SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who Have You Met?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Who Have You Met?

Has any of us had the priveledge to meet any of these great preachers? Post your encounters.

1. I had the honor of meeting Art Katz several times. On one occasion I led worship for his meeting. He is nothing less than compelling.

2. I also met Don Currin last year, and I will probably see him again in a few months.

I'll have to check the list to see if there are any more, I'll edit if there are more.

2005/2/22 15:50Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re: Who Have You Met?

I have heard Neil Rhodes preach whil I was visiting New York City and I was able to meet Carter Conlon after the service.

The college group I was with was invited up on the platform to talk to the youth pastor after the service. While we were filling into the choir seats I snuck away from the group and went up to stand behind the pulpit. It was pretty awesome. (Yeah I know it's just a platform, but it's still pretty awesome :-) )

2005/2/22 16:03Profile
dohzman

Re: While in the Pulpit

That pulpit is awesome because its on a stage and raised more than most ,originally being a theater . One day as I approached the pulpit the Holy Spirit dropped into my heart that I was about to look into the Face of God, Jesus Christ.It changed the way I look at the assembly of God's people from the pulpit.Since then all pulpits seem awesome.God Bless you brother , especially as you complete your studies and stand at pulpits across our nation, always guard your heart.

2005/2/22 18:46Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Anyone else?

2005/2/23 11:29Profile

Re:

I saw the heading "who have you met" and I feared that it might be about meeting well known preachers. I hope everyone takes this in good spirits.

I have been honored to have met some of the most well known and influential preachers of our day. But the more preachers that I meet, the more vain and empty I feel it is! Have I met well known and powerful preachers? Sure I have, but so what?? What does it matter?? The real question that we must all answer is this: Do I know God as I ought to? Do I know God as much as I can? It doesn't matter if I know kings! Do I know the King of Kings as much as I should? The greatness is not in the men, the greatest is in the God that they walk with.

I used to care so much about who I knew and used to think it was so great when I met a preacher that was well known. They are just men. But they walk with an awesome God. The same God that we can walk with.

2005/2/23 11:47
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Do I disagree? Certainly not! Is it wrong to be curious about the meetings of these powerful men of God? I'm sure meeting the Apostle Paul would have been quite a story to tell.

If you feel this thread should be ended then please close it. I see no harm in it either way.

In Christ,
-Eli

2005/2/23 11:50Profile

Re:

Yea I don't believe that it is wrong to be curious about meeting men of God. I enjoy meeting men of God and I enjoy sharing what I learned from that experience. But the more I met great men, the more empty it seems compared to meeting with God.

I was talking to a friend who used to live in Keith Greens former house. People used to come up to him and be like "Can I come and see it?" And he would respond with "You could, but have you heard his music yet?"

I just wanted to challenge us to know God as much as we can.

2005/2/23 11:55
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

I apologize if I have hindered anyone from knowing God.

2005/2/23 12:00Profile

Re:

I don't think you hindered us from knowing God. I apologize if that was the impression I was giving.

I am not against sharing stories of meeting great men. I would really love to hear what everyone has learned from meeting with Art Katz and others. I mean, I really want to know what you learned!! Please keep the stories coming.

But let's just be sure that we know God as much as we can. There is still more of God to know, so I say let's be unsatisfied until we know as much of Him as is possible.

2005/2/23 12:04
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Agreed ;-)

2005/2/23 12:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy