SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Charlie Daniels - Country "star" pleading with America to return to its roots in Christianity.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Everyone on both sides should probably calm down a little.

I have heard Charlie Daniels music as a child growing up. He was not Christian growing up except in the American form of the word where we say we believe in God ("& country") in a religious sense, attend church meetings on Sunday, and it has little effect on our lives otherwise.

However, this article he wrote seems to indicate that maybe he has a testimony now, has been truly converted, and is born again. I would personally look to find out his testimony and see what he (& others who know him personally maybe) say about God's salvational work in his life recently.

Everything he seemed to say in the article sounded right on to me, but I had no idea he had been converted either (I don't watch TV, listen to secular radio, etc.).

I am one who thinks we should neither condemn one to the inability to repent because of how they once were, no appoint them to Christ's right hand at one mention of God or one prayer. I am always curious of a man's testimony. How was he converted? How does he live now? Etc. that's why Paul often spoke of "seeing how he lived among them" & the like, because the way a man LIVES and his testimony say much more than either what he did in the past or what he said publicly once on a National Day of Prayer (or on a forum thread :-).

My 2 cents

2012/11/19 9:42
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I guess my question might be, why does one have to be a believer for one to accept what one says if it good? Had God limited us to only accept things that come from a believer? Why do so many Christians live inside the box? If an atheist told you don't walk over that way, there is a huge drop off to the bottom of the mountain, do we just look at who told us and walk anyway? Are do we consider his information?

2012/11/19 10:36Profile
wijnand

Re:

Kripsy, of course you are forgiven... :-).

May God bless you,
Wijnand

2012/11/20 3:16Profile
Angio333

Re:

I went to a Charlie Daniels concert a few years ago. I was not a Christian at the time, but I do remember him talking a little about Jesus. He has also released a few CDs full of Christians songs and hymns. He also gives a large amount of his money to various charities.

2012/11/29 10:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy