SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Goodbye, Aloha kãkou, Xaire, Arrivederci, Auf Wiedersehen... Farewell

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Goodbye, Aloha kãkou, Xaire, Arrivederci, Auf Wiedersehen... Farewell

All good things must come to an end, and so it is that I will be taking a break from SI... and it seemed to me that it would be appropriate to make my last post # 8000. I've been hanging around here since 2005, thats about 8 years.

I dont write this for fanfare... it's just that after all this time I think I should at least say farewell... even if it is temporary.

Dont know if I'll be back (some are betting I will be...!). I just believe that after all this time I am not really adding anything new to the conversation, and I find myself just repeating myself... repeating myself.

I know at times I've frustrated a number of you. I think my main intention has always been to make people think about what they believe, and not just accept everything that comes down the pike. I see way too much of that in the church today. I was raised to question everything and challenge everyone.

Over time I've grown to love a number of you and feel like I've known you like a friend for a long time.

I have the deepest respect for Greg, Paul and the other moderators. Even though I have been a challenge to them at times, I have always tried to respect their wishes and submit to them as it pertains to how they want to see this forum operate. You mods are good people and I love you like brothers.

I wish I could invite every single person on this forum to our house for a cookout. I promise you that every one of you would leave having a completely different impression of me and my personality.

Overall I just want to step away and be more productive with my time. I just have a sense that I'm not accomplishing much here, and the Lord would prefer I concentrate my efforts elsewhere.

I dont want anyone to think I'm walking away because I'm upset or whatever... not at all. Things have been pretty calm here for me lately. This decision comes after much prayer.

So there ya go... this ol' dog is gonna go lay down on the porch and let the pups play in the yard.

Krispy

2012/7/3 10:11
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Goodbye, Aloha kãkou, Xaire, Arrivederci, Auf Wiedersehen... Farewell

I haven't been around long-- but I have enjoyed your posts- even when I disagree.

You wrote: "I know at times I've frustrated a number of you. I think my main intention has always been to make people think about what they believe, and not just accept everything that comes down the pike."

I can certainly relate to this.

Enjoy your break, however long, and I hope it is fruitful.

TK

2012/7/3 10:15Profile
roadsign

Good bye Krispy,

I will miss you. I must say, I'll never forget you - having been a fellow poster for 7 years! You are a lively character in cyberspace. I know you have invested a lot of yourself here - and I trust that God will use your offerings to bring fruit for eternity.

blessings as you relax in the sunshine,

Diane

2012/7/3 10:18Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Good bye Krispy. I pray HIS blessing upon you and your family. I will continue to pray for your job search, and that the LORD will bless your writing endeavor.

I have been blessed by many of the things you have written and shared. I do understand the need to listen to HIS leading and step away or if be in HIS will to continue on with HIM to knew adventures that may lay ahead of you. Although you said that you felt like you often repeated yourself I just wanted you to know that I was listening or rather reading and found many good seeds in what HE has placed upon your heart for those who come here.

Be blessed in HIM
maryjane

2012/7/3 10:30Profile

Don't let the door slam your rear!

I remember a quote about you from Greg ,I think....that reflected your "That's the WAY it IS!"attitude...basically ..."that it's right because Krispy said so".

I always thought your posts refreshing and possessing a down to Earth type Southern humor; in a way you reminded me of Will Rogers..to the point with no haberdash....and , i will miss you.

It never was about agreeing was it? It was about the way I see it, with courage, humor and conviction, and these were always endearing qualities I could look forward to in the KRISPY ONE. [ I always wonder where and how and why you picked that name. As an old LSD head, that;s what we would call a burn-out.]

You always pointed to a solid and discerning faith in Christ above all, and for that, I am appreciative. I believe you are a solid brother, and a good husband and father, from your testimony. I remember your heart attack, as I too had one, and your expressions of faith and your thanks for God sparing you, and how this enhanced your appreciation of life in many ways.

So, I see your departure as a loss of an asset; a Godly one, for me. I see, however, that real life does not exist in the type, or on the screen. Your family and church and God's work do not exist in the cyberland; but in real flesh and blood realities in the real world. Your children and wife will remember your faithfulness to them, and your time spent with them, as the loving Priest of your home, more than your many savvy posts.

I will say fare thee well, not goodbye, Krisp, hoping you'll pop in, if I am still around. I remain, your friend, and your brother, Tom.

2012/7/3 10:38

Re: Don't let the door slam your rear!

Bro God bless you in your journeys. Yeah you have been frustrating to deal with at times. But always appreciated your heart committment to the truth of Jesus.

Much blessing on you.

Breaux Bear.

2012/7/3 11:07
Jeremy221

Take care Krispy, looking forward to hearing about the work of grace and knowledge of the Lord that the Lord does in you.

Blessings on you.

2012/7/3 12:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I have the deepest respect for Greg, Paul and the other moderators. Even though I have been a challenge to them at times, I have always tried to respect their wishes and submit to them as it pertains to how they want to see this forum operate. You mods are good people and I love you like brothers.

Bless you brother. I do hope we can visit one day in person. I am not sure if the conference in Atlanta, GA is too far for you to travel: http://sermonindex2012.eventbrite.ca/ But I will be there later this year and next year God willing taking a road trip to Georgia where we will be going to North Carolina (God willing).

2012/7/3 12:26Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Ok, that's it. I forbid anyone else to leave from this point forward. Verboten!

2012/7/3 12:30Profile

Re:

Bummer. I liked your posts. I'll be looking forward to your return. :p

2012/7/3 12:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy