SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : What are you?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: What are you?

Ginnyrose, you have no idea how badly I've wanted to post to your question - "I'm a human being. What are you?" :)

Your question reminded me of my sweetest talking parakeet from way-back-when, that would mix up sentences and said to me one day as I passed his cage, "Hi. What are you?" -- mixing-up, "Hi, how are you?" with "What are you doing?".
Amazing interactive bird that GOD gave me for love and laughter.

What I'd answer to him ... Hi! I'm a female human being.

2012/8/6 0:07
enid

Nottingham, England

For the record, I'm female. I chose the name enid, because it was my mother's middle name. So, I assumed everyone knew it was a female name. Wrong!

I have lost count of the times I have been called brother on this website. And I will correct people when they make that mistake, so that there is no confusion.

It can be comical at times, but still, I have no problem in correcting the error if need be.

God bless.

2012/8/6 2:55Profile

Dear Ginnyrose,

I am new to SI, but a seasoned Christian veteran who is a forerunner of the persecution and suffering that is coming to America.

It would be wonderful to believe that all the posters on this forum are genuine, normal, Christians. Having read many, many posts, there are a few posters that play the "Jezebel" card when a woman comments (one called me such for my opinion on schooling my four children), one who spoke of murdering his wife, and a few exhibiting Pharisaical zeal that departs from the gospel of Jesus and boldly writing of their disrespect of women.

Yes, I suppose I could make up a name to make others comfortable and let them know I'm female - but why? Are we not all one in Christ Jesus (Gal. 3:28).

I respect your view, but having experienced death threats from an ex-husband (avid church goer) and his girlfriend, having my good name dragged through the mud in court (eventually vindicated, but suffering the slow wheels of justice), the last thing I want is the few unhinged posters on this site know who I am.

Blessings.

2012/8/6 11:45

Re:

Amen, 100fold and Issacharson.

Let's be a bit more sensitive to the things we may not understand or know about in others in 'cyberspace'.

I'm just glad that you both are here!!

Also need to apologise to enid. I was told she was a 'he'.

I've been to your website enid, and was 'blown away' :)

It's in your profile - but should be activated ... I believe so ...

http://revivalandreformation.wordpress.com/

And the 'wrath' video really shocked me when I saw who's voice it was. Oh my!

But this is a nice, "getting to know one another" thread, Sandra and it has that Good coming from it.
GOD Bless you, Ginnyrose and All.

2012/8/6 12:44
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Just wanted to clarify, I don't have a website, but do visit that one.

2012/8/6 12:50Profile
learn

Re:

Well, in the spirit of confession I'm a sister.

2012/8/7 13:41Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Just wanted to add something else of what I am. I'm black.

Does it matter? No. But, just thought I'd add it.

God bless.

2012/8/9 11:52Profile

Re:

Since we're clarifying stuff;

I'm not Japanese. Most I've talked to assume I am, however I'm Caucasian. I've only lived here for three years.

Just figured I'd put that down, since some have thought that I was born and raised in Japan.

2012/8/9 12:28
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Married, straight, white, conservative, Christian male.

How else can I offend you today. :)

2012/8/9 12:54Profile
browny

Re:

Hello all,

My SI name is browny because it WAS the color of my hair (now it's gray & beautiful)

Grateful to know the Lord is still counting my hair, and always will take care for me, Even when I get older and older, grayer and grayer, wiser and wiser, and my roots go deeper and deeper in His Word,
What a blessing getting older and being a daughter of God!!
He understands ALL my troubles and ALL pains I feel in my body.
And there is such a wonderful future to come with Him and His children! Looking back over the years, I can see His love and care in many difficult years and His faithfulness and help in many valley times.
He is the One Who is lifting UP my head, He is my strenght, He is my Rock.

And...O Yes, I am a woman, knowing the Lord since 1977..A LONG way back.

browny

2012/8/10 3:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy