SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Terri Schiavo, death by starvation, please pray for her

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Quote:
You are correct in that we should be as concerned about what takes place in other places, but the inferrence that can be taken from this, or at least I get from it, is wrong--in that we shouldn't pay attention to the injustice being done to a young woman in Fl. because world leaders don't pay attention to atrocities taking place in other countries.

Hulsey, I'm not suggesting that we stop caring (once again) I'm saying we should not forget the millions of others who endure worse things every day. I'm calling for an even measure of concern for our other brethren, that's all. If our leaders refuse to pay attention to international concerns then we need to get in their grill about it just like we have with terri's case. I mean GW Bush left his ranch early to sign this bill for her and yet when he was on the campaign trail the plight of those in darfur was never mentioned, it was given a little lip service during the debate and nothing else. The involvement of most politicians is based on what they can gain out of it in terms of popularity or legacy. We need to check ourselves to see if we are doing all this because we want to glorify ourselves in some way or if God is behind it. Consider this, even if the whole world prayed for something to happen and the Lord had made up His mind that nothing would happen, God can't be manipulated into doing what we want, He does as He pleases and we need to recognize this.

You know I have found in God dealing with me He has shown me what He wants me to be concerned about and it's a lot less stuff than I used to worry about and I like that a lot more. We're more useful to God if we can stay focused on the things He places on us. We treat things as though God is unaware of what's going on. When God says "I want you to do this" we respond by saying "well what about that" maybe not in those words but in our attitude to the work. anyone kinda see what I'm getting at?

2005/3/26 23:02Profile
Matt25

Athens Ga

Re:

Quote:
am very sorry if I offended anyone.

You haven't offended anyone. This is just a dispute between fellow believers.

In Christ
Matt

2005/3/26 23:11Profile
Matt25

Athens Ga

Re:

Quote:
as Christians we are spread FAR TOO THIN

Mat 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

With the greatest of respect, I don't think Christians are "spreading themselves" quite thin enough.

2005/3/26 23:13Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Hi Ironman,

Good response, you made me think.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/3/26 23:22Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
I do care about Sudan, and China, and North Korea, and Africa. Problem is, those countries are not democracies. Those countries are dictatorships. America is a country of laws and those of us who believe that Terri should be kept alive believe that way because murder is against the Law.

Ok so are you implying that if the country in question is not a democracy, then the lives of the people there are of no consequence? If so then that's your own opinion and that's cool, I would disagree with you but that's cool too. It is also murder what's happenning over there, isn't all life worth the same? or are africans, chinese, etc who live in a dictatorship not worth as much as Americans living in a democracy? If this is the case then what is the value of one such life in comparison to an American one?

Quote:
Judges are not elected, they are appointed. Bill Clinton appointed Judge Greer.

I know that but we elect the people who appoint the judges...

Quote:
I don't care if you are a democrat or a republican. I just want to know where you stand morally. There are moral conservatives in both parties and there are moral liberals in both parties. There are people in both parties who are ungodly and there are people in both parties who are godly. We can disagree all day long on the fiscal issues of government and I wouldn't care at all or get that worked up about things. But where we can not and must not disagree is the difference between right and wrong. Any way you look at it, Terri is being murdered.

You know this whole thing about morals is going to get a lot of people in trouble. If morals mean doing the right thing and we do that, fine. However God demands excellence out of us, which can only come from Him via the the Holy spirit. Without the holy spirit it is impossible to please God and if we are going to rely on just 'doing the right thing" then we are hellbound. If we don't seek God in Spirit and truth we have no hope. Christ said even some of those who cast out demons and prophecy in the spirit mind you will cry out "lord lord" and He will say get away from me evildoers I don't know you. Do y'all see the gravity of that statement? If we are content to be less than excellent in God's eyes, then WE ARE IN TROUBLE!!! THe devil loves morality, it's a good way to keep men from concerning themselves with what God places on men's hearts which then disrupts the whole relationship with God which is or a spiritual nature. When that relationship is disrupted, the devil can kill steal and destroy.

You know what, I'm not big on morals any more. I used to be but it doesn't satisfy the longing deep down. It can't satisfy the thirst I have for God and the 1 thing that can is the SPIRIT OF GOD ITSELF and that is what's moving me. The spirit ties me to God and His desires for my life, the things that would please Him if I allowed Him to move in me and through me, that's where it's brethren. Seek the spirit of GOd in all things and let Him direct you, you can't go wrong with that. all you can do is please God after that. Someone feel me on this...please

2005/3/26 23:28Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Hi Ironman,

Quote:
Ok so are you implying that if the country in question is not a democracy, then the lives of the people there are of no consequence?

I think what he was trying to say was not that their lives are of no consequence, but that in this country we are priveledged to live under the rule of law and that he believes Terri is being denied that.

2005/3/26 23:34Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Matt
I mean in the sense that we are taking on more (on an individual level) than God requires of us. Christ said we should take up our own cross which means we should take up our own responsibilities in Christ, not everyone else's. We should focus on what God wants us to do not what we think He wants us to do. In following christ we should follow where He leads and He will not lead us to fight every fight, some fights He'll place on our path so we learn to listen to Him when He says "walk away" I used to pray for any and every thing and I'd feel bad when I forgot and one day God showed me that I need not pray for everything coz there are other brethren out there praying too. It felt like the world was taken from my shoulders bro. Now I'm learning more and more how to move when the spirit tells me to move and when you've been used to jumping at everything, that's kinda hard to do. to walk away from some things, ignore other and focus on what God places before you and says "son, focus on this"

see what I'm saying?

2005/3/26 23:36Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

Quote:
I think what he was trying to say was not that their lives are of no consequence, but that in this country we are priveledged to live under the rule of law and that he believes Terri is being denied that.

I kinda figured that, it's just that the lack of concern says that their lives are of no consequence, the action in response to their plight is speaking louder than the words. I mean bro J. we should also be that much more grieved and moved that other people DON'T HAVE the pirviledge of living under just laws. Feel me?

2005/3/26 23:45Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Consider it this way

Quote:

IRONMAN wrote:
Ok so are you implying that if the country in question is not a democracy, then the lives of the people there are of no consequence?

Not taking sides with any view, in those other countries they don't have the rights that the Americans have. I am powerless outside of prayer to make any difference in thos countries, if I go there and have prayer vigils and placards they may kill me and it probably won't change a thing. In this case people standing up for their viewpoint is a right that those other people can't exercise. For America as a nation, they will reap the consequences of their actions by allowing or not allowing this lady to pass away. They as a nation are not accountable for decisions made by the people of China or Sudan. This is a predominantly American site, frequented by mostly, you guessed it, Americans.

It does not surprise me that this has made it onto this website and sparked some interesting debates. For example the last presidential election, had all kinds of comments about Bush this and Kerry that. From a personal standpoint my bible tells me to pray for those in authourity, this world in its present form is going to end, so I don't really care who is the president of the USA or SA for that matter.

Because that is my feelings sitting here in SA, how can I force my feelings onto those who are involved in it. I can't, it is the same with your comments about Sudan and China. Do you get what I mean?

2005/3/27 0:01Profile
Matt25

Athens Ga

Re:

Quote:
Christ said we should take up our own cross which means we should take up our own responsibilities in Christ, not everyone else's.

Gal 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

2005/3/27 0:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy