SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Street pastors/ healing on the streets- gospel less evangelis

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Street pastors/ healing on the streets- gospel less evangelis

Galatians 1:8 KJV
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Romans 1:16 KJV
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth ; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

In England we have the street pastors and healing on the streets movement that go out on the street to help people without preaching the gospel to them, it breaks my heart as they are worried about there physical health but not there eternal souls. In our churches here we seem flooded with every other gospel other than one that talks about people going to hell without Christ for eternity. I do believe in feeding the poor and doing social justice but without the gospel it becomes nothing more than oxfam.

We in England are the home to the alpha course a course that has done more to damage evangelism than any other program as it stopped Christians from going on the street and it's false doctrine which does not talk about hell or repentance in the alpha course I know I have been through it.

A church without prayer, evangelism and bible study is no church at all.
I have worked with the homeless and used to give them bibles and food.
If you have known homeless people who have died from alcohol and heroin is not there eternal soul of value. You do not know how much time people have. The healing on the streets and street pastors movement makes me cry because people have temporary suffering but compared to eternal suffering of hell it is nothing.

People tend to use the phrase friendship evangelism in which you are neither there friend because you do not want to tell them where they are going for eternity. It is not evangelism.

The worst quote used is supposedly by st Francis of Assisi when preaching the gospel it is necessary use words, this is not a quote from st Francis.
What we do not realise is that if we do not preach we have mormans, Muslims and other groups who will convert them
We need to rely on the holy spirit as sometimes it is not right to preach.
In some churches we have people who are hungry after the bible and not getting fed or it is so shallow as I have spoken to Muslims and atheists who know the bible better than most Christians.

Church losing its meaning without the gospel, prayer and study of the word
It breaks my heart with so many modern ideas such as street pastors movements.

God help us as I do not have the strength

2012/8/19 14:56Profile

Re: Street pastors/ healing on the streets- gospel less evangelis

Good admonition deltatom.

2012/8/19 15:03

Quote:
In England we have the street pastors and healing on the streets movement that go out on the street to help people without preaching the gospel to them, it breaks my heart as they are worried about there physical health but not there eternal souls.

And your saying something is wrong?

What is wrong with what these people are doing, would to God that everyone was doing this.

Didn't Paul say, 2 Corinthians 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men.

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Acts 9:36 Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1 Timothy 6:18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

1 Peter 2:12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Jesus would say, "Let them alone, if they be for us, they certainly are not against us".

Thank God that this group of people are doing this work. God Bless them, and I hope doors will open up from the community to give them food and clothing to help the needy.

FOR THIS IS THE GOSPEL.

2012/8/19 18:31

Re:

Are these credible healings taking place? Seems like this would authenticate the gospel message. Mormons and other cult embers cannot duplicate the work of the Holy Spirit. They cannot call on miracles to authenticate their message.

Bearmaster.

2012/8/19 18:55
wijnand

Re:

"Are these credible healings taking place? Seems like this would authenticate the gospel message. Mormons and other cult embers cannot duplicate the work of the Holy Spirit. They cannot call on miracles to authenticate their message."

The bible says that the devil will work incredible miracles through his servants. So that doesn't say a lot!

The problem what this topic is about I see also in my countrie. People will not get saved THROUGH healing, but THROUTH the preaching. This doesn't mean that we shoudn't heal people on the street, but that should only be a 'testifing force', not the foundation. If you preach a wrong gospel but still there is healing, then it's damnable.

So preach the gospel - the right gospel - and if the Spirit of the living God will testify with miracles, be happy!

2012/8/20 3:08Profile

Re:

@wijnand

Exactly.

2012/8/20 3:27
1john316

Re:

Matthew 24:24-For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. (Jesus)

1 John 4:1- Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Mark 16:15-20- 15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

2012/8/20 4:19Profile
Etuna

Scripture says we should go out and preach the gospel, scripture says we should help the needy and when the people see, they will repent of their ways (also a form of preaching I believe), scripture says signs and wonders will follow and scripture also says false prophets will do the same. False teachings, we can definately rule out unscriptural.

Perhaps we shouldn't be too quick to generalise (or judge even) seeing as we too maybe deceived if we're not careful in our observations. (just my 2cents.)

2012/8/20 6:48Profile

Re:

Moslens are brought to Jesus Christ through dreams and visions. This is occurring in the 1040 window. In India people are brought to Christ after a healing miracle has taken place. Yes you can argue that false signs and wonders will take place in the end times. And because of that fear you relegate the gospel to nothing more than a polemic belief system. Nothing more than a belief system among many.

Jesus authenticate his ministry by miracles. The New Testament church authenticated the gospel by miracles. Paul wrote to the Corinthians that he did not come to them in eloquent speech but in the power of the Holy Spirit. And that was the miracle working power of the Holy Spirit

The fact is most of us on this forum are from a Western nationalistic mind set. Mainly in North America. We know nothing of the power of God . We certainly know nothing of the miracle working power of God. Our understanding of God is still rooted on reformation doctrine that has no power of the Holy Spirit.

When we speak of signs and wonders we cry false prophets. If you are going to decry every sign and wonder as false. Then you better call every report of Moslems coming to Christ through dreams and visions as false. Then you better call every report of healing out of the third world as false. But Jesus said wisdom is judged by its fruit. The fruit being people are coming to Christ.

Some are saying we need to get back to reformation doctrine. I disagree. We need to get back to Jesus and what he did in the first century. The third world church has the Spirit. We don't.

Posted by Bearmadter.

2012/8/20 8:44

Re:

I don't think anyone is saying that miracles don't/aren't happening today. But they are saying that they are not, and should not be the litmus test of anyone's ministry.

Jesus said an adulterous generation seeks a sign. Signs were given as the Lord saw fit. Though we see many saying that they did signs and wonders in Jesus's name, yet never having salvation to begin with. etc. etc.

The test of orthodoxy is the purity of the Gospel message as it was delivered. God has, does, and will use miracles if He sees fit to use them, but they're not the standard we judge any ministry by. If one withholds the Gospel and instead presents only good works, it's no different than a doctor withholding treatment from a sick person well within their means to give life to, and instead buying them lunch and sending them on their way, thinking they've done them some sort of favor, because the person was also hungry.

The fruit is not people converting. Jesus never said to make converts. Jesus said make disciples. The fruit would be people being discipled into and persevering in the truths of Christ, as it does them no good to be "saved" into a lie. That is if they're getting saved at all.

2012/8/20 8:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy