SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can we obey God or not??????????

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

picky400 wrote:
I feel that many of the people in this forum adhere to the Law as their means of justification and not Christ. Therefore, Pharisees.

I disagree, they really want to please God, and are pushing in the best way they know how.

2005/3/12 5:11Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

You are Jesus!

Quote:

picky400 wrote:
This is referring to those who came to hear him preach all day long. The Pharisees had a much different opinion of him.

But Picky I'm listening to you,your words, and intent and they are falling short of both those categories of scripture that I quoted. Now that I have stated that I have a problem with your speech have I been downgraded to a Pharisee? :-P

2005/3/12 5:37Profile

Re: You are Jesus!

Zeke,

You need to read my posts with a little more attention. I don't think you're understanding me at all. I am not lumping you in with the "Many" that I referred to as being Pharisaical. I said it before and I'll say it again: I know that you understand the Gospel. I've seen many of your posts and theological statements and they line up with scriptures beautifully. So, please, I know that you "get it".

You cannot deny though that there are those here that adhere far too much to the Law of Moses as a means of gaining blessing, salvation, and favor from the Lord. This is simply not scriptural. This is also what the Pharisees believed. The Law was NEVER meant to be a "conduit" for receiving anything from the Lord. It was put in place to "frustrate" man and point him to our Savior.

Again, I KNOW YOU UNDERSTAND THIS!!! I'm actually just conversing with you about it. Relax dude.

Picky400

2005/3/12 15:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy