SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Your Words Are Producing Your Life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
FranklinB

Your Words Are Producing Your Life

The Bible has a lot to say about your mouth. God has connected your mouth to every area of your life. Your words are producing your life. People need to understand the power of their words. The power God has given their words. God gave you a mouth and told man to subdue the earth. How was man going to subdue the earth? Just like God by the words of his mouth. God made you in his image and in his likeness so your words have to have power. How could God make you in his image and in his likeness and your words not have power? Just as God created the world with his words you create the life you want with your words. God created this world by releasing his faith by words. And you speak things in your life by releasing your faith by words.

Look at Joshua 1:8 God said by meditating in his word, by keeping his word in your mouth you would make your way prosperous. By God's word in your mouth you will prosper. Because understand this God's word is creative. And whether his word comes out of his mouth or yours it still will accomplish (Isaiah 55:11). You are made in God's likeness so by you releasing your faith in God's word by the words of your mouth you create. When you believe God's word you will speak it (2 Corinthians 4:13). And when you believe God's word and speak it you will have what you say (Mark 11:23).

But to get that faith you are going to have to spend time in the word. Because faith cometh by hearing that's why God told Joshua to meditate in his word day and night. That was God's way of telling him how to get faith for the things God was going to work through him. God can only work through you as much as you can believe for. And time in the word raises your confidence in God and his word. Therefore you are able to believe for more so God can work more through you.

But it all starts with your faith. Faith in God, faith in God's word, faith in the power God has given your words. God's word is incorruptible seed. And seed has to be planted. That's where meditation comes in. The more you meditate on the word of God the more that seed is planted and watered (1 Corinthians 3:6-9). And when seed is planted and watered it will produce. That word has to take root in your heart. And when that word takes root in your heart the watering of the word will bring it forth into your life.

So just as God's word was creative in the beginning it is still creative. In the beginning God said what He wanted to be. And now it's time you open your mouth and speak what you want to be. God put you on this earth and gave you power and authority. He told man to subdue the earth and he was to do just that by the words of his mouth. You exercise authority with your mouth and he put all the works of his hands under your authority (Psalms 8:6).

So let the redeemed of the Lord say so. You have some say about what goes on in your life. You can decree a thing and it shall be established. You don't have to let the circumstances dictate to you what will be you can decree what will be. Stop letting life rule you and you start ruling it. Like God told man in the beginning you subdue the earth. So by your words create the life you want. Your life is up to you either you will rule as God intended by putting his word in your mouth or you will speak the circumstances and let them rule you.

2012/12/21 0:25Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Your Words Are Producing Your Life

Amen, brother!

2012/12/21 5:31Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Well brother, I am sure glad I am not in control of my life! If I was I would have screwed it up big time.
I choose to submit to God and He is in control of my life as I submit to Him.

I cannot create a pimple on an ants head!

2012/12/21 5:38Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

FranklinB

This sounds alot like word of faith teaching. Your words create your reality. Are you sure about that? I have not found that to be true in my life at all. For example, when I am at work I often play the corporate game of being positive with others and reinforcing what we are being promoted to do. So, I take it and reinforce to others. I get eyes rolling and heads shaking yet I have not necessarily seen it create a true reality in my life. It is more a pseudo reality for me as well as the people I work around.

Maybe I am reading the whole thing wrong?

I had a friend who believe in the word of faith stuff. She didn't want 'negativity' around her and therefore when I confronted her on certain things with her thinking and what certain teachers were promoting she would rebuke me for me. In turn, I would confront her on that.Her actions looked like they caused alot of tension in her home. Eventually she got ovarian cancer and refused to go to the doctor. She proclaimed that God was goind to heal her. She waited, and waited, and waited and then her cancer went to her lungs. When she decided to see a doctor it was too late. Her proclamation and her words failed her and she passed away at the age of 42 from cancer.

How does this situation fit what you have posted?

(I post this not for sympathy but for demonstration of when do words mean something vs not mean something as the poster has stated)

2012/12/21 8:43Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

The Apostle Paul's testimony...

"Are they ministers of Christ?--I speak as a fool--I [am] more: in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often.

From the Jews five times I received forty [stripes] minus one.

Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; [in] journeys often, [in] perils of waters, [in] perils of robbers, [in] perils of [my own] countrymen, [in] perils of the Gentiles, [in] perils in the city, [in] perils in the wilderness, [in] perils in the sea, [in] perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness-- besides the other things, what comes upon me daily: my deep concern for all the churches.

Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn [with indignation]?

If I must boast, I will boast in the things which concern my infirmity. (2 Cor 11:23-30).

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me".

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong". (2 Cor 12:9-10).

Obviously Paul did not have a strong faith! Or maybe his revelation of the Lord was lacking something? What do you think?

2012/12/21 9:17Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I think possibly y'all are being a little rough on Franklin.

It seems that if we are people of faith, then we should be speaking out our faith in words. It seems like a pretty good idea to me.

Is God happier with a Christian who goes around moping and moaning "woe is me" like Eeyore on Winnie the Pooh, or someone like Pollyanna who has a little brighter outlook?

Don't you believe Jesus spoke words of faith? And the Apostle Paul?

I certainly agree that our words do not "create" anything (That is what the book "The Secret" promotes). However they should be EVIDENCE of something, namely, our faith. And guess what-- our faith CAN make things happen. If you do not see that you will have to read your Bible a tad more.

2012/12/21 9:34Profile

Re:

I like the idea of spending time on God's word and meditatating on it. But I am disturbed in the conclusion the OP is coming to. Our time inGid's word is to bring us into a more intimate knowledge of Jesus. It also is to make us mor like Jesus.

I do believe the more time one does spend in God's word the more tbeir faith in prayer will grow. Cetainky true of D. L. Moody. But I do not see this is meant to be decreeing.

My thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2012/12/21 11:44
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

"So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you **SAY** to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done." Mt. 21:21

2012/12/21 12:00Profile

There is no doubt about the reality of speaking words. By them men have led nations astray. There is also no doubt that there is a power in the words that men speak. Again, by them men have led nations astray. There is no doubt that the most accomplished sorcerers understand this point better that the brother who posted the OP.

To simply know that words have power in speech is to know nothing more than the most wicked men who have all “spoken” knew and understood without so much as a thread of enlightenment in their dark minds.

It is all sorcery and witchcraft to speak with the emphasis on “power” and to fail to comprehend that men everywhere are speaking theirs and others lives into visibility and creating a reality which is not of God at all. As to whether we make appellant the Lord’ Name simply presses the point into gross darkness.

There is coming a day when this practise will be judged and men will lose their lives in visibility if they will not repent of “power” seeking and “playing god’s” with other peoples lives, which do not belong to any other than Christ Himself by reason of His purchase. This means ones own life as well. Unless you do not comprehend that you belong to Christ; the purchase of His blood.

May that day come quickly Lord. May it come quickly.

2012/12/21 12:26
jimp

Re:

hi, if the words you speak are given to you from a ramah word from Jesus;which produces faith, you will have whatever you say.if not you have presumption and witchcraft.jimpno one in heb.11 got any direction from meditating on scripture(as wonderful as that is).jimp

2012/12/21 13:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy