SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : NASB not a good translation for the conscientious objector.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

After reading through your post, I think I'll just leave it at this;

I'm glad you have the confidence and conviction to believe such as you do. It seems you've put a lot of thought into it.

Sleep well!

2012/10/28 5:07
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I'm a die hard NASB supporter. Yet for a couple years now, I've been convinced that Christians are not to be violent people, and we are not to participate in war. In fact, we need to preach that because Jesus has come, people need to war no more.

2012/10/28 19:42Profile
ArtB

New York

Re:

by KingJimmy on 2012/10/28 16:42:37

"I'm a die hard NASB supporter. Yet for a couple years now, I've been convinced that Christians are not to be violent people, and we are not to participate in war. In fact, we need to preach that because Jesus has come, people need to war no more."

King Jimmy, I'm curious what you would do if you walked quietly up from the cellar with a big wrench in your hands and you find a bad man with a gun who just shot one of your kids and about to shoot another famly member, would you have a problem with taking a quick big swing at the gunmans' head with that wrench, and killing him

When evil triumphs and rise to power, many decent people and their families suffer greatly. That is what fighting a just war is all about, to contain evil.

God had no problem with this. Saul killed his thousands, David did even better - David killed his ten thousands, Joshua killed every man, woman, and child as Israel took pver the pagan cities living in the promise Land. Samson killed a large number of people with the Jaw of a Donkey. Before he died in the Philistines uge 'house' they used for entertainment, upom which Samson requested of God to give the return of his strength so he could knock down the Pillars supporting the Pagan temple so He could kill the people that came to see Samson, God granted Samsons' request, and Samson knocked down the two pillars supporting the building filled with Philistines they were in, bringing the house down - "So the dead whom he killed at his death were more than those whom he killed in his life."

I sincerely personally hope I would never have to kill or maim anyone, but if it saves my son, or my daughter, or my wife, or my neighbor, I hope I would maim the evil-doer, or if neccessary, to kill the bad guy. I hope I never have to make that choice.

It is good that we know that no one really dies at death. Our body dies, but we are not our body, we are spirits, and our spirit lives and goes where-ever Gods wills us to go.

Revelation 20:4 Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I SAW THE SOULS OF THOSE WHO HAD BEEN BEHEADED BECAUSE OF THEIR TESTIMONY OF JESUS AND BECAUSE OF OF THE WORD OF GOD, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

This is just my two cents. And I realize you wrote what you wrote with a good intent and a good heart.

2012/10/28 20:53Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Art

I appreciate the moral conundrum your question raises. I've often thought of such scenarios, and perhaps worse. But I still take the position I do. Jesus Christ has come, and He has established a kingdom that knows peace without limit. It is a kingdom where men beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. It is a kingdom where we are taught to war no more.

Even if there are justified reasons to wage war, those reasons are no longer good enough. The kingdom of God has come. The world is no longer as it once was. The cosmos were fundamentally changed when Jesus Christ entered this world, died on a cross, was raised from the dead, and ascended into heaven. In the old age, men had to wage war because death conquered all men. In the new age, men no longer have to wage war because death has been defeated by means of the risen Lord.

This answer my not satisfy your question in the way you wish. But I fear you are asking the wrong questions.

Jimmy

2012/10/28 22:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy