SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Talents

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
ceedub

Canada

Re:

Oh, the post where I asked about doctrine was based on a previous post by proudpapa that stated theology was man made. I yet didn't understand that but felt it better to just remove the question. Sorry about that.

2013/2/25 19:49Profile
proudpapa

Re:

////Oh, the post where I asked about doctrine was based on a previous post by proudpapa that stated theology was man made. I yet didn't understand that but felt it better to just remove the question. Sorry about that.////

ceedub was reffering to what I wrote //indoctrination, theolgy and other such man made traditions so bring us into the bondage of the mind, that it makes it very difficult for us to understand the kingdom message.//

I find in my life and have observed in others, that when we approach the scriptures from a theological perspective:,
lets use the tulip for instance, our mind becomes bound to view every scripture so that it does not contridict the five points, no matter what the scripture actually says, for someone whom has ascribed to the tulip they will no mater what, not hear any voice without nor within that would allude to something that might disagree with the tulip.
The same exact thing can be said of those whom ascribe to the the five articles of remonstrance, or for that matter anyone and everyone whom looks through the lens of any theology or doctrinal system as they study the Scripture.

When the truth is that many of these things are paradoxes to our finite mind and when we try to sytematicaly bind the scripture, I believe we make it difficult for God to show us everything that He would desire to show us.

2013/2/25 21:06Profile
Elibeth

Re:

ceedub,

Could you perhaps bear with me just a little farther,on the talents,
that you asked about?

I noticed in Mt.25:14,that this man,....was He the king over this kingdom
that he was talking about ?It said ,v14,..that he " called his OWN SERVANTS" ,.....so they were all 'his' servants. He goes on to say,
that this one... he called this servant of his,..wicked,..slothful,..
Unprofitable,..because he had hid this very valuable something within the earth,..I would say,earthen vessel,....inside himself ,and didnot do what this man / king wanted him to do......

I would say, it correlates with many other Scriptures,...

* Like the man that said, " We will Not have this man to reign over us ".

Also:

* The man that ask, " What must I do to Inherit eternal life" ? Did he throw the Lord' Words to the ground,..and do his own word/will,and went away sorrowful ?
* It is, I believe, The Lord offering us " the Bread of Life",...when He speaks to us,through the Spirit .('For,as many as are led by the Spirit of God,THEY ARE the sons / children of God " ).
The hearing, having Faith to believe,when He speaks through the Spirit to us ,...Word ,..Bread,.and Obeying,...not throwing it to ground, ...and doing our will.

Wasn't that the way Abraham 's faith / believe was,...God spoke to him,..he 'believed' God' voice, ...and although God was asking him to do a most
heart-wrenching thing to do,to kill he own son,..he loved God more than
anything,..himself or his son,and went to obey.

We no not what all The Lord will ask us to do....

I see eternal Life and the kingdom of God in all of this.

Thank you,
Bless you,
elizabeth

2013/2/25 21:29Profile

Re:

Your first point of explanation in your last post appears to be a rationalisation of two ideas. The promises in John chapter ten as well as warnings about temptation. An obvious conclusion in the context of Matthew twenty five and the wicked lazy servant is.......you are no longer talking about the wicked lazy servant.

When you speak about hyper-calvinism as an extreme reaction to John chapter ten and the unspecified warning of scripture to resist temptation you are speaking about any believer who knows the promises of John ten and the same believer who knows he has to resist temptation, Clearly this is a problem because it is a profound shift of meaning and therefore sows confusion. The comment about having an attitude to labour faithfully however is a good answer to the wicked and lazy servant. Clearly labouring is the opposite of laziness. If there is faithfulness in labouring then their is no outer darkness and no need to have to say to the Lord “I knew that you........”

Just to conclude however, there is no issue of temptation with the wicked and lazy servant, in fact he clearly shows that he has not lost anything at all. If he had been walking in some continuous sin, recklessly in disregard of the gift of life, he would be a great deal more than diffident at the Lord’ appearing, he would be truly afraid. As it is his confidence is truly astonishing. His wickedness is evident in his attitude even before the Lord. Not only this he absolutely makes it clear that he knew the Lord. He says ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow and gathering where you scattered no seed.’ Not only does this man acknowledge that he knew the Master, but the Master Himself confirms it by saying ‘You wicked, lazy slave, you knew that I reap where I did not sow and gather where I scattered no seed.’

2013/2/25 21:45
Elibeth

Re:

Andrew,

I really cannot understand ,...follow you too well in just what you are trying to say.

I did not speak anything about hyper-Calvinisim,...I am not formiluar with him,..and have never read any of his material.

What I know, my learning of The Lord,...the Word,...I spend alone, with the
Precious Lord' / His Spirit teaching me,....that is what I rely on .

I, like you, am expressing,what I have to offer, to what is asked,...and also
Knowing that I am accountable to my Master/ Lord.,....and feeling what
He teaches me,..helps me with, I humbly I might ought to share,..and not
Hide it in the earth.

It is truly NOT my intention to offend,...
elizabeth

2013/2/25 22:31Profile
ceedub

Canada

Re:

Jhn 10 speaks of Gods sovereign rule and protection of His flock, keeping them to the end.

The commands to persevere keep us from neglecting our part and rightly ca us to all diligence as in the previous parable of the virgins.

2 seemingly contrary parts to our salvation that aren't.

That's all I was saying.

2013/2/25 23:07Profile
ceedub

Canada

Re:

With such little confusion, lets tackle the unjust steward next.

2013/2/25 23:10Profile
ceedub

Canada

Re:

Are we allowed to joke in this forum?

2013/2/25 23:11Profile
proudpapa

Re: Elibeth

Hi Elibeth

Elibeth wrote/// Andrew,
I really cannot understand ,...follow you too well in just what you are trying to say.
I did not speak anything about hyper-Calvinisim,...I am not formiluar with him,..and have never read any of his material.///

I think Andrew was referring to ceedubs post where
ceedub wrote /// 1. We are given exhortations to persevere because we will be tempted and pressed not to. When you put those commands beside the promises I listed in Jhn 10, there is tension. You can avoid it and take a partial position or seek to rightly divide the word expounding both to neithers hurt.
God has promised to keep us. That said, we are called to persevere lest the preceding promise moved us to act like a hyper Calvinist. It is both. It is primarily God keeping and secondly us persevering.///

Elibeth wrote //// What I know, my learning of The Lord,...the Word,...I spend alone, with the
Precious Lord' / His Spirit teaching me,....that is what I rely on .////

This is obvious by your posts and a wounderful thing!
But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Elibeth wrote ////I, like you, am expressing,what I have to offer, to what is asked,...and also
Hide it in the earth.

elizabeth////

I do not think Andrew is offended at any thing that you have written, he often patiently tolerates me, and for him to do so proves that he is has alot of grace.

Elibeth wrote /// I humbly I might ought to share,..and not
Hide it in the earth.///

As I said I am just starting to scratch the surface of alot of these things so I have found what you have shared to be a great blessing.

2013/2/26 0:26Profile

Re:

Quote:

I did not speak anything about hyper-Calvinisim,...I am not formiluar with him,..and have never read any of his material.

What I know, my learning of The Lord,...the Word,...I spend alone, with the
Precious Lord' / His Spirit teaching me,....that is what I rely on .

I, like you, am expressing,what I have to offer, to what is asked,...and also
Hide it in the earth.

elizabeth

Hi Sister. I wasn't addressing your post. Sorry. I realise that I followed yours so it must have seemed that way. It was ceedub' posts I was addressing. Nothing you have shared would offend me sister.

2013/2/26 3:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy