SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : All the Kings Horses

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

HI sister, yes you have my prayers sister. One of the key elements of Christianity is believing even when we see everything before us fall to pieces. Its an enormous challenge because we wilve our life now and the pain and the struggle is now and often-times it is hard to imagine even the answering of our prayers. I shared with close friends that I personally had given up on my sister in my mind, just keepin it real. This did not stop me sharing and in fact it was after a very brutal verbal encounter with my sister over the phone that she bent the knee under enormous conviction. Now, believe me, I have laid it on the line many times to my sister before. The difference this time?

I do not know, I simply do not know. It was totally between her and God. So, when my sister gave her life to Christ, and when it could be seen that it was the real thing, I sat down kinda shell shocked, all those years, all those tears. I felt like the disciples that were praying for Peter to be saved and he showed up at the door, they were so shocked they did not even let him in initially even although that is what they were praying for.

A good example for me of believing even when the evidence that you see with your eyes says the opposite is my sister. 12 Years ago, she had an anurism that hemoraged. She was in a coma and it looked certain that she was going to die ( our aunt died of that just a couple of years previously) I was in the States and my sister was in Scotland. I managed to book a flight for the next day and as I was getting my suitcase packed, I picked up my black suit. Now I knew why I was taking that, the rational side of my brain told me that I was probably going to need it. The Lord spoke to me, He said " put it back." I stood there and wept, and struggled, and wept. I finally put it back. The Lord reminded me that He had given my mother a word that all three of her children would be saved. Whose report was I going to believe?

I prayed for my sister all the way over on the plane, it was a very rough flight and it all seemed very symbolic to me. The plane dipped and fell and jerked and groaned for almost the whole seven hours and it seemed like I was in a battle in my prayers. When I arrived at the airport, I was taken straight to the hospital. Sister, as I stepped into the room, my sister sat and up said " Oh Frank, how did you get here?" And immediately there was screaming and tears from the family. Not only was she out of the coma, she could speak and think.You see, God's promise was not going to be broken, despite the grim circumstances.

Can we still believe when things are at there worse? Can we still praise Him when all around us is falling to pieces? Will we stand and fight when others run and hide? This is faith sister, this is well pleasing to God. This kind of praise releases power, He inhabits the praises of His people............ bro Frank

http://youtu.be/yjwdzKqUCoI

2012/9/13 17:11
mama27

Re:

Now THAT is an INCREDIBLE story!!! Bless you for sharing it! May it bless others as well....Yes indeed, without faith it is impossible to please Him. I have grown in being able to thank the Lord for what He is doing in our sons' lives, even though I can't see what that is. The event that started me posting here 2 years ago was that both my prodigals left our home for the first time within a month of each other. It was gut-wrenching. Our younger son returned, but with these current goings-on, maybe he will have to leave again - he is 20. I can see much change in myself over these 2 years as I possibly face the raw emotions again - for that, and for the numerous prayers of the people here, I am very grateful.

If you haven't shared the story of your sister in the testimonies section, I encourage you to do so. Wow - to think what the Lord has ahead of her in this life after a testimony like that!

2012/9/13 17:40Profile

Re:

Now with scrolling lyrics............ http://youtu.be/vB_4CAK9bb4 .......bro Frank

2012/9/16 0:55
brothagary

Re:

nicw song bro,, nice ,,i will try to put that on face book on my wifes page ,,she has many lost friends

blessings

2012/9/16 4:28Profile

Re:

Good deal brother, may their hearts be touched. The Lord said that he had come to heal the broken-hearted......bro Frank

2012/9/16 12:26
staff

Re:

Hi Frank,
Great song,loved it,great words,great music,great voice and blessed by God a winning combination.Thanks needed cheering up Staff

2012/9/16 17:12Profile

Re: All the Kings Horses

What a wonderful testimony of God's grace and mercy! What a beautiful poem and song He gave you and the singer.
Thank you for sharing. And the words minister to even long time Christians whose lives have been shattered.
L.

2012/9/16 23:51

Re:

Hi guys, thank you for the kind words about the song. It was sung at a church in Glasgow,Scotland last night and was used as the theme for the sermon. Have had tremendous feedback about people weeping as they listened to it. I pray that it ministers to Christians and non Christians everywhere........bro Frank http://youtu.be/vB_4CAK9bb4

2012/9/17 9:40
staff

Re:

Hi Frank,
I am just bumping this up again as it is really great and I hope you can work on some more poems with the help of his Spirit.If you haven't listened this you will enjoy it no end.
Really beautiful Staff

2012/9/17 18:48Profile

Re:

HI Staff, thank you for your kind words. I just published a book a couple of weeks ago with 150 poems :) https://www.createspace.com/3900708 And many of my poems can be found at my website, in fact the latest post has my latest poem :) God bless you...........bro Frank

2012/9/17 21:10

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy