SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Obamacare Stands

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Obamacare Stands

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/28/obamacare-stands-overview-law-provisions/

2012/6/28 13:42

Re: Obamacare Stands

Sad day for America.

Krispy

2012/6/28 15:34
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: Obamacare Stands

If Americans would like to know how Obamacare will affect them -- if it isn't repealed by the next Congress/Administration -- then just click on the following link:

http://tinyurl.com/obamacarecost

On a personal note, I know family members and friends who are small business owners, ministers or are self-employed. They barely make ends meet each month. However, a family of two that earns $38,000 per year will have to come up with an additional $3100-3600 per year for insurance or face fines from the IRS.

By the way, if you cannot afford Obamacare, the "fine" from the IRS will affect your wages and credit. Your wages or property can be garnished by the government to pay it. It will also become a part of your tax and credit history.

*Edit - For many communities, the $38,000 that I quoted may seem quite sufficient for living expenses. However, in communities like the one where we reside, $38,000 doesn't go far when taxes and the cost of living is very high and apartment rent averages $2600 per month. A local pastor of a small independent (non-tax exempt) congregation that I know was quite concerned about the cost since he makes approximately this amount and cannot afford insurance.

2012/6/28 15:46Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Guess what folks... He is still in control.

Why are we worrying about tomorrow?

2012/6/28 15:59Profile
pilgrim777

Re:

Quote:
by KrispyKrittr on 2012/6/28 12:34:26

Sad day for America.

Fortunately, it is not a sad day for those who know the Lord. Our joy does not depend on this world's wishy washy ways.

Our God (Jehovah Jireh) has not changed.

Pilgrim

2012/6/28 16:04Profile

Re:

Quote:
*Edit - For many communities, the $38,000 that I quoted may seem quite sufficient for living expenses. However, in communities like the one where we reside, $38,000 doesn't go far when taxes and the cost of living is very high and apartment rent averages $2600 per month. A local pastor of a small independent (non-tax exempt) congregation that I know was quite concerned about the cost since he makes approximately this amount and cannot afford insurance.

Here in the western part of North Carolina the average income is $28,000... and factor in that we have one of the largest unemployment rates in the country. Almost 9.5%

And of course I agree that He is in control. Much more than most people on the forum care to admit.

Krispy

2012/6/28 16:47
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Part of the problem with the fundamental flaw in the logic of the health care legislation is that insurance companies don't provide health care. Hospitals do. If you have a problem with the costs and level of service a hospital provides, take it up with the hospitals. Insurance companies are just a company where people pool their money together to cover some of the costs of financing health care. Insurance coverage is like a glorified coupon that helps you to cover the cost of medical expenses.

2012/6/28 17:27Profile

Re:

First of all, how is it a sad day?

Other countries have similar systems in place and has been for many many years even since WWII. Britain, France, Canada, Cuba, to name a few. Why is this a sad day for America?

2012/6/28 18:13
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

The estimated cost of this legislation is 1 trillion dollars. Somebody's gotta pay that back. That should make just about anybody sad.

2012/6/28 18:38Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I can't speak for Krispy, but I also feel that it is a sad day for America. This is the first "tax" (a deceptive way to construct socialized health care) that is assessed for simply being alive.

For most Americans, there is no opt out. You will either pay this new tax for health insurance (including a new reliance on the government for a welfare entitlement in the form of a partial subsidy if you qualify for it) or face a fine (and credit damage) from the Internal Revenue Service. If you don't pay the fine, your income or property will be garnished. If you still don't pay the fine (or cannot afford it), you can potentially face jail time.

In today's economic quagmire, there are many people who are either self-employed, working odd jobs or just barely squeak by (financially) from month-to-month. They have little left over for saving -- let along the cost of health insurance. Plus, the cost of insurance premium rates has only increased exponentially since Obamacare was initially "deemed passed."

So, for a minister and his wife who earn just $38,000 per year, they will have to come up with another $3600 -- and this is WITH the government welfare entitlement subsidy that they will be forced to sign up for! So, where will that extra money come from?

Now, God is certainly our provider. We don't have to "worry" about what we will eat or where we will sleep. Yet, it is still required that we work, make purchases or avoid making purchases that we cannot afford. However, this expense was created by representatives in a government of consent -- many of whom were subsequently voted out of office as a result of their votes in regard to this legislation.

Most polls reveal that it is unpopular with the American population and most current legislators alike. And, of course, most requirements of this law haven't gone into effect yet. The full impact of this law wouldn't be realized until 2013-2014. Since there are so many individuals who are unaware of what this law actually means to them personally, I suspect that some will be caught off guard when they realize that they must BUY insurance even if some might receive a partial subsidy once they sign up for public assistance with a government welfare office.

I am personally disappointed by this legislation. I think that there was a much better way to go about health care reform than the closed-door meetings and rushed votes that went into its creation. Our local Congresswoman admitted that she didn't even read the legislation at all before she voted on it. I simply find that a requirement to BUY something is NOT the equivalent to a "tax" even if it was designed as such via rhetorical smoke and mirrors in the description of the legislation in order to pass Constitutional muster. This opens the door for many other similar "taxes" to be imposed upon residents.

As for the countries that you mentioned: I have become quite familiar with some government health care systems in the countries that you mentioned. While they might appear helpful on the surface, they can be sorely lacking in regard to many health care services that Americans have grown quite accustomed to. There are limits to services in many countries that are typically observed only in military or veterans' hospitals in the United States.

As Jimmy mentioned, the cost is enormous (and heavily underestimated). It doesn't take into account those who will actually "take advantage" of such a system. Thus, if this isn't repealed, the cost will likely be much higher for both the government (paid for by taxpayers) and individual insurance rates (also paid for by taxpayers).

2012/6/28 18:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy