SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Harlem Shake ... lewd suggestive dancing ... becoming popular amongst "Christians"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: Judging

I really pity the masses of Christian people who have been duped into believing that Christians are not supposed to judge. I recently saw a cartoon (in Spanish) that depicted that situation:

The member is about to enter the church, and the usher has opened his head, and pulled out his brain, and he is politely saying: "Let me have this ... you won't need it here".

When a misinformed religious leader tells you that you are not supposed to judge, he is telling you to NOT USE YOUR BRAIN! "Just accept whatever we tell you ... If we say we are Christians and we act sincere ... don't measure anything that we do by the Bible and form any kind of conclusion that we could be decieved ... you're not supposed to do that ..."

Definition of Judge: to form an opinion about through careful weighing of evidence and testing of premises

Christians are INSTRUCTED to judge in God's Word!

Go to e-sword. Search the word "judge". You might be shocked at what you find.

2013/3/12 20:06Profile
Anamosa41

Georgia, USA

Re:

Has anyone ever checked to see if they may possibly be letting the cultural mentality of acceptance influence their ability to discern? It is very easy to allow that to happen. I think we should all read Revelation 4 and recognize the glory of God. If Christians are the ambassadors of God, then Christians are called to reflect the glory of God. If you want to compare The Harlmem dance to Revelation 4, you'll see there are only contrasts, not likenesses. Simple reasoning suggests this is not the glory of God. To simplify the matter, Paul says to do all things as unto the Lord. Understanding this will answer the question, "Should I be okay with Christians doing this?"

2013/3/12 20:20Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

very good point..Anamosa41..

the glory of GOD should be our prime motivation in all areas of our Life..

And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them: and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it.
(Jer 33:9)

would it not be great if these young people turned off thier music and picked up God's word at service.. and shake at his Goodness and Holiness...\
what a sight that would be... God please raise a up a generation that would stand for you and your Gospel...

andy

2013/3/13 1:03Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

THE VISION

That night, David Wilkerson attended the concert. He arrived shortly after the introductions were made and stood unobtrusively among the crowd at the back of the grounds. It was a "festival" format, with no seating, and approximately 3,000 young people either stood or lounged on the ground. Few of these youngsters would have recognized David Wilkerson, so he blended anonymously into the crowd.

The singer stopped the music and, for a few minutes, testified to his purported "work for the Lord". When he concluded his "testimony" he made a reference to the Lord's coming and shouted "Lets rock!" (or something to that effect).

At this point, hard-core religious rock music blared from the amplifiers, and 3,000 youngsters started "dancing", their bodies writhing in contortion to the rhythm of the music.

Brother Wilkerson told Donnie that as he was standing there observing this scene, he suddenly came under the power of God, and fell to his knees. God then gave him a vision.

He saw the platform upon which the musicians were playing. And then he saw thousands of demon spirits rising up out of the platform and floating out over the audience where they attached themselves to many of the dancing young people. Then he saw the leering face of Satan rising up in their midst, laughing convulsively. "They think they're praising God," he said, "but actually they are praising me".

Dave jumped to his feet and began running through the crowd, shouting "Ichabod Ichabod" (Translated, this means "the glory has departed")

Bother Wilkerson was shouting at the crowd to repent, but there was such pandemonium that only a handful recognized his motive. A few who did understand dropped to their knees and began weeping. Dave then tried to climb onto the platform to warn the musicians (and the rock singer with whom he had spoken), but the press of the crowd made it impossible.

The sponsors of the concert were off to one side. Dave called them into a room, told them what God had shown he, and then left.

When Donnie related this to me, I felt a cold chill pass over my body.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/christianity/1211945-david-wilkerson-christian-music-testimony-doctrine.html#ixzz2NQauybtJ

2013/3/13 9:55Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Quote:
by SkepticGuy on 2013/3/12 14:08:00

i just stop short of condemning people to hell as has been done here.

WHO has condemned anyone to hell in this thread???

When someone makes a statement like this:

Quote:

"Somehow these poor deceived souls need to be informed that the wrath of God is going to fall upon their "Christian" souls and they will burn in hell forever unless they truly repent of such evil deeds by trusting in the finished work of Christ."

you are falsely accusing the person to say that he is "condemning people to hell"

Definition of Condemn: "2.Sentence (someone) to a particular punishment, esp. death: "the rebels had been condemned to death"."

When someone simply repeats what God has already declared in the Bible like:

"except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."

or

"Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

or

"Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

That person is simply SOUNDING THE WARNING of what such people will be faced with on the REAL day when God WILL pass the eternal sentence on such people and send them to eternal hell.

God has already declared what He will do on the day of judgment. If I sound His warning (as I should if I am faithful to Him), I am not declaring the final condemnation (it is not over yet ... that person just might repent), I am warning of what THE JUDGE has already declared that He will do!

Good post. A person with worldly wisdom cannot understand the difference you have quoted here between judgment and carrying the message about God's judgment.

For example - when Paul says in 2 Timothy 4:14 :- Alexander the coppersmith did me much harm; the Lord will repay him according to his deeds.

Paul is not passing Judgement on Alexander but conveying the judgment that God has told Paul that he is going to bring on Alexander.

If certain SI posters had read this letter during Paul's time, they will go and advice Paul not to say such thing against Alexander!!!

I am not here to judge these dancing men but I can talk to them about God's judgment, to show them how serious it is to be in the household of God.

2013/3/13 10:52Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

oh boy, here we go again with the bizarre story of wilkerson at a christian rock concert (mylon lefevre and broken heart) from 30 years ago.

i have 2 bow out of this conversation now. i cant reason with unreasonableness. (is that a word?)

2013/3/13 11:52Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re: A Better Way

Just a reminder that we are all called as believers to endeavor to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. The peace of Christ is to govern (umpire) our hearts. When two teams see a close call differently, the umpire has the final say. Peace should be the final say among believers in Christ Jesus.

We all experience grief over the way things are expressed at times, but even in the expression of our pain, let's be careful that we are not guilty of the same attitude we claim to be troubled by.

If we are truly troubled by what a brother or sister in Christ is not expressing properly, are we not to be gracious towards them as Christ is towards us. He does reprove, but it is always to restore, and His aim is always that we be made perfect in one.

I do not wish to spotlight any particular person, so please do not go looking for the source with a magnifying glass. Let mercy saturate even the consideration of the example I will reference. It does not matter "who" said it, we are all in the same need of mercy. It does matter that we all recognize the enemy's scheme to divide us against one another.

Here is an example of a less than loving and gracious response at what is perceived to be critical and judgmental opinions:

" not saying the concerns are not legitimate, just saying it is becoming increasingly difficult to stomache the judgementalism among sum of u."

Again, it is not important who said this, but please consider if there is not just as much judgment in the above statement as there is in what it attempted to address

makrothumia

2013/3/13 13:00Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

i said it. (u didnt desguise it well considering that my spelling and style is unique)

we judge everything. what we do, what people say, what we eat. when i first came to this forum i had a lot of questions about faith and god. i was judged quite harshly by many here. 1 person took the time to answer sum of my questions. a sister on this forum. no one else would, but many were quick to attack me simply becuz of the name i chose for this forum. so i think i am in a good position 2 be able 2 stop judementalism when it rears up, brother.

as time has gone by several brothers here have let their guard down and found out that i am not what they originally thought i was. so i will give credit where credit is due.

2013/3/13 13:18Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re: You are not so unique

I really am more sympathetic to your groaning than you might realize. I am a self-confessed Pharisee, and I know many others like myself. I also know far too many who have been hurt by "judgmentalism" and have seen too many church fellowships splintered through biting and devouring.

What I hope to highlight is that simply "reacting" against
the faults of judmentalism by judging rather than loving intercession only accomplishes the enemy's work - discord among the brethren.

The accuser of the brethren need not fabricate lies, because too many of us are easily gullible to bludgeon one another with the facts.

Seeing a fault through the Spirit of Christ and pleading for light and revelation to be given to set the prisoner free from the blindness is far more productive than expressing our growing disgust towards other brothers.

Even if they be "THE LEAST" of our loving brothers.

2013/3/13 13:39Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

points taken under consideration.

2013/3/13 14:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy