SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Concern Over J. Osteen Ministry

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
KrispyKrittr, I just like messing with you and I think you know that

And I you... ;-)

2005/3/21 10:01
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Hearing voices...?

Quote:
Actually Bill... there is a long list of really great preachers on this very site. It's over in the MP3 section. Check it out!

8-) Hi Bill, glad to know that there are others that talk to themselves...

And on a similar note, have been listening lately to a wonderful and well seasoned gentleman [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?op=&cid=17]Major Ian Thomas[/url] specifically, the 4 part message he shares and at 88 yrs of age, it is quite remarkable, a very singular message it is;

Jesus.

2005/3/21 10:19Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Hearing voices...?

Wow, that was a great! message Thanks! what a sweet spirit that man seems to have. Yea we all should take time to talk to ourselves it helps me keep some prospective on my life. :-)

2005/3/21 13:03Profile
abbas_child

Re: False Teaching

Dear More of Him,

I understand the spirit of your comments however I must humbly take exception with your characterization of John Eldridge and the ministry of Ransomed Heart. The central point of the entire ministry is to point people to Jesus. The premise of the ministry is Jesus' quote of Isa 61:1.

The fact that Jesus declares that he came to bind up the brokenhearted and the statement that "...This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears." (Lk 4:21) shows the intent of the ministry of Jesus. I do not see man getting the glory, I see Jesus being glorified.

I have changed in a tremendously dramatic fashion through and by the Holy Spirit and inspiration through the ministry of Ransomed Heart.

Just ask my wife and children, the true test, from a self centered religious person to a Jesus centered resurrected life. A changed life can be the only true test.

It is probably more sophistry than anything else to see something other than the truth. What I mean is in this modern age with all of the voices out there and the constant barrage of information via the new tower of Babel (the www). We reflect our own bias and subjectivity in our hearing. The comparison of two devoted and sincere servants (Piper & Eldridge) we set ourselves up as a critic. This presupposes a point of view that is tainted. It is not a zero sum game, both my have truth or insight to glean from. The entire website of Sermon Index is a testimony to the encouragement we receive from the messages of godly men.

Just eat the chicken and spit out the bones. If you do not get closer to Jesus from a message than that's ok. If it is blatant heresy than a warning may be in order, only after much prayer and listening for the right words and leading of the Holy Spirit to as Paul says "...I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears. (Acts 20:31) The important part being the tears.

Jeff Hollett

2008/1/7 11:24Profile
moreofHim

Re: reply

Dear Jeff,

I do hope you realize that my original post was done so almost 3 years ago. I cannot say that I stand exactly where I stood 3 years ago on all of these issues.

So glad He has shown Himself to you in a real way!

In His love, Chanin

2008/1/7 11:46Profile

Re:

Mrbillpro signature says,

Quote:
"People that act Spiritual aren't" John Hagee

Speaking of false brethern, John Hagee too has been quoted lately in his book, "In defence of Israel" stating that Jesus didn't come as the Messiah, and that the Jews can't be faulted for not believing in Him. Hagee claims to have the facts that Jesus wasn't the Messiah.

Since your using Hagee's name as part of your signature, were you aware of these false teachings that he is spreading?
Oops, I just realized that this thread is 3 years old, alot of things have changed since then, but I'll leave this posting here anyway, you don't have to answer it MrBillpro.

2008/1/7 16:35

Re:

My goodness, it's amazing how far off the track John Hagee has managed to go as of late...

Krispy

2008/1/7 16:45
Compton

Re:

It may be that John Hagee was trying so hard to create a buzz worthy book that he went too far and was misunderstood. Here is his [url=http://www.jhm.org/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&type=gen&mod=Core+Pages&gid=F9D83613EC574E6D8A2530B583FE9B95]letter to explain[/url].

2008/1/7 17:24Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Concern Over J. Osteen Ministry

Hi everyone.

moreofHim, it seems wise to seek wisdom and help from God like you are.

A couple of things come to mind if I could share them?

In John's Gospel, when the Lord Jesus was brought before the high priest, it says the high priest asked him about His [i]disciples[/i] and His [i]doctrine[/i]. And then it says, after the Lord answered them, that one of the officers that stood by struck Him. And then it says

Jesus answered him,

[b][color=660000]If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me? [/color][/b]

Now that seems to be a danger here, that a crowd gather together and smite this man with their words, like "false teacher" and so on, but never bear witness to the actuall evil that is supposed to have been done. I mean taking the time to actually bring out the evidence of wrong doing. That seems like it would take a lot of time and effort and could be difficult to handle properly.

Now the other thing that came to mind was a qoute that I heard or read, attributed to Charles Spurgeon that says something to this effect:

the way you show that a stick is crooked is to lay a straight one next to it.

May you have the wisdom and direction that you need,

Chris

2008/1/7 20:45Profile
moreofHim

Re: reply

Hello Chris (and others),

I know I already posted this once today- but it looks like i need to repeat it :-)-- I made this original post almost [u]3 yrs ago[/u]. I've had LOTS of time to think and rethink these issues by now :-)

My thoughts on this topic haven't changed much in this time but I hope I am a little wiser about a few things (maybe not :)

In Christ, Chanin

2008/1/7 21:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy