, I never asked you to. In fact I'm not trying to convince anyone, that's notmy concern, my concern is to speak whatever God places on me in spirit and when my part is done, I must move on to the next thing God has coz He will finish whatever He uses me to start. And this funny enough is where my job ends concerning this, I pray all the graces and mercies of God on you brother Matt. God has taught me much in this also using you. God bless you!

2005/3/27 17:46Profile
Matt25

Athens Ga

Re:

Ok we can agree to disagree. God Bless
Matt

2005/3/27 17:56Profile
Angyl

Re:

Read all about it right here. No spin, no conservative or liberal slant. Just the facts, as presented to the Courts and Mr. Bush on the matter. if you take time to study this with an open mind you will find your thoughts changing.

http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/WolfsonReport.pdf

2005/3/28 11:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy