SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : My spirit shall not always strive with man

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re: Croref

Hi Croref

RE: ///Croref wrote by brothagary on 2012/11/9 3:10:43

thats the problem all deeds done by the self are inhertly selfish

unregernerent men does good so others might think he is good
he does good so he might gain friends
he does good so others will do good back to him
he does good becasue others do good to him

Do you believe that was what Joseph was all about __ Abel, Abraham, Moses, David, Ruth? Shall I go on? ///

and the good Samaritan. Some thoughts that need to be thought about is why did the unregenerate Samaritan have compassion on a Jew ,when at the same time the religious priest and Levite had hearts of stone for their own.

their is no evidence that the good Samaritan did anything out of a self or being inhertly selfish

2012/11/9 7:28Profile
brothagary

Re:

well i dont see in scripture any evedence that jesus made it possable through his death to cause regeneration ,,,,,making that statment brother would also require you to show evedence ,accoring to your own demands on me

i would agree maby with a baptism of his spirit was relient on his death and resarection

but as i said even if they were not born again accoring to the new covernt econemey

but no i dont believe gods spirit moveed upon the righeous

i think first he moved upon the sinner ,and made him righeoues through faith as paul said about abrhams imputation of righeouusness ,,and then moved upon and in ,due to the fact that old testament says the words filled with the spirit

the bible doesnt say that david was unregenerent nor abraham ,,,that would be your interprtation sir

but it doesnt realy bother me weather a person believes this or that

but i think it can led to thinking to highly of our selfs ,and bosting against the branches so to speak

blessings

proudpapa

Hi Croref

Do you believe that was what Joseph was all about __ Abel, Abraham, Moses, David, Ruth? Shall I go on? ///

and the good Samaritan. Some thoughts that need to be thought about is why did the unregenerate Samaritan have compassion on a Jew ,when at the same time the religious priest and Levite had hearts of stone for their own.

their is no evidence that the good Samaritan did anything out of a self or being inhertly selfish

proudpapa

Hi Croref

brothagary

Re:

well i dont see in scripture any evedence that jesus made it possable through his death to cause regeneration ,,,,,making that statment brother would also require you to show evedence ,accoring to your own demands on me

i would agree maby with a baptism of his spirit was relient on his death and resarection

but as i said even if they were not born again accoring to the new covernt econemey

but no i dont believe gods spirit moveed upon the righeous

i think first he moved upon the sinner ,and made him righeoues through faith as paul said about abrhams imputation of righeouusness ,,and then moved upon and in ,due to the fact that old testament says the words filled with the spirit

the bible doesnt say that david was unregenerent nor abraham ,,,that would be your interprtation sir

but it doesnt realy bother me weather a person believes this or that

but i think it can led to thinking to highly of our selfs ,and boasting against the branches so to speak

blessings

proudpapa

Hi Croref

brothagary

Re:

hi proud pappa ,that wasnt a literal account of anything that happened ,,it was a parable ,to explain a deeper truth ,, i soupose one can make asumptions abouts a parable and try to use it to suport preconceved notions about doctrines we hold ,,,,but dont you think we would be beter off gleainng from doctrine that is taught in scripture it self ,,

in contrass and in full bibilical contex ,there is also no direct evedence that the good samaritan did not do a good deed out of the flesh and self ,or weather or not jesus was desribing through forknowlage a bornagain samamaritan

we would be only asuming

blessings

2012/11/9 7:40Profile
Croref

Re:

by RobertW on 2012/11/9 4:18:46

Hi CroRef,

Quote:
I ask, where is the issue of original sin seen in this passage, that God addresses, waiting to rear itself that God could invite Cain to challenge it__and be victorious! KEEP IN MIND__no assist here, no special grace in this, no any indwelling of the Holy Spirit. It was Cain alone against__what?____And it remains the same today.

I typically use Cain as an illustration of how quickly the congenital sin made itself known in the human race. John, who gave us our Lord's words that we must be born again, explains the issue from the example of Cain:

Dear Robert, You are wording me to death without addressing the issue of God NOT giving "unregenerate" Cain something he could not perform. This, in the OT, is not about salvation but finding favor with God. If it was not within man's power to perform righteously then God would not have required it. He was a respecter of persons in that regard. He simply exhorted Cain to do good with a caution. We can extend this instruction right up to Duet.6:4__and beyond, if you like.

Lets make no mistake that when we stand before the Lord in that day, He will look at our righteousness or lack of it__not that of Jesus who "gifted" His Life that we might be rectified by the purposed relationship in Him by which we would attain unto perfection in Father. [no sinless perfection here]

2012/11/9 7:41Profile
proudpapa

Re:

the computed acted up, why some many same post

2012/11/9 7:41Profile
brothagary

Re:

brothers i hope im not disrupting your thread ,,i feel i dont want to disrupt a good conversation that yous were having with robert ,,,,forgive me if i have ,,and please carrie on with out me disrupting you

2012/11/9 7:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy