SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : cage on the mind

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

"And it's not science, but YOUR version of science that you make people choose between"

This is incorrect. I'm not making anything up; just observing and collecting information in the world. I'm not afraid to try out new ideas if on the surface they make sense. and evolution makes sense. and to many people much smarter than I

Darwin believed in God. So much so that he rejected quantum theory because it made life appear completely random. Said "God does not play dice." (an excellent book is "Finding Darwin's God)

2005/2/22 12:36

Re: the flood

Answers in Genesis cant answer this question

if the flood of Noah's time was global, as claimed, it would be impossible for the waters to recede. They would not have had anywhere to recede to, as water was everywhere.

you can't have this both ways. if the flood was local, which the site denies, there would be room for the waters to recede to.

Bubbaguy

Q: when they discover life on Mars, and this is only a matter of time, will this make a difference in your view of evolution?

2005/2/22 13:00
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Actually they have a very good teaching about a global flood that answers the question better than any evolutionist. Here are a couple of links to some just a few articles:

[url=http://www.answersingenesis.org/search/default.aspx?qt=noah%27s+flood&loadpage=query.html&charset=iso-8859-1]Answers In Genesis 1[/url]
[url=http://www.answersingenesis.org/search/default.aspx?qt=global+flood&loadpage=query.html&charset=iso-8859-1]Answers In Genesis 2[/url]

And here is a link whith articles that successfully debunk the Lucy skeleton:

[url=http://www.answersingenesis.org/search/default.aspx?qt=lucy&loadpage=query.html&charset=iso-8859-1]Lucy the chimp that fooled scientists[/url]

The articles on this link are a little more technical but show that even on an atomic level science follows the authority of the Bible:

[url=http://www.answersingenesis.org/search/default.aspx?qt=radio+halo&loadpage=query.html&charset=iso-8859-1]Radio Haloes[/url]

An excellent book to pick up is one written by Jonathon Sarfati called Refuting Compromise.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/2/22 13:29Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Darwin believed in God. So much so that he rejected quantum theory because it made life appear completely random. Said "God does not play dice." (an excellent book is "Finding Darwin's God)

Jake
I have read it and many another. As regards Darwin rejecting 'quantum theory' I think you have your centuries mixed up. Oscillating super strings were long after Darwin.

2005/2/22 13:52Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

"When they discover life on Mars?"

Please tell me you are joking. Will we have to take the gospel to them too?

2005/2/22 14:05Profile

Re:

yes ron, It was Einstien, not Darwin that made the "God does not play dice" quote.
right quote, wrong brain

2005/2/22 14:45
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Jake,

I'd like to say that I share Ron's sentiment that, as my posts are certainly going to be diametrically opposed to yours, it's my hope that you don't take them as being done in anger.

Yes I'm opposed to the way you believe and am concerned for you, but I intend no harm toward you personally. I hope that is the way in which you will take my posts toward you.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/2/22 14:51Profile
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re:

Quote:

bubbaguy wrote:

holding the position that all of the Bible is literally true, or that none of it is, is a dangerous position, and it is dangerous to preach it, as well

don't force people to chose between God's love and science

Actually, the most dangerous position to believe or preach from happens, not when you believe all or none, but when you pick and choose what you are going to believe.

By rejecting all the scripture - you reject God.

By accepting all scripture you accept all that God has to say.

By picking and choosing what you are going to believe, you create your own bible, and ultimately, your own, 'home made' God.

Dan

2005/2/22 15:25Profile

Re:

Jeremy

I understand that strongly held beliefs get defended and that sometimes this is done harshly or in haste.

No offense taken and I hope none given.

By the way, I appreciate the opportunity to discuss issues with all of you and want to say a big thank you to those who run SI.

bubbaguy

2005/2/22 15:29

Re:

Quote:
it began in Adam's time

Hmmm... this is interesting, especially considering that you informed me in a private message that Adam, the garden of Eden, etc were not meant to be taken literally... but were in fact parables.

So please explain to me how if Adam was a fictional character sin "began in Adam's time"? According to you, Adam didnt really exist.

You're stuck in your own logic, my friend. (Altho I'm sure you'll do a verbal rubics cube to get out of it)

Krispy

2005/2/22 15:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy