SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Rocker forsakes band to follow Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Here is an article and here is a website that you can listen to his testimony [url=http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/news/050309c.asp]http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/news/050309c.asp[/url]

Ex-Korn Guitarist Finally at Peace
By Chris Mitchell
Middle East Bureau Chief

CBN.com – ISRAEL - The lead guitarist for the heavy metal group Korn recently shocked the music world when he announced that he was leaving the band.

Brian Welch had become a born-again Christian. He followed his announcement with a trip to Israel, where he was baptized in the Jordan River.

Welch came to the banks of the Jordan River to be baptized along with members of the Valley Bible Fellowship churches. It marked the end of one life and the beginning of another.

Pastor Ron Vietti said, "We're telling everybody that we've chosen to die with Christ. What we're doing is we're burying you. And you're dead. When you come up, [you will be] a new person like Jesus was a new person, when He was resurrected from the dead."

Welch's announcement that he became a follower of Jesus Christ rocked the heavy metal music world. Korn is one of the most popular heavy metal groups in music today. It has earned multiple platinum albums and has loyal fans around the world. But Welch says his journey from a rock star lifestyle to his new life is incomparable.

Welch said, "I've done hard drugs, I've done soft drugs. I've seen everything. I've done what teenagers dream about, especially guys. I've seen all that, and no drug or nothing compares with walking with the Lord."

Welch's visit attracted attention from press around the world, and a curious question from CNN about baptism.

CNN asked Welch, "Do you really think your whole being is going to be changed in just in a few minutes?"

Welch replied, "Yep. It's going to be changed. It's going to be changed." Watch. Interview me afterwards. You'll see. You'll see peace. I believe that."

After Welch was baptized, he told CNN, "I told you right before. Remember? I told you I was angry. I'm not angry anymore. I just want to serve God, and do what He wants me to do, and that's to teach people that this is real. I just want to see kids, whatever, come to the Lord."

Welch says God delivered him from both an addiction to methamphetamine and an empty lifestyle, a story that reminds some of the time Jesus said, he who is forgiven much, loves much.

Welch commented, "I came to Him and I seeked (sic) Him with everything I had. Everything I had. Because nothing else worked in the world. No money. I have all kinds of money, and nothing worked. And that's why this is so important to me, because He came through 100 percent."

Pastor Vietti has been a pastor for 30 years, and says Welch's faith is genuine. He remarked, "This kid's the real deal. I think if I've ever seen one, he's the real deal. He's got such childlike faith."

Vietti says Welch's testimony has already had an impact. Vietti interviewed Welch recently at Valley Bible Fellowship in Bakersfield, California. The interview, which can be seen on the church's Web site, reached a lot of people with the Gospel.

Vietti said, "We interviewed him during the service. The word got out. MTV was at church. I love it when MTV comes to church. MTV and CNN. We've been contacted, and we had about 250 people saved last Sunday. And a lot of them had Korn shirts on. Some of them drove 33 hours from Indiana. Some came from Florida. Between a half a million and a million hits on our Internet in two to three days. So it's had a bigger impact that I thought it would have."

Vietti knows the pitfalls for celebrities accepting Jesus Christ, but he hopes Christians around the world will pray for Welch. He also believes godly discipleship will be vital.

"I think it's my duty to latch onto Brian and stay close to him, and it isn't hard to do because he wants to stay close to me, and he calls me several times a day. So, I think discipleship is going to be key."

Welch has already begun writing music about his new found relationship with Jesus Christ.

Pastor Vietti believes Welch has a great potential to reach millions of young people with the Gospel.

2005/3/10 14:23Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

he has his own website now [url=http://www.headtochrist.com/index.html]http://www.headtochrist.com/index.html[/url]

edit: sorry i didnt mean to be repitious. i just seen that someone already posted it

2005/3/13 16:05Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Hey guys, I think everyone should go listen to his [url=http://www.vbf.org/videos/brian.html]testimony[/url]. Dont focus on the theological statements or something that you might not agree with. Focus on the simple things. This guy doesnt know his Bible from anything. But he knows this :God changed his life. How many of you are that simple? I remember when I first was born again. I remember going to see some friends and then they asked me how i knew that Jesus was real. They questioned how i know i was right and thought the muslims, hindus, jews, and everyone else was wrong. All i knew was that He was real and died for me. Thats all I could tell them. Now look at us. We fight over theological issues. We strive for wisdom and knowledge but not obeidence. Have we left our first love? Please respond to this if you read this. If this thread just gets forgotten about I think i may start a new one. I really want everyone to listen to this and think about it "Have we left our first love?"

2005/3/13 16:46Profile
MarkDaniel

Midwest, USA

Re:

Quote:
Dont focus on the theological statements or something that you might not agree with. Focus on the simple things. This guy doesnt know his Bible from anything. But he knows this :God changed his life.

Amen, just like most of the first disciples of the early Church weren't well-versed in any scripture or theology either :) But they were being saved by the thousands!

2005/3/14 16:11Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: New Brother

Thanks for bringing this up brother.

"The book of life" :-D

Have listened to the audio a couple of times. Feel a certain kinship coming out of the same arena, even that same drug. But more so just to hear the simplicity...

Haven't seen the video yet....yet!

You've got some good points brother, definetly keeping him in prayer. There will be hard work ahead.

2005/3/14 22:41Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Jesus heard the cry of this desperate soul.
I just read this:

"jesus is god. jesus is so real and anyone that doesn't believe that he is, should really find out on there own for sure before they just assume that he isn't. he will reveal himself to anyone that seeks him. before i found out he was real i thought god was a man made word to try and get people to be goody goodies. but after experiencing nothing but depression after 34 years of receiving everything that "the world" had to offer such as fame, endless amounts of money, women, drugs, cars, first class plane seats, people cleaning up after me, piles of jewelry, big houses, free beer, free clothes, ect, i had to find out for my self if he was real. i basically just said " jesus, if your real, change me because i don't like me." and he did. back in december i was snorting lines in my closet and praying at the same time. i remember holding a rolled up 100 dollar bill wiping the powder from my nose and i said "jesus......if your real please take this addiction from me. please make me want to smile again. please take these thoughts of killing myself away from me. if you are real please give my daughter at least one healthy parent. i don't want to die jesus. i don't want to wish i was dead while i live either. i hope you are real because i'm gonna end up killing myself for sure very soon if your not." i don't want to be another rock star overdose or rock star suicide. please help me. if you help me, i promise that i will live for you forever!" he answered every single word of that prayer. so i did what i said i would do. i quit my career and threw everything that i had in life up to him and said, "ok, now that I KNOW that you are real, take everything that i have on earth and give me back whatever you want me to have. also give me detailed instructions on what you want me to do for you for the remaining years of my life here on earth. i cry as i write this because i'm not exaggerating at all. i hated living and now i love my life. i don't live for me. i live for him and you. the instructions he gave me was to love the world and not to ever be afraid to claim his name. he told me that i was gonna become one of his prophetic voices. almost all of my songs are messages from god to the world. not from me to god like a lot of people are expecting. god wasn't mad at me before. he was right there feeling my pain with me and now he is feeling my joy with me. you see the strength that came inside of me that gave me the power to come out of the depression that i was in for so long was supernatural. i battled addictions to alcohol and drugs since i was a little kid. i went to rehabs and they didn't work. i spent thousands and thousands of dollars on shrinks over the years because i couldn't figure out why i wasn't happy and nothing worked. jesus is "the great physician" and he didn't charge me a dime and he's on call 24/7 365 days a year."

2005/8/18 6:46Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

This is old but I thought I would bring it back up. Check out his website again. HeadToChrist.com It is interesting to say the least! He has a forum on there. Just a warning its not edited and there is much opposition. From most of what I have read through on the forums most don't seem to be Christians.

Don't forget to pray for him. He could do a lot for the kingdom of God.

2005/10/21 9:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy