SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Should A Christian Own A Gun?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Blayne

Re:

Hi! "Pilgrim777"

Yuh dragged me into a fit of laughter with this comment.

Every single one of your mocking questions (except the final one) had me remembering a Christian lady that I met during my early upside-down-getting-upside-right Christian walk.

She had left the conversation we were having to go out to the kitchen to brew up sum tea. After hearing some excited mumbling, I went out and discovered her laying hands on the stove element and prayin' up a storm.
I went down to the basement area and located the fuse panel and promptly fingered the reset-switch that had sprung to overload. When I returned to the kitchen, the lady was there loudly blessing God for healing her stove.
I never did have the courage to tell her about how I had reset the fuse panel.

So, 'Pilgrim777', feel free to add the following question to your next list:
"Should a Christian call a stove repairman?"

2012/7/23 15:17Profile

Re:

Chris writes.........

"Thus, the colonists didn't see their independence as "rebellion" but as defending their "independence" and solidifying the separation from former bonds on the basis of the state of the colonies at the time and the ideas that were not shared with England and its rulers. In fact, most colonists declared the subsequent "war" that existed between the United States and England as the "War of Independence" rather than a "Revolutionary War."

Since when did truth lie in the hands of mens perceptions? The Scriptures are clear about submitting to authorities and the colonists were certainly rebels. rebelling against an authority way less cruel than that of Nero. Yet I agree with Robert that since we live in these days we Christians are called to submit to the authorities and not to re-write history, but by the same token you do not get to call upon the logic of the rebels of the past to justify your actions of today. Now brother Robert, you are certainly speaking to a former rebel. Prior to coming to Christ I glorified the American revolution because they stood up against the authorities that my own countrymen had fought and resisted for 1000 years. And yes, much pride in the notion that we withstood the Romans :) ( Although I believe they thought there was simply not enough there to justify the effort:) Yet all of that is of the flesh. I discovered in Christ Jesus what true freedom was and I was captivated by actual freedom. It was the freedom wrought for us on the bloody battle-field of Calvary. It was given to us by Jesus and no man, no enemy can take this from us. Men's freedoms are fleeting, what man gains he can also lose. Political freedom is a pale imitation of the glorious freedom to be found in Christ. One is temperal, the other is eternal...........bro Frank

2012/7/23 15:56
jimp

Re:

hi, the question here in louisiana is should a christian use one of his guns to shoot someone who asks this question.jimplol

2012/7/23 17:31Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! 'Jimp'

Since it was me who asked the question, "Should a Christian own a gun?", I suppose that I had better hope yer all poor shots down dere in Louisiana, ay?
I honestly cannot imagine living in some of those gang infested cities of the USA. Wakin' up in a gang populated city must be like having to eat SCARIOS every morning. (Simple Cherios wouldn't be sufficient).
It gives me (a foreigner) the absolute shivers jus' thinkin' that Americans would be wanting to bring the 2nd Amendment to where I live.
The city where I live (in Canada) is about 6 million people and, while we have the occasional shooting, it's nothing remotely resembling the vicious violence and mayhem that the 2nd Amendment is giving you folks. It's all so sad and fathomless to someone living on a more sane piece of real estate.

2012/7/23 18:21Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Where I Live allmost everyone and seriously no exageration almost everyone I know have not one but several guns some people have 20 or more guns , we have almost zero gun violence, few people lock there doors even our church is never locked, I relize that many City people do not and can not comprehend this. Gun ownership does not mean gun violence.

2012/7/23 21:44Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, actually loisiana is a canadian settlement(french)and it isn't the cities. we have gaters and bears,boars and panthers etc.some yankees too.jimp

2012/7/23 21:58Profile
Blayne

Re:

Hi! 'Jimp'

Well, git yerself ready for another four years of murder an' mayhem.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9067367/Mormon-Church-owns-unregulated-gun-sale-website.html

2012/7/24 8:01Profile

Re:

Quote:
Should a Christian own a bottle of Drano?

Only if it's not Mormon.

2012/7/24 8:33
proudpapa

Computer

Should a Christian own a computer ??

Most likely the percentage of computers owned to the percentage of computers used as an evil instrument is much higher than compared to the percentage of Guns owned to the percentage of Guns used as an evil instrument.

The Tragedy in Colorado is so rare that it has made Global headlines. (meditate on that reality) Many more people died that day in traffic accidents in the US than from gun violence. should we out law cars??

We can not honestly use Rev 13 v 10 as an anti Gun verse (he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword.)

Sword (Gun) ownership is no where taught as sin nor do I personaly feel any conviction on the subject.

2012/7/24 9:03Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
Since when did truth lie in the hands of mens perceptions? The Scriptures are clear about submitting to authorities and the colonists were certainly rebels. rebelling against an authority way less cruel than that of Nero. Yet I agree with Robert that since we live in these days we Christians are called to submit to the authorities and not to re-write history, but by the same token you do not get to call upon the logic of the rebels of the past to justify your actions of today.

Amen, bro Apollus.

This is one reason why my fellow Americans elevate the U.S. Constitution to the level of the Bible and sometimes, higher than the Bible. The flesh is clever at self-justification, especially religious flesh (it killed the Son of God).

Pilgrim

2012/7/24 9:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy