SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : interracial marriage ??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

interracial marriage ??

interracial marriage biblical or not what are your thoughts??

2012/7/25 16:54Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: interracial marriage ??

It was not biblical in OT times because God it would cause Israel to marry pagans and take their hearts away from God. Doesn't mean it didn't happen though. Is that a race thing or a nation thing?

I am in an interracial marriage. Filipina and Caucasian.

John

2012/7/25 17:14Profile

Scriptures do not forbid interracial marriage. I say again and as one who grew up in the south. Scriptures do not forbid interracial marriage. If you have two people from different races. They are believers in Jesus. And I better add one being a man and the other woman. Then they are free to marry. Oh, and it helps a lot they love each other.

The scriptures imply that homosexual marriages are an abomination to God. The scriptus say that divorced people are not to marry. Unless divorce on Biblical grounds. The scriptures imply that a believer should not marry a non believer.

But nowhere do I see a prohibition against interracial marriage.

Bearmaster.

2012/7/25 17:29
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

But nowhere do I see a prohibition against interracial marriage.

I agree. AND I am from the deep south - the land of Dixie! :-)

What is a greater deterrent to a successful marriage is when one or both have a low view of the permanence of marriage; come from radically different cultural backgrounds - this can be overcome, BUT but both have to be willing to give and take, not just the wife because she is supposed to be the "submissive one"; one far more spiritual the the other; divorced persons with a spouse still living. There could be other issues but these are the ones that came to my mind.

2012/7/25 19:12Profile
Marlin46

Re:

I struggled with this one. I believe that we do cross a line when we go outside our own race. I believe that redbirds and bluebirds do not cross that line because they are following the natural divine order. When in doubt I think we should not. Yes God loves us all as people but there is a divine order that is obvious. The scripture is clear when it says that. I am not convinced we are following that divine order when we cross that line. My best friend is in an interracial marriage. Great folks.

2012/7/25 19:22Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

There are only two "races" in the earth-- those in the old man, Adam, and those in the New Man, Christ.

Christians may marry any within their own "race" (that is to say, may marry another Christian) regardless of skin colour. But there should be no intermarriage between the two "races."

Nevertheless when a believer is married to an unbeliever, they are to stay together, as the apostle Paul teaches (1 Cor. Ch. 7). God has grace for such situations.

Allan

2012/7/25 19:47Profile

Re:

The physical lineage of Jesus contained a few "interracial marriages" (Rahab, Ruth).

Allan has it right that the prohibition is between a believer and a non believer getting married, not between two people who have different colors of skin.

Quote:
The scriptures imply that homosexual marriages are an abomination to God.

Actually there is no implication, it's flat out stated. But not on homosexual marriages. Just on homosexual relationships. There is no such thing as a homosexual marriage, for the simple reason that God doesn't recognize such as being a marriage. They can call it whatever they want, as it doesn't change the fact that God has defined marriage, and anything that doesn't match His definition cannot be defined as such. "Legal" or not.

2012/7/25 22:11
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

It is possible to have an international marriage, an intercultural marriage, an interdenominational marriage, or an inter-religious belief marriage, but an interracial marriage is utterly impossible. Differences in skin color are no more or no less than differences in hair color. We don't speak of inter-folicular marriages between red-heads and brunettes. We are all humans.

Interestingly enough, in the OT, God condemned marriages between Israel and other pagan nations. However there was one very famous intercultural marriage that God defended. Moses married a woman from Ethiopia. His sister had a problem with this marriage and spoke against it. God made her barren for her opposition to this marriage that we would hear termed "interracial" today.

I agree, the only marriage God is against on a large scale is a believer and an unbeliever. As to who we marry specifically, seek God for His will.

2012/7/25 22:59Profile
proudpapa

Re: twayneb

Hi twayneb, good point about Moses , I used to attend a Church that taught interracial marriage was wrong, and the scripture about Moses was the one I brought up to them. Of course they never conceded, after I clearly proved there view as unscriptural they than made the ignorant argument about the children being unexcepted by the culture, which is both false and something Christians should not worry with anyhow. I no longer attend that Church for a veriaty of reasons

2012/7/25 23:12Profile
Blayne

Re:

================================
by DEADn on 2012/7/25 14:14:03
I am in an interracial marriage. Filipina and Caucasian.
John
================================
Hi! 'DEADn' (John)
I dunno why; maybe itz cuz I've interacted with you several times in here ...
But I was so very pleased to read about your marital situation. It helped me appreciate you more.
Thanks!

2012/7/26 4:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy