Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray over my marriage

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Sree

Re:

Quote:

I had no idea I still had wounds left open. I sat through a Bill Gothard Basic Life Institute seminar years ago and I thought I had most of that squared away. Guess not.

When we hear a preacher or read a Christian book written by God fearing man, we might get either convicted or encouraged. But it is still a second hand word. If you want this word to be true in your life, you need Jesus to show it to you and now this word becomes your first hand. The tree of knowledge cannot make a good couple, it is Christ in the midst of fellowship that causes the unity. I just want you to change your focus. Forgive me if what I said is not appropriate.

2012/12/7 14:29Profile
NickRobinson

Liverpool/UK

Re: This is your answer

Hello and I hope you and your wife are doing better. But let me tell you this from a real experience, from a couple that got to the divorce courts four years ago but never went through with it. I'll explain how the Lord spoke to us, at the same time of day but when were not together.

My wife and I had been going through problems for over a year or two and she felt that it was over. It had been a terrible time for both of us. One blames the other etc. Lots of Christians conclude that divorce is allowed mostly because many Christians do it. It's not scriptural and I'll show you why because of what God told me and my wife.

You find that when you say Jesus does not advocate divorce, people always quote that chapter in Matthew 5:31-32, where Jesus teachers about divorce. In a type of translation, it says that Jesus says, "a man cannot divorce his wife but for marital unfaithfulness. Let's start with that. That is a translation from an Anglican theologian. The head of the Church of England is Henry the 8th because he started that church and he started it because he wanted to get a divorce but the Catholic Church would not allow it. This was the motive behind the start up of this church, it so it would come as no surprise that all who follow this church will think its fine to divorce also. I am not a catholic or a protestant but a Christian, that's why I received this revelation as Jesus said, “my mother and brothers are those that hear my father's voice and learn from him". Now if this is the case, that a man can divorce for unfaithfulness then why do we find the woman caught in adultery a few chapters on, that is brought to Jesus and is asked if she should be stoned to death? Even Jesus knows the law, that this should be the case. Why does Jesus not say, "Just give her a certificate of divorce", like the previous chapter says could happen (in the misstranslation)?

You see it’s a contradiction because of a deliberate mistranslation. You see the original translation says, "A man may divorce for nothing but fornication". Fornication is sex before you are married, sex during marriage with someone other than your wife or husband is adultery hence the woman caught in adultery was to be stoned to death because that was the law, but of course Jesus wanted to forgive, but he could not go against his law so he brought it from a legalistic level to a conscious one and held up a mirror to the accusers. The woman never got divorced she just never committed adultery again, as Jesus commanded her. So you see, the mat 5:31-32 that is mistranslated does not even stand up in the case of this woman that never got divorced even though the whole town knew of her affair and it does not stand up against the law or the original translation that is “fornication” and not “adultery” two very different words. Divorce is not allowed at all.

So why then does Jesus use the word "divorce" in the context of fornication? What Jesus is talking about here are couples that are engaged. In western society, this has been watered down to simply mean someone is a bit more serious in a relationship but, it used to mean you were as good as married. This is where Moses would allow divorce but even in this, Jesus said "it should not be but because of the hardness of your hearts (unwilling to forgive), Moses allowed it" So the Lord showed my wife and me this twisted meaning and his true meaning of divorce. This is why, Joseph was going to divorce Mary quietly so that she would not be ridiculed even though they were not married yet but they were engaged. That’s in Matthew 1:18-19. Please read this one).
God himself says this in Mal2:16 that He hates divorce. Here is the scary part that the Lord showed us. Jesus said that you have to forgive others so that your Heavenly Father can forgive you. So when you get divorced you are saying that you are not forgiving and here is my bit of paper to prove it, just in the same sense that Moses gave the stubborn Israelites in the desert the ability to nullify their engagement but even this Jesus does not allow and it’s him we follow not Moses. We have to forgive otherwise your wife or yourself may get divorced and open an orphanage and get Loads of people to the Lord but it will be as filthy rags because there was nothing you could be forgiven for since you were divorced. You would still carry all your sins since. This is a hard teaching and even at the time that Jesus spoke it the Bible says that “many left him” because of it. You’ll always find that in all scriptures that Jesus taught, many leave Him if it’s too hard for them to do in the flesh but we do it in and by His Spirit. Tell your wife that Satan is putting in hers and yours and many other Christians minds that divorce is okay but when you stand before an almighty and righteous God, do you think that man made bit of paper that says "legally divorced" will mean anything to Him? Of course not. Once Christians get the idea out of their minds that divorce is allowed then they try to work much harder because that’s who they are with for life so throw off all that sin that hinders and run the race in your marriage, set out before you by God and finish in Style so He will say “Well done good and faithful servants”. Tell your wife to read this and look at scripture, its right in front of your face in BLACK and WHITE no shades of gray. God bless. And there will be people who have got divorced who will argue with this but I am coming from scripture not mine or someone else’s theology.
If after all these scriptures your wife is still thinking of divorce and still stands on the anglican theology translation it says that you cant re marry so you've lost either way unless you do as Jesus says.

2012/12/19 7:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: This is your answer

Powerful testimony, Nick.

Thanks for sharing.

2012/12/19 7:41Profile
NickRobinson

Liverpool/UK

Re:

I know, with God everything is possible if we believe his word and trust (have faith, same thing) Him. I now know why in the book of revelation all the 24 elders bow down and give their crowns to the Lord, the crowns He gave them. It’s because they all know that it was through Him and by Him that they got them in the first place so they really belong to Him. Ha.

2012/12/19 8:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy