SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Southern Decadence - Large gay event in N.O. and ISAAC are scheduled for the same day.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Southern Decadence - Large gay event in N.O. and ISAAC are scheduled for the same

To those who dispute God using natural calamities to undermine ones security in order to force them to face up with their own mortality, what do you think God will use to bring about repentance in hearts and minds of people given to perversion?

2012/8/29 18:18Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
hi, aren't you glad that Jesus took all of the wrath for our sin on the cross athat romans 8:1says that there is therefore no judgement(krino) condemnation(krino)for those who are in Christ Jesus.jimp

I am so thankful that Jesus took the wrath for my sin. Oh, I was so deserving of that wrath, but there is now no condemnation (damnatory sentence) on me because of the blood of Jesus. I don't deserve it. It is His grace. Wow!

I would like to throw out a couple of items to consider.

In New Orleans, the sin is flaunted in the open. In my part of the country, people do these same things all the time. They just do it in their houses. The sin is not different. The manifestation of the sin in actions is no different. It is just the location of the manifestation that has changed from outdoors to indoors. Why would God judge New Orleans with a Hurricane and not judge all other places where this same sin exists? Why is New Orleans considered so much worse when the same sinfulness and the same actions of sin are being committed all over the nation / world. Is it just because they are doing these things on the street rather than in houses?

Did not Jesus bear God's wrath on the cross? Is God not now, under the new covenant, dealing with man in grace? Does God now, under the new covenant, judge man, cities, nations for individual acts of sin (homosexuality vs. lying for example)? Or is God reserving judgement until the return of Christ when He will judge the living and the dead based on how they have responded to the offering of Jesus Christ?

You see, these are some questions that I simply must deal with when I am considering whether Katrina, Isaac, the Joplin tornado, the Japanese tsunami, etc..

Homosexuality is sin. Homosexuals who do not repent of their sin, be born again, and follow Christ will go to Hell. But then again, so will any other sinner. The consequences of homosexuality on society, the body, the psyche, relationships, etc. are far, far, far greater than the consequences of many other manifestations of the sin of man, but ultimately won't the homosexual, the liar, the thief, the adulterer, etc. be judged based on what their refusal to turn to Christ and receive the offer of grace so freely given?

Just some questions to consider.

Blessings.

2012/8/29 18:24Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

twayneb ... some things to consider regarding your questions:

Why did God strike two upstanding "believers" Ananias, and Sapphira dead right in the church house? They were trying to hide sin. Remember, this is after Jesus' death, burial and ascension.

Why ... a few chapters later (12) ... did God strike Herod dead right in front of a huge crowd eaten with worms. His flagrant sin was in the open.

God did not stop performing random acts of wrath after Jesus' coming. Throughout history other similar things have happened.

By the way ... "there is now no condemnation (damnatory sentence) on me because of the blood of Jesus" only if we fulfill the rest of the verse and "walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

2012/8/29 18:42Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Random acts of wrath? :-)

I know it has become popular among some circles to claim that every natural disaster is a new instance of the judgements of God being poured out in the earth. I know of some rather recent movements that are gaining popularity in the body that focus a great deal on these events. They prophecy them, and proclaim them seemingly continually.

I find it difficult to use Ananias and Sapphira and Herod as justification for saying Katrina was the judgement of God. Yes, God did take the life of all three of these individuals. I cannot begin to say I know God's mind in these incidents. I do know Herod was a threat to the early church. Ananias and Sapphira are not called "upstanding" believers. We simply know that they took it upon themselves to lie to God and man so that man would look upon them as something that they obviously were not.

But I think we have to be careful in going beyond what is clear in the word. We have no Biblical justification, that I can see, for claiming that Katrina or Isaac were sent by God as a judgement. How do we know that these things were the judgement of God? Did He tell us? Or is it our opinion? We live in a world corrupted by sin. Weather systems that produce storms of any sort are a perversion of nature brought about as the result of the catastrophic destruction of the earth by water about 4000 years ago. Can we really say that one storm was God's judgement upon homosexuality, another upon abortion, and etc.?

I realize that we cannot base our doctrine on personal experience. It must come from the Word. When the tornado destroyed 1/3 of Joplin a year and a half ago, a local pastor said in no uncertain terms that the tornado was God's judgement on abortion. He was echoing a popular voice in the movement he sought to be a part of. Yet there were several churches where spirit-filled people were meeting that were destroyed, and there were saints who were killed. So I must ask myself the question, "Did God kill believers to make a point to unbelievers that abortion was wrong?" You see, to me it gets pretty convoluted pretty quickly.

If we are going to claim that God sent these things to judge New Orleans, what of Las Vegas? The wickedness of that place is no less is it not? Why has it not been destroyed? One might say, "because God's ways are beyond us." Yet we are so sure that we do understand God's ways when we claim that New Orleans was His judgement. That seems to me a bit inconsistent.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that I don't think it a good idea to quickly proclaim that this or that tragedy was sent by God to judge this or that sin. We do not know that. To say we do is, in my opinion, to step over a line we need not be stepping over. We might be of that opinion, but then I am of the opposite opinion, and who is right? We could argue about it all day long, but really, who is right? I say perhaps neither of us.

2012/8/29 19:43Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
AbideinHim
Mr. Bill and Skeptic,
You guys are only displaying your ignorance of both the sovereignty
and the judgement of God by the statements you have made.
Mike

So Mike, what are you showing by your personal attacks? why can't folks just post a word from God, if they have one about the storm/storms or any disaster. It's not necessary to call folks ignorant, over things that are not facts or have no proof, it's all hypothetical so for. If some want to believe all this wrath is from God, I am not going to call you names if you believe this, why can't I and skeptic get the same respect? Like my old Pastor used to say, "You ain't never been beat up until your have been beat up by a Christian". it's unbelievable now I am ignorant, because someone post their personal opinions with no proof, I sure hope and pray that you are never on a my jury if I were ever to be in a court room. Mike did you really need to resort to name calling to promote your opinion? you know normally when folks do this, their opinions are taken less seriously. I guess this is Mikes version of iron sharpens iron. :)

2012/8/29 19:49Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
bearmaster
Read Romans 1:15-31. New Orleans and the rest of the nation are already under judgement. Because we have turned away from God to worship creation. God has given us over to our base desires. Thus the rise in homosexuality. The fact this perverted sin is running rampant is indicative of God's judgement.

Bearmaster.

Bear, I can live with this, why? because your "generally" speaking about what the word does say about things to come because of the direction America and the world has taken. Bear, I have a problem with the "Pat Roberson" type off the wall responses, without any word from God. I can't even believe anyone would even blame God for something that they are not sure is from him, I mean "THEIR BLAMING GOD" this is pretty powerful. I would never even think of blaming God for anything, unless he personally told me, Bill the next hurricane that hits New Orleans will be from me. Does God still speak to us?

2012/8/29 20:03Profile

Re:

Bill best to stay within the bounds of scripture. After my Tampa thread I have reframed from any more hurricane observations.

Bearmaster.

2012/8/29 20:10
SkepticGuy

Re:

Quote:
Three hurricanes have hit the New Orleans area during Southern Decadence. You don't even have to be that spiritual to see that this is more than coincidence or chance.

i agree completely. it is not coincidence or chance that this Southern Decadence event is hit by hurricanes 3 times. they hold it during hurricane season in a city that has been hit or brushed by a hurricane 62 times in the last 140 years. it is hit by a hurricane every 2.26 years. the longest gap between hurricanes in the new orleans area was 7 years between 1936-1944. compare that to florida or the bahamas or cuba though and u realize that new orleans has faired pretty well.

so no coincidence or chance involved at all. in fact it should be expected. its like saying its a coincidence that sum1 who eats at mcdonalds everyday ends up fat.

no1 has said god doesnt speak through weather or meat out justice through storms. i think sum r saying we should not play the prophet and speak for god. and just becuz sum1 doesnt see eye to eye on sumthing does not give sum1 the right to call sum1 else ignorant. thats 1 of the things i hate about christians. lack of dialogue. just call names and right people off. why can there not be civil discourse? isnt there sumthin in the good book about drawing more flies with honey? (niv) proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

2012/8/30 8:29Profile

Re:

Skeptic I must ask you again. Do you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? Have you ever called out to him.? You have been trolling around this website presenting yourself as the skeptical observer. But one day God will call you to give an account of your sins.

Man I am dead serious when it comes to your soul. You need to call out to Jesus Christ for salvation. Read the gospel of John. Ask God to reveal to you who Jesus is. You have an NIV. Read it and see who Jesus is.

Skeptic I am serious. You can blow me off. But you cannot blow off God. Man call out to him. Call out to him to be saved by the blood of Jesus. It Isi fine to be skeptical. But please do not let that skepticism bring you to eternal destruction.

I urge you again. Please read John. Ask God to open your eyes to Jesus Christ. The scriptures say he is not far from each one of us. This Jesus who died for your sins wants a relationship with you. So I urge you to call out to him for salvation.

Bearmaster.

2012/8/30 9:38
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

“Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.”
(Galatians 1:10, NIV)

2012/8/30 9:48Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy