SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Harlem Shake ... lewd suggestive dancing ... becoming popular amongst "Christians"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Harlem Shake ... lewd suggestive dancing ... becoming popular amongst "Christians"

Christian colleges and churches “shaken” by pagan craze
By now you’re probably seen the viral “Harlem Shake” videos that are sweeping the nation with new versions uploaded to YouTube daily. If you haven’t, here’s how they work: First you see a subdued, well-behaved group or crowd. Suddenly you hear music audio declaring, “Con Los Terroristas!” A sole individual is then seen dancing while wearing a helmet or mask, while the others seem oblivious to the gyrations in their midst. When the song breaks into “Do the Harlem Shake!” the video cuts and shows the room filled with people in costumes dancing wildly and seductively. It is reminiscent of the Golden Calf scene in the Ten Commandments movie.

Here are students at The Cape Coral Vineyard Ministry:

Everyone’s doing it, including Christian colleges, and church youth groups. Christian News Network has gathered video from Rick Warren’s Saddleback high school ministry, the late Jerry Falwell’s Liberty University, Providence Christian College, Kentucky Christian University, St. Louis Christian College, Northwest University and Cedarville University have all uploaded footage online of their youth breaking out dancing — sometimes with sensual and suggestive moves, and little clothing.

“It would seem that these institutions are in full sync with this culture rather than a witness to the lost,” stated Pastor David Whitney of Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church in Pasadena, Maryland.

A video uploaded by a student at Cedarville University video shows male students dancing in their underwear, with two of the men making sexual poses at each other. One Liberty University video captures a student sporting a yellow shirt with the words “I pee in pools” as he gyrates on top of a couch with his shirtless friends. Another video from Liberty, entitled, “Two Men, One Dorm,” shows two men dancing sexually with one male wearing only a pair of spandex.

“Weird that these are the same kind of LU kids that say homosexuality is a sin,” wrote one commenter.

Read more ... I wouldn't advise even clicking on the "Christian" videos (I didn't):

http://standupforthetruth.com/2013/03/christian-colleges-and-churches-shaken-by-pagan-craze/

2013/3/11 18:20Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Harlem Shake ... lewd suggestive dancing ... becoming popular amongst "Chris

c3 church
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a00-cLOfI3g

brother, this is happening all over in many large churches, it is easy to say everyone doing this does not have Christs spirit.

I do not advise any minors or even saints to watch these things either. It is just indescribable wickedness in churches in america.

This is why we have a burden for Gospel Fellowships to connect true believers in house Churches: www.gospelfellowships.net

2013/3/11 18:35Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

This is just a silly dance. Personally, I think it is something dumb but it is just a silly dance. Those who are doing it in the church and recording are not using it to say it is God doing this. They are just joining in the craze of the dance itself.

2013/3/11 18:37Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Greg, that link you posted about Jesus and the devil and those youth doing that stupid dance. Although it is just a stupid dance I found that video very tasteless. What are youth leaders thinking in making these videos? Are they crazy?? If they are going to do this nonsense dance they really should take it outside and doing it in the parking and not in the church.

2013/3/11 19:02Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

DEADn wrote:

Quote:
This is just a silly dance. Personally, I think it is something dumb but it is just a silly dance.

Personally I can't seen anything silly about it.
Proverbs says:
Pro 14:9 Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.

If it can be a laughable (silly) matter to you, you may not have ever felt the horror of the guilt of sin and godly sorrow that accompanies true repentance (II Corinthians 7:10-11).

DEADn wrote:
Quote:
They are just joining in the craze of the dance itself.

By "joining in the craze of the dance" they are making it obvious that they belong to the satanic spirit that is driving the dance. They should in no way decieve themselves into thinking that they are children of God.

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Somehow these poor deceived souls need to be informed that the wrath of God is going to fall upon their "Christian" souls and they will burn in hell forever unless they truly repent of such evil deeds by trusting in the finished work of Christ.

THANK GOD for house churches and gospel fellowships that are getting away from the abominations that are going on in the official "churches" all across America!

2013/3/11 19:02Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg, that link you posted about Jesus and the devil and those youth doing that stupid dance. Although it is just a stupid dance I found that video very tasteless. What are youth leaders thinking in making these videos? Are they crazy?? If they are going to do this nonsense dance they really should take it outside and doing it in the parking and not in the church.

My friend we need the fear of the Lord. This is an abomination before God. It is a pagan fleshly display. There is nothing funny or amusing about it if we love the Lord.

It is worldly ungodly music and something a person who calls himself a christian should not listen to.

In Christians and groups that condone such things do not have any sense of the Holy Spirit conviction in their lives.

2013/3/11 21:30Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

not sure all the calls for hellfire 2 consume these dancers is necessary or even accurate, but the 'harlem shake' is no doubt foolishness and in poor taste. many people who are in2 doing this sort of thing are not interested in the deeper things of god and therefore are most likely unregenerate and lost and so not surprisingly they act like they are unregenerate and lost. u people get upset as these people as if they are brethren. they are not. they are unsaved, and as such we should pray for them. all the righteous indignation in the world never saved a soul.

2013/3/12 8:44Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Brother Mark,

Here is a burdened message from Wilkerson about these things, may we have wisdom to see these things are not permissible for saints:

But the real issue is not whether or not the New Testament refers to fermented wine or grape juice. The real issue is the abuse of it that is so prevalent today. Solomon had three thousand wives. At one time, Moses permitted divorce. God winked! But God does not wink when His laws become so perverted and abused. Look where our permissiveness has led us. So-called Christian discos, featuring beer drinking and dancing to Christian music. Rocking, rolling, drinking "Christians."

"...Lest they drink and forget the law..."

We are forgetting the laws of God, the very laws Jesus said He came to fulfill. We now allow a lesbian priest to be ordained in the Episcopal church. Homosexuals not only flaunt their sins, they boldly seek recognition and power within the church.

One million new divorces this year. Ten million kids victims of broken homes. Nude dancing in the church sanctuary. Liberal ministers mock old-fashioned biblical sex standards. They now tell our kids, "Masturbation is a gift from God to relieve your tensions."

And the lawlessness to end all lawlessness, some of our church agencies have been serving as fronts for anti-God, Communistic anarchists seeking to destroy democracy - using the churches' missions money to engage in covert acts of violence.

Do Christians drink because of ignorance? Has no one challenged them by the Word of God? Do these new converts from the Jesus movement drink to prove they are liberated and not under law?

A young lady, a member of a Christian love commune, wrote to me recently and said, "Sure, we all drink. Jesus did; Paul did! The Bible is not down on it. Our leaders drink moderately. They are good Bible teachers and they travel, speaking at youth gatherings." Yes - and I happen to know some of them also smoke. They mix Jesus with their heavy rock music, and only God knows where the compromise ends.

They seem to think that adding the word "Jesus" to anything sanctifies it and makes it all right.

You say - "Don't judge, David! What about the beam in your own eye?"

I am not anyone's judge. I have not set myself up as some kind of spokesman for any group. But Paul said, "We judge those within - God judges those without."

It's time judgment was called for! It's time all drinking Christians were challenged! It's time for the Holy Spirit to expose the looseness, the slaphappy "anything goes" attitude. If it's wrong for my dear converted alcoholics and addicts and prostitutes to drink, even moderately, then it is deadly wrong for mature Christians to drink and set a poor example for them.

And I get very weary and spiritually indignant when drinking Christians come back at me with - "Aw, you're just a fundamentalist, law bound, moral do-gooder. We modern, liberated Christians are free in Christ. We are not under law. We will not be bound by your attacks on our freedom."

That offends everything in me that yearns for godliness and holiness. That offends every young convert whom God has convicted of past drinking habits. And the Bible says -

"But whosoever shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!" (Matthew 18:6-7).

I refuse to give in to the mounting pressures of worldliness - in the disguise of spiritual freedom! What has happened to us, saints of God - when we can sit idly by and not rebuke the fast eroding morals in the house of God?

I believe in free grace, but not licentiousness. I believe in the imputed righteousness of Christ, by faith. But I also believe the holiness of God demands that we "touch not that which is unclean."

-David Wilkerson from:
http://www.tscpulpitseries.org/english/undated/sipsaint.html

2013/3/12 9:01Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

When I was a child back in the 50's/60's just the name Jesus brought me into the church, I was interested in that name, and all I had heard about him. Today, it's open season, anything goes to draw people into the building, but when some Churches have a budget of a small city, I can see why. If the name Jesus is not enough to draw you in, and sustain your interest, something has gone terribly wrong in the building.

2013/3/12 10:29Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by SkepticGuy on 2013/3/12 2:44:51

not sure all the calls for hellfire 2 consume these dancers is necessary or even accurate, but the 'harlem shake' is no doubt foolishness and in poor taste. people who are in2 doing this sort of thing are not interested in the deeper things of god and therefore are most likely unregenerate and lost and so not surprisingly they act like they are unregenerate and lost. u people get upset as these people as if they are brethren. they are not. they are unsaved, and as such we should pray for them. all the righteous indignation in the world never saved a soul.

Greetings S.G.

This goes so far beyond foolishness or just bad taste. To see this happen among a group of people who claim to know JESUS, this is so heart breaking and sad, these are not young people of the world doing these things...these are young people who claim the name of JESUS doing these things. It should make us stop and take notice because something is very very wrong when young people that believe they are right with the LORD behave in such a way. You are right they are lost and deceived but they do not even realize this. Seeing something like this does make me want to pray for these lost ones. It moves me to pray that they would see through the deception they are in and repent. But it also makes me shudder to think what must be being taught in these places that these kinds of things can go on...I do think Paul and Peter would have had much to say and it would have begun with those in charge.

God bless
mj

2013/3/12 10:44Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy