SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : My spirit shall not always strive with man

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
Croref

Re:

by murrcolr on 2012/11/15 10:08:52

Quote:
Who put it in Abel's heart to kill a spotless lamb and with its shed blood, the offering would have respect with God.

Maybe he saw Adam do it

Quote: In this is Abel seen of God to be like Himself Who would eventually give His best__all that he had to give and give it in the same "loving" way, i.e., there was nothing else of Abel to give.

Quote:
What???

Seems you wish to make a point?

Quote:
Heb 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Ahhhhh By Faith

Yes. And?

2012/11/16 6:04Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """Maybe he saw Adam do it"""

Being probably only 3rd from Adam speaking directly to God, I would say that is a really good assumption.

So then asking, where did Adam get the information, that a slain lamb, would be respected by God? This information did not just appear out of the blue. I see, just like now, the heavenly message is given by God, through revelation, and the faith to believe what God says, it is true, Paul says.

Colossians 1:25-29 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

"God would make known"

In Christ: Phillip

2012/11/16 12:10Profile
Croref

Re:

by Christinyou on 2012/11/16 9:10:05

Quote: """Maybe he saw Adam do it"""

Being probably only 3rd from Adam speaking directly to God, I would say that is a really good assumption.{/quote]

Interesting. Do you also believe Adam taught him faith __and love?

If raising sheep was Abel's only vocation, the only thing he had that could speak of his love and faith was his best lambs and I believe he picked the fairest of them all. I don't believe that doing so from obedience alone would have evoked from God His "regard" that is recorded for our benefit. Though I could be wrong and your point is the point but, given Cain's offering, his vocation was raising crops. That is all he had to offer. Could it be it was his offering from a lack of love and unwillingness to retain God in his thinking?

2012/11/16 14:03Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """Do you also believe Adam taught him faith __and love?"""

What faith and what love are we speaking of? Agape love can only come from God, not man. The faith of Jesus Christ given to believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, must come from the Father through Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit.

If Cain had love and faith of Jesus Christ why would his face drop and he be upset because God did not respect his offering? Would Cain not heed God's rebuke and repent and ask his brother Abel for a lamb for his next offering? This is not seen, only the evil in Cain's heart and the murder of his brother over jealousy.

I see God only in this reference when it comes to the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. The plan and mind of God is in this pointing to the Lamb slain, that after the Cross we might see that God intended to save all that He would give to the real Lamb Slain at the Cross. Blessing Jesus Christ the Lamb above all else, giving Him the Body of Christ His Church, of which He is the ultimate Head. The One and only by which we might be saved.

In Christ: Phillip

2012/11/17 13:19Profile
Croref

Re:

by Christinyou on 2012/11/17 10:19:20

Quote: """Do you also believe Adam taught him faith __and love?"""

What faith and what love are we speaking of? Agape love can only come from God, not man. The faith of Jesus Christ given to believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, must come from the Father through Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit.

If Cain had love and faith of Jesus Christ why would his face drop and he be upset because God did not respect his offering? Would Cain not heed God's rebuke and repent and ask his brother Abel for a lamb for his next offering? This is not seen, only the evil in Cain's heart and the murder of his brother over jealousy.

And if the seed of Abraham were "given" faith to believe, why did God want to destroy them all and start over with Moses?

2012/11/17 15:08Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """And if the seed of Abraham were "given" faith to believe, why did God want to destroy them all and start over with Moses?"""

I don't understand the question.

2012/11/18 2:12Profile
Croref

Re:

by Christinyou on 2012/11/17 23:12:53

Quote: """And if the seed of Abraham were "given" faith to believe, why did God want to destroy them all and start over with Moses?"""

Sure you do. They all were believers.

2012/11/18 6:06Profile
Croref

Re:

Sure you do. They all were believers__or maybe God gave only few of them faith?

2012/11/18 6:07Profile
Croref

Re:

Sure you do. They all were believers__or maybe God gave only few of them faith? Lets see__
They all put blood over their lintels and posts, by His Hand were released from Egypt. They saw God's mighty works-miracles__ I wonder what happened that they should lose confidence or did they lose it at all but really wanted God but only on their terms? Maybe they wanted to use God for their purposes or thought they deserved better treatment after being shut up by Him for so many years? Suffice to say, they believed in God.

2012/11/18 6:16Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """Sure you do. They all were believers__or maybe God gave only few of them faith? Lets see__
They all put blood over their lintels and posts, by His Hand were released from Egypt. They saw God's mighty works-miracles__ I wonder what happened that they should lose confidence or did they lose it at all but really wanted God but only on their terms? Maybe they wanted to use God for their purposes or thought they deserved better treatment after being shut up by Him for so many years? Suffice to say, they believed in God."""

So now, what does this have to do with us who believe in a mystery, hidden from even those old testament saints including the devil, whom did not know what the Cross would do for those chosen in Christ by the Father. Satan thought he had won when Jesus was crucified.

Colossians 1:21-28 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

How are we made perfect? Not by old testament standards, but by the mystery revealed; Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

It is us, "us striving according to His working, which worketh in me mightily."

Are we presented perfect in Christ? By my works or His?

My works are filthy in the sight of God unless it is according to His working in me mightily.

IN Jesus Christ the mystery revealed; "Christ in you, the hope of Glory".

Now, what are we to do?

"Strive according to His working in us" According to Paul's Gospel, "My Gospel"; Christ in us:

In Him, us in each other by His love that we love one another as He loves us: Phillip

2012/11/19 13:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy