SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Afraid to call Roman Catholicism Heresy? (moderators please read/respond)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

by PaulWest on 2012/11/13 4:39:46

I don't think any of us will disagree with you on your stance against the church of Rome. It is certainly an apostate religious structure. But we choose to not fixate on Rome here, or the church of LDS, or the Watchtower, or any other false structure. Our object of desire on SermonIndex is focused on Jesus Christ, and Him alone.

There is a tendency to become over-zealous in our quest to stomp out anything we feel doesn't measure up to true evangelical Christianity. There is definitely a place in ministry to rebuke, correct, reprove, but these forums are not the place to indulge in such. Moderators are here to make sure we don't go too far to the left or right, but stay focused in Christ. When we feel something is going out of kilter we try to step in and regain balance.

The accusations against the RCC may be legit, but the spirit we do it in often is not. There is a very fine line. The folks that rejected Christ certainly deserved fire to come down from heaven and destroy them, but Jesus said "No." The disciples who indicted the villages were instead rebuked by the Lord.

My advice is, on SI, leave the apostate religious structures alone. Concentrate all your energy instead on exalting Jesus and bringing others to see His glorious light. By doing this you will do more damage to Satan's kingdoms of darkness than you can ever imagine. Light banishes darkness with instantaeous effect. Penning "exposure" articles about the RCC is like killing the Egyptians, one by one, but exalting Jesus Christ opens the entire sea and drowns the multitude. Seek to project Christ and His light will expose all corruption.

Brother Paul

Wanted to say thank you for this post. It has taken me a long time to realize that coming against a false religion like the RCC does little to draw other to CHRIST. Of course I believe we must stand on truth and not back away from sharing that truth but with my own mother I have learned that sharing JESUS with her, just talking with her, and pointing her focus to CHRIST alone does so much more then always attacking the RCC. It is important to remember that while the RCC is a lost pagan religion those who are inside this church are just as lost as we all once were and in need of our prayers.

Thank you again
God Bless
maryjane

2012/11/13 11:35Profile

Re:

Also, I fail to see scriptural support which says "Expose the deeds of darkness" or to not give place to false teaching/teachers ("don't let them in your house or you give place for them sharing in their wickedness") one or two times, but after that to refuse to address it.
How many times are we to forgive? 7x70 (infinitely as needed). How many times are we to preach, rebuke, warn, correct, encourage, exhort, etc? Just as many as its needed. And now more than ever it seems to be needed. Repeated instances of "evangelical church leaders/ministers/members/teachers" converting to Catholicism like I've not seen since my conversion? Ignore this, minimize it, or state it as unimportantly not part of our main purpose is to neglect the under-shepardong work God has given. It's like letting your small children "play in traffic" & saying its because we've already told them before, we don't want conflict, or our main purpose as parents is to just encourage them and point them to Christ. Meanwhile they suffer danger and can die at our avoidance of dealing with it. Grave error

2012/11/13 11:36
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Friend, what we've layed out are the forum guidelines and we respectfully ask you and everyone else using this forum to abide by them. We do not ask this to lord it over you. This forum is simply not the place for exposure ministries. There are already 10,000 RCC threads delineating the evil history and unscriptural practices of that system. If we allow one thread to continue, others will soon spring up and the forum will be full of rebuking and judgment and watchdogging. We do not want this to happen.

If you are bent on exposing the RCC, consider starting a blog for that purpose. But please do not use SI as a platform to expose or condemn. This is Greg's wishes and we agree and support him.

Thank you for your consideration.

Brother Paul

2012/11/13 11:41Profile

Re:

MaryJane,
I'm not talking about SPENDING ALL MY TIME ATTACKING RCC (or any/all Other errors). I'm talking about avoiding the subjects and quashing them when they come up. Go back and Reread my posts. We can all go by what "we feel", but there are MANY scriptures (NT no less) that implore us to expose false doctrine/teaching/heresy. This isn't some Calvinism/Armenianism issue which believers may disagree on either. This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ or Another Gospel/Another Jesus. If we can't allow for that discussion, what are we doing here exactly?

2012/11/13 11:43

Re:

Brother,
Lord bless you and your heart. I'm not bent on exposing. Apparently now SI is bent on avoiding exposure according to the scriptures. Thus why I asked you to pray before responding to what I'm saying in haste. It's Greg's website and you are all supporting this blanket policy without taking time to pray about it, & bringing error to light is no longer allowed freely apparently. After this thread's discussion is complete, I will need to pray about being involved here ever again. I say that with a broken heart, not a hasty one. I will list all the scriptures SI is choosing to intentionally ignore/disobey in order to keep this policy intact. I want to weep because I know you brothers know God's Word........

2012/11/13 11:48
MaryJane

Re:

by jeffmar on 2012/11/13 5:36:04

Also, I fail to see scriptural support which says "Expose the deeds of darkness" or to not give place to false teaching/teachers ("don't let them in your house or you give place for them sharing in their wickedness") one or two times, but after that to refuse to address it.
How many times are we to forgive? 7x70 (infinitely as needed). How many times are we to preach, rebuke, warn, correct, encourage, exhort, etc? Just as many as its needed. And now more than ever it seems to be needed. Repeated instances of "evangelical church leaders/ministers/members/teachers" converting to Catholicism like I've not seen since my conversion? Ignore this, minimize it, or state it as unimportantly not part of our main purpose is to neglect the under-shepardong work God has given. It's like letting your small children "play in traffic" & saying its because we've already told them before, we don't want conflict, or our main purpose as parents is to just encourage them and point them to Christ. Meanwhile they suffer danger and can die at our avoidance of dealing with it. Grave error

Greetings Jeff

Here is one of the problems I see happening though. Yes we do not want to sugar coat the subject at all or pretend that the RCC is a christian church but if my mother were to come to this site and see nothing but thread after thread attacking the RCC she would leave and never look back. Yes we have to share truth but it must be done in love and sadly many times that is not the case. I want my mom to come here and be exposed to truth but if all she feels is stones hitting her as soon as the page loads then what does that do to draw her to CHRIST?? I understand what you are saying about needing to speak truth about the RCC but how it is done and by whom can make a huge difference. I don't have the answer to this issue but I do think the moderators are trying to balance this topic in CHRIST so as not to water down the truth but at the same time not chase away seeking RC who might be looking for answers....

Just my thoughts
God bless
mj

2012/11/13 11:49Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Brother,
Lord bless you and your heart. I'm not bent on exposing. Apparently now SI is bent on avoiding exposure according to the scriptures. Thus why I asked you to pray before responding to what I'm saying in haste. It's Greg's website and you are all supporting this blanket policy without taking time to pray about it, & bringing error to light is no longer allowed freely apparently. After this thread's discussion is complete, I will need to pray about being involved here ever again. I say that with a broken heart, not a hasty one. I will list all the scriptures SI is choosing to intentionally ignore/disobey in order to keep this policy intact. I want to weep because I know you brothers know God's Word........

Dear brother, these forums are replete with discussions about this subject and many others like it. YOu will probably find all of our names participating at some level or another. So there is no avoidance on our part. Doing a search on google would prove this fact. Sermonindex always ranks high in web searches, so the information is available.

All we are saying is that it is simply not the focus of this site to herald the information. It doesn't have to be continually on the front page in order to prove how we come down on these great issues. There are other sites that do this and do it effectively. We are here to promote the knowledge of historic revival. That is our niche. We welcome conversations related to these lines and we want folks to participate in the forums with this focus in mind. Blessings.

2012/11/13 12:05Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Brother, we are not blanket supporting a policy, but this is something we've all prayed about and unanimously agree upon. Politics is another issue we've come to agree upon. There is a very good reason we confront these issues and bring them before the Lord for guidance. It is presumptuous on your part to say we mindlessly support Greg's agendas. Corporate prayer goes into these decisions.

2012/11/13 12:06Profile

Re: Afraid to call Roman Catholicism Heresy? (moderators please read/respond)

As it has been stated many people believe that the Church of Thyatira in Revelations is the RCC system. I am one of those people. I also believe that The Mother of Harlots in Revelations is also one and the same as the RCC system. It follows that in this understanding, which has been written about extensively throughout the last 150 years since the connection was drawn, it becomes necessary to come to a balanced view of how to speak about and minister to Roman Catholics to see if any particular individual we may happen to know is in fact a true believer. Whether we like it or not every thread of the gospel of grace is present in the RCC catechism to be discovered and believed in. This is despite the fact that every kind of lie and blasphemy can also be found. A simple and open-minded reading of the two passages of Scripture referred to above should cause anyone with a desire to see Roman Catholics saves, to comprehend that they are saved in the same way we are all saved. By believing in Christ death and resurrection. Whatever men [or Satan] have added to this does not detract from the substance of hope that countless millions hold onto because of this centrality of truth.

This is not the day of Henry VIII or Martin Luther this is the day of today. I have personally no illusions as to the realities of Roman Catholic Church history or the offensiveness of idolatry or blasphemous masses and holy relics, or any of the other things that make Rome what it is. Yet having prayed and fasted for the RCC men and women I have for many years been convicted that God has more concern for them than we have and He has His answer for this system as well. If the Bishop of Rome asked me to give him a bed and sustenance I would not hesitate. Neither would I deny him the title of bishop. This is because if I did anything other than this I would have caused the Name of Christ to become a lie. I realize that things are not perceived as simple as this and that there is wickedness at the heart of the RCC system, but it is a wickedness that Christ Himself is fully aware of and He is raising up men and women to minister into that place for His own Names sake. In that I have every confidence and assurance. Let it be according to your will oh Lord and for your names sake. Amen.

2012/11/13 12:10

Re:

I understand what you're saying, but disagree with "seeker sensitive" "felt-needs" evangelism. Not because I'm unloving, but because Jesus did. Was it unloving of Christ to touch on the idols of the Rich Young Ruler's heart and that he should walk away? Jesus wept over it in compassion, but still didnt skirt the issue and avoid the idolatry in his heart.
Besides that, even worse would be your mother coming to SI, see these issues avoided and ignored, & get the idea that her RCC was Ok, like just another denominational choice within the IC (like MANY now believe wrongly) & be deceived and go to hell. And then, one day, at the Great White Throne Judgement, scream, cry, weep, & wail and ask "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THE TRUTH THAT COULDA SET ME FREE?!!!"
God is Soveriegn over salvation. You/I are not. Therefore our job under scripture is to be loving & compassionate, but faithful. Evangelism should start with a desire to do the Will of the Father FIRST. Then our compassion for people is clean. Otherwise, our emotions for people are stronger than our desire to serve/please the Father (like Jesus). Felt-needs evangelism and seeker sensitive mentality has the Gospel/evangelism upside down. Jesus came to save us cause He had his heart set on doing the will of the Father First and Foremost. Did he love and have compassion for us? Yes! But his FIRST AND DRIVING MOTIVATION WAS TO PLEASE HIS FATHER & DO HIS WILL FAITHFULLY! God is Soveriegn in salvation, not man, his methods, his emotions, his fears of how God's truth comes across, etc.
Proverbs 3:5
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not to your own understanding.

2012/11/13 12:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy