SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : King Solomon=666 ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

King Solomon=666 ?

Peoples, tonight i was reading in I Kings 10 and came across something that surprised me. But before i get to that, i must back up and remind you of a verse in Revelations that i myself was reminded of while i was reading in I Kings tonight. The verse i was REMINDED of, is:

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six. REV.13:18

Well, when i was reading I Kings 10: 14, i noticed it says:

14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,..."
I KINGS 10:14

I noticed for the first time ever, that this is the number 666. Is this mere coincidence or has the number been connected to Solomon at any other time or in any other way? I have read things, that much is made of Solomon's activities having some sort of later connection to the Kabbalah or witchcraft mixed with Judaism, the Rothschild dynasty (or vice versa rather), and that he came into all that darkness when his heart turned away from the LORD and he began serving and sacrificing unto the devil gods of his foreign wives, such as Ashtoreth, Chemosh, Milcom, and Molech--all abominations. Molech alone involved child sacrifice by fire. I cannot even comprehend how the wisest man on earth got involved in such a thing but that is another subject. What i am asking is has there ever been any discussion on this subject of this verse and the one in Revelations or is it mere coincidence? Your thoughts and input.

EDIT: What is really bizarre is i have read all these books of the Bible dozens and dozens of times, for so many decades(!!!) and this is the FIRST time i noticed the significance of that number in I KINGS 10:14!!! Duh.

2012/6/25 6:55Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: King Solomon=666 ?

I believe it has been discussed before, but I can't myself direct you to the thread.

Maybe someone else can.

God bless.

2012/6/25 10:13Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Well here is something interesting. I don't know if this is true or not but this article claims that the name SOLOMON is the 666th name in the Bible:

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/christian-discussion/55169-solomon-666th-name-bible.html

And now i found this site also, which covers this topic of Solomon's gold and the mark 666:

http://www.ridingthebeast.com/articles/gold-money-666/

In this article:

"If you take a look at any Euro coin there's a distinct 666 on the back, blazened right across Europe. It's also very interesting that the Greek two Euro coin depicts a woman riding a beast (Revelation 17:3). There's no doubt that the Euro will continue to grow stronger monetarily and may very well play a supporting role for the Mark of the Beast.

If there was ever a stable world-wide currency gold is it. And if Digital Gold continues growing in popularity it could easily become the backing to microchip payment formats like the Verichip. 666 holds some spiritual significance, none of which supports a requirement to buy and sell. The physical associations with 666 are very clear."

2012/6/26 4:21Profile

Re:

Actually Solomon is a major type of the anti-Christ in the Bible. There are actually quite a few ways in which Solomon (backsliden Solomon that is) paints a picture of the spirit of anti-Christ. Not at home right now, but once I get in front of a keyboard instead of a phone I'll try and go into more detail. Pretty interesting/useful study.

2012/6/26 4:41

Re:

Double post.

2012/6/26 4:41
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

Quote from another article:

"666 is a trinity of 6s never to be a 7. 6 is the number of man, especially as man in rebellion against God. Goliath was 6 cubits and a span (see 1 Samuel 17:4). King Nebuchadnezzar erected a statue to himself to be worshipped. It was 60 cubits high and 6 cubits across (Daniel 3:1)"

2012/6/26 4:47Profile

Re:

The statue is also another portrayal of 666 that's for sure. 666 actually pops up in the Bible much more frequently than most are aware of.

2012/6/26 4:50
Trekker

northern USA

QUOTE: "Yes, 666 talents of gold was sent to Solomon each month by none other than the King of Tyrus. After you have read this account in the book of 1 Kings, turn to Ezekiel Chapter 28. Oh, what a tangled web was weaved, when Solomon practised to deceive. King Solomon left many articles which proved his blatant idolatry, such as King Solomon's Mirror, King Solomon's Comb, and the six-pointed star, which became known as the Seal of Solomon in the witchcraft and occult world. Solomon also laid down the foundations of the Craft (Daniel 8:25) which later became known as Freemasonry., and the six-pointed star features prominently in Masonic rituals.'

"The book, The Six-Pointed Star, is the first and only academic work which documents the origin and historical usage of this symbol. From Egypt to Solomon, to Arab magic, and witchcraft, to Druid uses, to freemasonry, to Mayer Amschel Bauer, who in the 17th century changes his name to depict the red six-pointed star which hung on his door in Germany, and thus began the family of "Rothschild" (meaning red shield). The Rothschild family incorporated this symbol in their Court of Arms. The research traced the six-pointed star through the Cabala, to astrology, to Hitler and his putting a yellow six-pointed star on Jews during the holocaust, to the Zionist symbol, and finally to the flag of the State of Israel and beyond."

SOURCE:

http://www.cephas-library.com/masonry_bible_connects_the_dots_to_the_antichrist.html

2012/6/26 4:56Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Hi Trekker,

Funny, I was also reading this the other night and was thinking about the same connection. I don't think it is coincidental that the number 666 is clearly given to the weight of Solomon's gold.

Solomon is an interesting figure as he both has aspects where he is a type of the Messiah and also a type of the Anti-Christ (false Messiah).

What does it teach us about the Anti-Christ is the question. Well maybe that he will be both a political and religious leader accepted by the Jews as a great man of God. I think it is interesting that the Jews throughout their history up to this present day consider Solomon as Israel's greatest King. They seem to forget the apostasy and gross idolatry that led to the Kingdom being divided.
He built his vast kingdom using slavery and taxing the people to excess (the very thing God warned Israel having a King would result in).

Also it may speak about the 'love of money being the root of all evil'. This world and those who control it is built on the financial systems, where money (gold) speaks and controls everything. I'm convinced that the bablylon of revelation is talking about the whole world of commerce/ trading / buying and selling. Everything that this current world operates by.

2012/6/26 5:02Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "Actually Solomon is a major type of the anti-Christ in the Bible."==EVERESTOSAMA

Yea, that much i got. The same is said of Nero, Hitler, King Saul, Absalom, etc. But i think this first mention of 666 in connection to Solomon must have SOME special significance. Kinda spooky in a way. I suppose any number of theories can and have arisen about it. Perhaps some world political or spiritual leader will try to replicate Solomon's annual salary? And i wouldn't be surprised either because just last night as i was reading about all the massive amounts of GOLD required to build Solomon's temple in Jerusalem (because everything was overlaid in GOLD and even the walls were gold, etc) i was wondering to myself, 'Well how is Israel ever gonna come up with that much (extra) gold to rebuild the final temple?" I mean, we are talking a massive amount of gold.

2012/6/26 5:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy