SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can suicide be forgiven?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

When did we see you?

"Do you think that he could be subtly planting it in her mind when they talk that ‘if she were to die, then he would be released to marry this other woman?” And that that could be why she is so tortured? If so, he is definitely not a holy man."

I've seen something this diabolical happen, even to a precious innocent child. She never knew what was happening to her, and at the age of 3, begged me to rescue her. Obviously, I could not just kidnap her, but i wanted to. Her heavy mother would sit on top of her, and angrily curse her with ideas like this.

She was later molested, then shipped off to a grandma that was likewise sick, and is now at 13, abandoned as a schizophrenic languishing in a mental hospital, alone in a far away state. I beg God for her, now and then, and as I am led, for deliverance and favor and grace: Justice if you will.

In my memories of ministry to people like this, I often have to confront the lie that was believed. It may be feelings of guilt and unworthiness, or simple anger and the hurt of betrayal, which seems to plague this woman.

We must come to her with the Truth of God's love, while confronting the lie and sin of the wound, carrying God's heart of compassion. This must have "legs" to it, and a commitment.

I met my most favorite Orphanage founder of all time once, about 10 years ago. At that time, he travelled internationally in a business trading heavy equipment, while supporting two orphanages. He lived in South Africa, and had one there, and one in Israel.

He spoke to me about an orphanage in Rhodesia controlled by the government there but ran by European sodomites, who used the children in the housing and schools there as a sort of flesh-pot; taking orgy filled vacations there, and spending there lusts on these innocents.[ I lie not]

I broke down crying instantly, as the sorrow of it all overwhelmed me. These are the wounds of some; inflicted so deep, and by such dark intentions; satanic.

These are some of the children he takes in, and he is a Christian. So, I asked him; "How long do you keep these children? Do they get a trade, and move on, or what?"

He looked deeply into me, and said; "Forever, until they die. they are mine, as my children."

And then again, the Spirit of the Lord overpowered me. Isn't that Jesus? He always will Father us, He will always be there, He will NEVER forsake us. Is not that what gives us security?

I suspect that this is what the apostle Paul wrote about, about the longing, the passion, and the love that the Early church plants possessed, and what was in his heart. Fatherhood begets brotherhood.

So, as far as this sister...maybe she needs to be taken in for a while, and needs her feet washed for a while, and just rest. Are you willing to take her in your home? The bible says that GOD sets the solitary in families.

Yes, we must be led to do this, and bare witness that this is God...not just a religious exercise...but there also must be a willingness. Often, lifting up the prayer is substituted for the laying down of the life, and as God sees the heart, He will not answer the prayer unless the willingness is genuine.

I will not say how many or to who, but this has been a practice in my life; the opening up of my home for the healing and discipleship of the wounded, as it yet is today. We must be led...but I think that in this case, this is exactly what the doctor ordered; The great Physician that is.

I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’

Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not [a]take care of You?’

Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’................

2012/7/18 16:26
4gvn-or-4gtn

@ ginnyrose

Thank you for calling and speaking with me yesterday.

I am very EXHAUSTED, I appreciate the concern and prayers.

I would like to share some things , but first I would like to post a reply to Mr BrotherTom.

@ BrotherTom,

Sir,
When I submitted my post yesterday, I did so because these are earnest questions of mine.

I speak English, I understand English. I am a college graduate. Still, I am not smart enough.

Sir,
Your post has several words I am not familiar with , and I have no clue what they mean. Even after looking up the definition to these words you used, I am still too ignorant to understand the sentences these words are in. I do not understand the following sentences:
===========================================================
It is unthinkable, it is forbidden, and a blasphemous rebuke to God Himself by rejecting the extreme grace of the gift of life itself

I must say that your post has a ring of "Situational Ethics" wrapped up in it; very similar to the perverted doctrines of Bonhoeffer, who in effect saw that offering his own life, committing sin, in a commitment to save others was justified, even noble to the Christian cause.
There have been a number of "substitutionary suicides" in history that may not fall into the category of sin. The most obvious might be when a soldier in battle falls on a hand-grenade in a crowded foxhole. He commits suicide to protect and save others. How would God see this? Maybe differently than the depressed case you offer. Think of all of the Israeli warriors who fell on their sword, [ suicide in battle] rather than endure capture?

I must say that your post has a ring of "Situational Ethics" wrapped up in it; very similar to the perverted doctrines of Bonhoeffer, who in effect saw that offering his own life, committing sin, in a commitment to save others was justified, even noble to the Christian cause.

This is disgusting in it's perverted empathy,and because of an emotional detachment you possess, while yet clearly expressing the context of the torment, and I think it unreal.

It leads me to believe that your post is contrived, in order to get a read on a sense of MORAL RELATIVISM, and take some sort of satisfaction as to the different Biblical responses, knowing that there will be a divided forum over this emotionally charged issue.

So, am I wrong? If so, is this post about you? or is it a vested conundrum designed as a humanistic riddle?
=======================================================

Why is it when people say to their friends, their family, co-workers, neighbors (even if you didn't know/remember their name) , "HEY, Why didn't you say anything?", "I didn't know you needed help!" , "You should have told me you were going to do that!" , "You shouldn't have done that by yourself!" , "Why didn't you ask me?, You know I would have helped!", "well, next time, You better ask ME or someone for HELP!, OK!?" "Now matter what it is, I will do my best to help you."
When someone NEVER asked for help from anyone before, not even to move a full-size couch up a flight of stairs , FINALLY breaks down and asks for help...........the person, or people they turn to and ask help from...... they themselves don't know the answer, nor do they know how to help that person...instead of "looking dumb, or stupid or whatever" and admitting they don't know ...that person laughs and jokes about it, or says "ah, your just seeking attention" , and the person asking for help is disregarded.

Sir,
If a person ( whether it be someone your very close to -your mom, brother, or perhaps a total stranger, you never met before ), ran up to you in the store or on the street, all out of breath, panting, crying asking you " please help, can you help me, I am dying " , would you take them seriously?
What if you couldn't help? Do you know where they need to go for help? If you didn't know what to do, would you disregard their plea for help and not take them serious? or would you do what you could to try to find someone that can or knows how to help?

Sir,
I understand these days some peoples behaviors and actions can be deceiving, they do things just to see how people react.
Just because joe shmo and jesse lynn is like that, doesnt mean everyone is like that too.

Sir ,
Forgive me for being harsh, rude, or mean for my following statment for you:

While you were making it quite clear how politically INcorrect it was for me to submit such questions, and I only did it to stir and rile people up..........I cried, I am still crying. You accuse me of doing something horribly wrong.

WORDS cut , some words CUT DEEPER than others.....

for you to add the following
"I hope I am wrong. "
at the end as your after thought ...given to me as a "band-aid"......sorry, Mister, your words went deeper than the surface... keep your band aid, to me is it worthless.

Sir ,
I AM asking for help, I am dying, I don't want to die.I am scared of death. I have been so sad, so depressed to the point I KNOW if I dont ask for help, this depression is going to swallow me up and kill me.....

If you or anyone else does not understand why or how can I be so sad and depressed, ask me. I have no problem sending text messages or sending e-mails. ( just be warned, you may be reading a very very long novel ) I have no problem sharing ALL the events that took place that led up to this horrible darkness of depression , I have NEVER been this sad and negative before in my life. It scares me. In more ways than one!

2012/7/18 16:28Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Dear sister you wrote :If you or anyone else does not understand why or how can I be so sad and depressed, ask me. I have no problem sending text messages or sending e-mails. ( just be warned, you may be reading a very very long novel ) I have no problem sharing ALL the events that took place that led up to this horrible darkness of depression , I have NEVER been this sad and negative before in my life. It scares me. In more ways than one!

I don't know exactly all the details of what your going through but I do understand the pain and darkness you are describing. I went through a time with my own marriage went through some troubles and I too felt as if I had no reason to go on living. All I can tell you is hold tight to the LORD, stay close to HIM. Men will fail you but JESUS never will. I do not want you to feel over whelmed but if you would like to email then my address is in my profile.

God bless
mj

2012/7/18 16:41Profile
4gvn-or-4gtn

oh Brothertom

@ brothertom

I quickly glanced at a question you asked, I have not read the whole post , yet I wanted to answer your question...

You asked the following:
==================
"Do you think that he could be subtly planting it in her mind when they talk that ‘if she were to die, then he would be released to marry this other woman?

=============

Out of respect for my husband ,and knowing I have caused my husband enough grief and embarrassment for a lifetime. I believe it would not be wise to post my answer Publicly.

e-mail me if you want
[email protected]

2012/7/18 16:46Profile
4gvn-or-4gtn

Re: @ rbanks

@rbanks

PLEASE, with all do respect, my husband IS a Good Christian Man, his heart was hardened towards me, He preaches and teaches the truth of the word to others.
Which is as the Lord ordained him to do.

Marrying me was a mistake, therefore, I am now his punishment for making that mistake.

My husband is not evil. He is a man of God. Men and women of God make mistakes. My husband made a mistake, his mistake doesnt make him less of a man nor does it make him evil.

2012/7/18 16:57Profile

Overcome!

4gvn-4gtn: Sorry about the my error in trying to unravel the why's of your depression. I had just unwrapped my self from a rather exhaustive study of the issues I wrote about, and frankly had never considered that a woman could consider suicide with the happiness of her cheating husband as the goal. Also, I was intellectually detached from my heart as I was trying to sort this out.

"While you were making it quite clear how politically INcorrect it was for me to submit such questions, and I only did it to stir and rile people up..........I cried, I am still crying. You accuse me of doing something horribly wrong.
WORDS cut , some words CUT DEEPER than others.....
for you to add the following
"I hope I am wrong. "
at the end as your after thought ...given to me as a "band-aid"......sorry, Mister, your words went deeper than the surface... keep your band aid, to me is it worthless."

Do I sense a victim mentality, and some self pity? I really was addressing the concept, not the person...and as I said; I was wrong for that; I apologize and repent as best I can in type. You must however begin to forgive those who have abused and rejected you, fully, and begin again to look to Christ as your healer.

Pity from man is not going to help you, and yes, you may indeed be the victim here, but we must begin to look at faith as the solution, and that goes both ways...in and out of the body. Self-pity is the same sin as pride, as it justifies the sorrow and owns it. Bitterness walks hand in hand with self-pity.

Maybe it would be better to not share all of the events to all comers about the horrors of the events that so wounded you, but to use your energies to forgive and show mercy to the offenders, for if you do not, or cannot, neither will your heavenly Father forgive you!..or can He heal you.

By now you have read my post a couple down, about family, and the solitary. I hope for healing for you, but you must get back up and show mercy to those who have wounded you, and also perhaps you could find a family somewhere that could minister to you, receive you and comfort you...Hope so...Tom

2012/7/18 17:03
4gvn-or-4gtn

Please,

Please everyone, I did NOT submit this post to "bash" , point my finger, place blame nor speak ill of my husband. I am not perfect, I was not perfect when we wed, I was not perfect during our marriage . I am DEFINATELY not perfect now.

My problem and concern is getting OUT OF THIS DARKENED PIT, BEFORE it closes in and sufficates me. \

2012/7/18 17:09Profile

Please find a local man of God and fellowship .

"PLEASE, with all do respect, my husband IS a Good Christian Man, his heart was hardened towards me, He preaches and teaches the truth of the word to others.
Which is as the Lord ordained him to do.

Marrying me was a mistake, therefore, I am now his punishment for making that mistake.

My husband is not evil. He is a man of God. Men and women of God make mistakes. My husband made a mistake, his mistake doesnt make him less of a man nor does it make him evil." 4gvn or 4gtn....

I am sorry: ???...This is over my head. We need a local, hands on ministry here to settle this spinning down. Opinions have no power, if there is not faith.

2012/7/18 17:10
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re: Please Call me...

4gvn-or-4gtn,

Don't cry, I take your cries very seriously. I know this is hard for you to believe because we've never met.

Depression is a real thing and it has taken many casualties. But, please don't give up.

I care so much about you. At the risk of completely losing all credibility, I am going to send my phone number to the email address you provided below.

I have time. I'd like to hear your story because it matters. For the sake of one who is precious to the Lord, I'll cancel all my evening plans just to listen to you. Even if you want to call and just weep. Jesus wept. He knows how painful this world experience can be. Please call.

If I weren't in this body and a spirit with unlimited access to move through space and time, I'd be right there with you now. I'm trying hard to ignore the fact that other folks are reading this post, besides you. Because, right now, in the midst of your pain and depression, you are all that matters to me.

You could easily be suspicious or think: "This person is only reaching back because I am hanging from a cliff and in crises. Why does it take a crisis to get someone to care and reach back? Why can't strangers who are Christians reach back when there is no crisis?"

I am sorry that this is the first time I've reached out to you. I only just learned about your pain. And I admire your utter courage in sharing this horrible experience you are going through with others. I'd like to listen to you. No other agenda, than to listen.

Please call me.

Love-YOU-in-Christ,

KP

2012/7/18 17:11Profile
4gvn-or-4gtn

Re: Please,

iam not asking for pity.
i am asking for help,

tom sir i think you mis understood my band aid response

UGH

FIDDLE STICKS AND GUM DROPS

UGH