SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : My Challenge to the claims of Peter Hammond !

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I go back to my original observation that Hammond does not understand the spiritual nature of the Kingdom of Christ. But then I summize he is of reformed persuasion. In reading of some of the early reformers the spiritual nature of the kingdom of Christ does not figure into their writings. As a matter if fact I wonder if the Holy Spirit played into their writings. Anyway I suspect Hammond vas been shaped by the writings of early Catholic and Reformed theologians.

Just my insights.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/30 12:38

Re:

Quote:
As a Protestant missionary, I recognise that while we have serious differences and disagreements, there is also common ground, which both Protestants and Roman Catholics can agree on.

what common ground can Light have with the fruits of darkness? The roman institution is counterfeit, popery is a demonic sham, and my heart bleeds for those dear souls who love Jesus trapped in such a system of idolatry, superstition, priestcraft in the form of institutionalized homosexual pedophilia, mary worship, and that man of perdition, the "pope".

2012/7/30 12:51
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Papa, do you have no reaction to the info contained in the links I provided?

Based on the facts contained therein, could you give me a good honest reason why Hammond is so intent on dismissing the persecution heaped upon the Anabaptists by the reformers?

Given his stance, if persecution would come I would fear for my life if he would be in the community! I could not trust him! Really.

ginnyrose

2012/7/30 14:10Profile

Does God honor racial purity above His love for all men? No.

EverestoSama said:

"Wasn't Peter Hammond that racist quoted in another thread stating that people of different races shouldn't marry, "according to the Bible"?

Laugh.
Out.
Loud......EOS

My response also EOS....So I posted this on that other thread. God Himself descended in front of two million people, at the door of the tent of meeting to discuss, with Miriam and Aaron, their displeasure with their brother Moses, of the most pure Hebrew/Abrahamic blood, marrying a common black Cushite woman; an inter-racial abomination to do so.

Interracial marriage and Spitting in the Face of God.

The greatest prophet of the Bible, chose to marry a Semite black woman, and suffered the wrath of many, including his dearest family. See how God responds:

Numbers 12:
Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

And they said, Hath the Lord indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the Lord heard it.

(Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)

And the Lord spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out.
[ IN FRONT OF TWO MILLION HEBREWS!....THE Lord WANTED TO MAKE A POINT.]

And the Lord came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.

GOD STOOD IN FRONT OF THEM ALL, AND SPOKE!

...And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.

With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

And the anger of the Lord was kindled against them; and he departed.

.... And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous.

And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, wherein we have done foolishly, and wherein we have sinned.

Let her not be as one dead, of whom the flesh is half consumed when he cometh out of his mother's womb.

And Moses cried unto the Lord, saying, Heal her now, O God, I beseech thee.

And the Lord said unto Moses: [ SPITTING IN THE FACE OF GOD]

" If her father had but spit in her face, should she not be ashamed seven days? let her be shut out from the camp seven days, and after that let her be received in again."

And Miriam was shut out from the camp seven days: and the people journeyed not till Miriam was brought in again....

ALL OF THE ISRAEL NATION THEN HAD 7 DAYS TO CONSIDER THIS ISSUE....AND WERE THERE WHEN GOD STOOD AT THE DOOR OF THE TENT......SAW THE SIN, THE CURSE, THE JUDGMENT, THE DISCIPLINE AND THE MERCY.........All over a racist attitude about interracial marriage.

I think this makes it very clear how God views the subject. "The Ethiopian is MY creation, as is the Hebrew or Caucasian....and to reject them as inferior to your superior blood-line, is as spitting in my face; THE CREATOR OF ALL MEN!"

PS: Jesus died for all men, and, "For God so loved the
World......that He gave."

2012/7/30 17:22
proudpapa

Re: ginnyrose

Hi ginnyrose, you wrote // Papa, do you have no reaction to the info contained in the links I provided?
Based on the facts contained therein, could you give me a good honest reason why Hammond is so intent on dismissing the persecution heaped upon the Anabaptists by the reformers?//

I think Hammond gives the reason in his followup letter that I posted He writes:

//the whole point of the article. It is those who are claiming that the Anabaptists were persecuted for their faith that are categorising an entire movement – The Protestant Reformation - as violent, intolerant persecutors.//

If the reformers are found to be lacking in there Love for others than one might conclude that there might be something lacking in there message.

If you are a strong believer in reformed theolgy you are trapped between a rock and a hard place.

As for me personally, it has been a trial on my faith to research the reformers, It leaves me scratching my head, how so much of what they taught seems right but at the same time I found so far in my research very little evidence of compassion for those whom slightly disagreed with them theologicaly.

I hope that when this Life is all over that we find out that some Jesuit or the Like got a hold of the History books and completely distorted them.

Having said all of that we need to have Grace toward the Reformers and toward Hammond, We may disagree with them on certain issues but the great awakening and those preachers of The great awakening ascribed to reformed theolgy and so did Spurgeon. I have found thus far no convincing evidence to question that fruit.
As far Hammond goes, from all the evidence I can find he has devoted and risked his Life in order to spread the Gospel. We may disagree with him on some issues as we all do with each other, But lets not wrongly sterotype Him.
If much of what I have found of him is true he has an amazing Life testamony.

2012/7/31 1:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy