SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Southern Decadence - Large gay event in N.O. and ISAAC are scheduled for the same day.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Lordoitagain..
Brethren, God is about to do a work in His great mercy to show His righteous judgments upon wickedness! It is His mercy that brings judgment upon wickedness during this time on earth. When there is no mercy left, men go on undisturbed in their wickedness and are surprised with all of God's fury at the judgment day. THANK GOD for manifesting such mercy with these hurricanes.

We are all wicked, we are all sinners, no closet is totally clean, so remember this when the hurricane is knocking on your door. It's just God doing a work in His great mercy to show His righteous judgments upon wickedness!

2012/8/28 16:05Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

the only reason a big deal is being made about this tropical storm/hurricane in the media is becuz the republican national convention is happening at the same time. its a great diversion and they can run film loops of katrina over and over and keep every1s attention away from the convention. if the convention were not happening, or the democratic convention was happening we would barely be hearing about the storm becuz its barely a cat1.

2012/8/28 16:20Profile
elias7291

Los Angeles

Re:

Dont agree with everything you say SkepticGuy but i like the way you think.

Blessings and mercies to you from Lord Jesus!

2012/8/28 16:39Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

elias, how boring life would be if we all agreed on everything.

2012/8/28 16:58Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by SkepticGuy on 2012/8/28 10:20:44

the only reason a big deal is being made about this tropical storm/hurricane in the media is becuz the republican national convention is happening at the same time. its a great diversion and they can run film loops of katrina over and over and keep every1s attention away from the convention. if the convention were not happening, or the democratic convention was happening we would barely be hearing about the storm becuz its barely a cat1.

You may be right about the media and their intentions for hyping this storm.

I still think that Issac does have the potential to cause damage because of the amount of rain that is going to fall. I was shocked after Irene went through were I live last year. While my town barely had any damages the cities along the cost were heavily damaged. Vermont was hit very hard. Irene was a huge storm in size just like Issac but it was already loosing its strength when it came across the Sound in CT. and was a tropical storm when it hit Vermont. Even so 56 people died in Irene and it cost billions of dollars in damages.

All this to say that while the media does hype stuff up these storms still can produce a ton of damage and to those affected it can be devastating. I pray that won't be the case with this storm.

God bless
mj

Edit: I just wanted to say I was not trying to argue your point about the media skepticguy. I am sorry if my post came across that way. If I offended anyone please forgive me.

2012/8/28 16:58Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
MaryJane
All this to say that while the media does hype stuff up these storms still can produce a ton of damage and to those affected it can be devastating.
God bless
mj

Mary, have you been watching the weather channel any at all? They have gone into a total drama mode, I can't even watch it anymore it's got so bad. last night I really thought the two weather guys on there was going to have a stroke, trying to get the storm up to the point of a hurricane. O and the guys out in the storm on the beach standing in the storm, this is so funny, I just have to laugh.If drama sells, which it does, the weather channel should be able to pay the rest of the years bills, thanks to Isaac.

2012/8/28 17:40Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by MrBillPro on 2012/8/28 11:40:09

Quote:
MaryJane
All this to say that while the media does hype stuff up these storms still can produce a ton of damage and to those affected it can be devastating.
God bless
mj

Mary, have you been watching the weather channel any at all? They have gone into a total drama mode, I can't even watch it anymore it's got so bad. last night I really thought the two weather guys on there was going to have a stroke, trying to get the storm up to the point of a hurricane. O and the guys out in the storm on the beach standing in the storm, this is so funny, I just have to laugh.If drama sells, which it does, the weather channel should be able to pay the rest of the years bills, thanks to Isaac.

no Mr. Bill I don't really watch the weather channel. Although the few times that I have in the past I know they can really hype up storms. I realize they are probably doing that again.

I get most of my weather off of a couple of bloggers I follow. I know this storm is being hyped but I also know that there is the potential for there to be a lot of rain with this storm. I saw the effects of what rain can do to entire towns in Vermont and I just pray that those in Mississippi and Louisiana don't have to go through that. You being from Texas have probably gone through a few storms yourself so you know how quickly water levels can raise and flood areas.

Anyway just been praying that Issac saves some of its rain for the drought affected states :)

God bless
mj

2012/8/28 17:54Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I am not making light of this event at all, this is a serious event, that needs to be taken seriously. I was right in the middle of Hurricane Carla back in 1961, it hit Houston like a ton of bricks, but we never had the drama on tv, and we never saw or heard of any Pastors or anyone, blaming Carla on anything period, to everyone back then, it was just hurricane season and these events were expected. I personally think most Christians want to relate these disasters to the wrath of God, because most don't want to stand up themselves and take back our country, so they get some sort of gratification thinking it's Gods wrath. It may very well be Gods wrath, I don't know, and no one else knows, unless God has personally spoke to them, I sure am not going to relate or blame any disaster period on God, "unless" he personally told me Mr. Bill this disaster was from me. I have never and will never try and figure out God, his ways are not our ways, and his thoughts are not our thoughts.

2012/8/28 18:09Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, as i sit here and wait for the storm to hit in baton rouge i recall an incident that happened at the "gay" event 14 years ago. my wife and i got a call at 3:30 am from new orleans. it was from a gay dance instructor who said he was lying in the gutter and would we come and get him. we got up and drove to new orleans to pick him up... we found him on the outskirts of the french quarter(esplanade)he had an argument with his 'partner' and was drunk and wept the whole way back to br... he then had to visit his mothers gravesite where his weeping turned to sobbing.he told us of some of his activities that are too decadent to repeat.he now is delivered and happily married to a woman.praise the Lord. it is a sad lonely lifestyle.these people need Jesus for He alone can change us.jimp

2012/8/28 18:54Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by jimp on 2012/8/28 12:54:46

hi, as i sit here and wait for the storm to hit in baton rouge

jimp I will be praying for you and your family. That is a wonderful testimony that you shared with us. I give thanks to GOD for HIS work in this mans life.

Mr Bill I knew you would understand how dangerous these storms can be since you live in Texas.

God bless
mj

2012/8/28 19:22Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy