SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is the principle of tithing a bondage under the law?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Tina I implore please, please, please read and pray through 2 Corithians 8 and 9. This is the clearest teaching Gof gives through the Apostle Paul on New Testament giving. It is called 'tbe grace of giving'.

Dear sister you are going to get several opinions in this forum. Some will be good. But go to your New Testament. You have his Spirit. Let Jesus instruct you. For his view is much better than what can be offered in this forum.

Bearmaster.

2012/11/5 7:52
Croref

Re:

by jimp on 2012/11/5 0:42:14

hi, thank you etuna for such a beatiful post. it is all about love.a preacher once told me he could tell who or what my God was if he could look at my check book.at one time as a christian i was spending more money on golf than God.it is all about love. one of the greatest services i was ever in was when i was in bible col.it was a missions conference and the Holy Spirit fell heavily at the time of the offering which lasted 6 hilarious hours. people gave cars and boats and golf clubs and mink coats and jewelry and even shotguns. there was dancing and a celebration i will never forget. there was no begging ;just giving.in a poor city at a bible col.church.jimp

Hi jimp! That sounds exciting! Can you share with us the name of that college??

2012/11/5 8:17Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i am so old and that was long ago.liberty bible col. pensacola fl.in the 1970s.jimp

2012/11/5 8:29Profile
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Re: Is the principle of tithing a bondage under the law?

Hi dear sister. As brother Blaine has encouraged you to read 2 Corinthians 8 & 9 I would also like to encourage you in that as well. Those two chapters are probably the most candid chapters in the new testament on "giving" and not only provide spirit led instruction and principle but truly open up the heart of God to us in it all: The riches of Jesus Christ.

Hope you are blessed sister by reading through those passages.

Also, there is a bit more on this subject in a prior thread below:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=46491&forum=48&11

Blessings on you sister for your question and sincerity!

Together in His Name.

2012/11/5 11:35Profile

Re:

Indeed brother. Great insight from those passages. Just listened to then tbis morning. Oh thanks be to Gof for his indescribke gift. .That being Jesus himself. For surely he who did nit spare his own beloved Son. How will he not, along with Him give ys all things. Actually, graciously give us all things.

For sure the standard of giving is God himself who gives us all things. So let our hearts be as generous as our heavenly Father who is ever so rich to give us all things

Bearmaster.

2012/11/5 12:28
Croref

Re:

by jimp on 2012/11/5 5:29:58

hi, i am so old and that was long ago.liberty bible col. pensacola fl.in the 1970s.jimp

Easy with that being "old" stuff, jimp.... )) Thanks!

Now, May I suggest that Liberty, being a baptist college is less inclined to move in the "Pentecostal" Spirit of ministry as a Pentecostal college would.__I have often said that they left Jerusalem too soon.

Having said that, I invite you to read some of the accounts by those who witnessed the manifestation [moving upon] of the Holy Spirit in lands devoid of missionary influence of any kind until visited by those who were endued with power of the Holy Spirit.

I highly recommend the book "Bruchko", a book written by Bruce Olsen, a non credited Lutheran kid of 19 with a very strong call of God on his life and who, being refused by both the Lutheran and baptist foreign missions council's, set out on his own to find the Montalone Indians in S.A. It is quite a read that will revolutionize your thinking about who can be saved and what the baptism of the Holy Ghost is all about. Google the title to read more.

2012/11/5 12:37Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, liberty was not baptist,tho it stemmed from a baptist pastor who was full of the Holy Ghost...ken sumrall. it was independant.jimp

2012/11/5 13:23Profile
Croref

Re:

I know of Ken. Ken was a Bapti-Costal along with Charles Simpson who came quickly to mind in replying to you, but they were then__not now. I might suggest you read C. Simpson's testimony as a good read.

2012/11/5 13:45Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i knew charles as i went into the (cult)discipleship movement under him. i took umbrage against him and a year after i left the movement i ran into him in orlando and told him i was still angry with him and he told me that he had repented and asked for my forgiveness. i learned a great lesson about talking badly and holding angry feelings over someone who had repented over what caused my anger.jimp

2012/11/5 15:25Profile
Croref

Re:

by jimp on 2012/11/5 12:25:04

hi, i knew charles as i went into the . . . . ."

Seems like we have a bit in common, eh?

Were you also familiar with Bob Mumford?

2012/11/5 15:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy