SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I have a question...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
stevet83

I have a question...

I heard someone teaching and they said, "The only difference between Judas and Peter is this: Peter repented."
I would like to hear some thoughts on this. Thanks

2012/9/9 20:16Profile
Jeremy221

Re: I have a question...

Welcome to SI Steve, glad to have you here.

The sovereignty of God is at the root of the answer to your question. The Word explicitly speaks of vessels of honor and vessels of dishonor as chosen and creates by God. It also speaks of the Lord granting a person repentance. Yet we are also called to repent and believe. This message from Keith Daniel is a balanced introduction to this matter. It's from last year's SI Conference.

The War With the Most Casualties: The War Between The Saints by Keith Daniel by SermonIndex.net Simulcast 2011

Topic: Conference
Description: nil

2012/9/10 0:07Profile

Both Peter and Judas repented.

The difference is one denied the Lord the other sold the Lord.

Judas was like Esau, sold his birthright for a bowl of soup. Like Esau, Judas no doubt wept over his decision even threw back the money. He saw his Apostleship as nothing and sold his right to be counted among the twelve. This was a serious offence and God who is rich in mercy may have forgiven him, the scriptures is silent, but at the same time, he had to die for his crime of killing innocent blood.

We don't know about poor old Judas whether he made it to heaven or not, one can only speculate. We may be surprised that he did.

2012/9/10 1:44
jimp

Re:

hi, Peter repented to God and Judas repented to man.jimp peter cried out to God... judas took the money to those who hired him and threw it down and committed suicide. who knows.. when Jesus brought and cooked breakfast for peter if judas had not taken his life if he also would have been forgiven. judas was the son of perdition from the forming of the earth ... i doubt it.but who am i.jimp

2012/9/10 13:01Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Hello Steve,

I believe the difference between Judas and Peter is that Judas Joined Christ only for what benefits he can get from being with a prophet. That is proven by his repeated sin of stealing from the money sack. When Jesus announced to the diciples that the son of man must suffer, Judas wanted nothing of Him.

We know that all the diciples struggeled with the suffering part including Peter . Like all of us we do not want suffering but unlike Judas when they knew there is a cross to carry or will have none of glory that follows they finally surredered their will to His.

Even Jesus in his humanity did not want the cross but He too had to surrender His will to the Father's.

It is the same with Christendom today, outwardly we may all struggle with the same sin nature but when the hour of testing comes there will be a seperation between the true and the false.

2012/9/10 13:09Profile

Re:

Quote:
I believe the difference between Judas and Peter is that Judas Joined Christ only for what benefits he can get from being with a prophet.

But Judas didn't 'join' Christ, Christ chose him.

John 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

2012/9/10 19:51
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Maybe I do not see things black and white as you do approved.
I just take God's word for what it says, the whole of it.

I see God's choosing of man and man's choosing of God both in the Bible side by side.

Let me ask you this: How do you reconcile John 6:70 with John 1: 35-42

for me, i see no contradiction, but what about you?

2012/9/10 20:15Profile

Re:

I will answer your question with scripture.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Thank you for stirring me up to look into the scriptures.

2012/9/10 20:49
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Approved, while I have the answer I do not wish to enter into a cal/arm debate. I am done with that.

I do believe that just as there is true faith, and false faith, true repentance and false repentance, there is also true coming and false coming.

The churches are filled with people who come for wrong reasons, perhapse they want their sins forgiven or whatever benefit they wish to receive. I believe Judas was such an one.

2012/9/10 22:13Profile

Re:

Quote:
Approved, while I have the answer I do not wish to enter into a cal/arm debate. I am done with that.

God for you, I hate the Cal/Arm subjects too, I have no faith in either one of them.

May your day be blessed tomorrow.

2012/9/10 22:18

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy