SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the point of prophecy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jake said:
"Many people since Jesus' time have had absolutely no opportunity to know Him or the Holy Spirit. ALl of these people, according to your belief system, will go to hell.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ron responded: "When did I ever say anything that made you think that?"

This is the logical consequence of your stated religious beliefs. Evangelicalism's entire purpose is to rescue people from hell by relating the saving Grace of Jesus. Presumably those not reached then go to hell.

Ron states:
"Your inner light appears darker all the time."

Ron, why are you engaging in ad hominem attacks? Just because we have a difference of opinion?

Yes, I believe in evolution. Yes, I believe in reincarnation. AND Yes, I am a Christian as I follow after Christ and claim the forgiveness of sins through his sacrifice.

There is way too much evidence for both of these for me to dismiss them, and the more I research the more these are confirmed.

Do you really believe that all of the various races of mankind diverged from Noah's family in the last 6,000 years? That is preposterus, but I am not going to call you names and condemn your faith because you believe this.

By attacking me you neglect to actually address the points.

Jake

2005/3/28 9:34
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I hate what this tread has turned into... as many others have. I pray this all works for good. Jake may I ask "What preachers on this site do you enjoy listening to?"

2005/3/28 11:01Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Quote:
Jake said:
"Many people since Jesus' time have had absolutely no opportunity to know Him or the Holy Spirit. ALl of these people, according to your belief system, will go to hell.
Ron responded: "When did I ever say anything that made you think that?"

This is the logical consequence of your stated religious beliefs. Evangelicalism's entire purpose is to rescue people from hell by relating the saving Grace of Jesus. Presumably those not reached then go to hell.

Please quote an example. Your definition of logical and mine parted company a long time ago.

Quote:
Ron states:
"Your inner light appears darker all the time."

Ron, why are you engaging in ad hominem attacks? Just because we have a difference of opinion?

Becauase it is not just a difference of opinion but a matter of life and death.

Quote:
Yes, I believe in evolution. Yes, I believe in reincarnation. AND Yes, I am a Christian as I follow after Christ and claim the forgiveness of sins through his sacrifice.

How can you say you follow Christ when you deny His statements and those of those He specifically ordained. The Christ you follow is a figment of your imagination.

2005/3/28 17:18Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

The original theme of this thread was the nature of prophecy. The verse I quoted was John 14:29. This theme is developed more strongly in later verses of the same section of scripture; These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me. [u]But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. [/u]And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you. (Joh 16:1-4)Again, the emphasis does not seem to be on the provision of a predictable timetable, but simply that 'when the time shall come...' His followers would know that all was 'in hand'.

I personally think that much of the Revelation of this nature. Not primarily a 'timetable of events' to provide intellectual challenges of spotting the 'symbol', but a series of tableaux which would be immediately recognised by Christians who found themselves in 'context'.

2005/3/29 2:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy