SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : a current news question?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies you have all given me something to think and pray over. I have no answers myself and as I said I do not at this time feel convicted to take part in any of these boycotts but I do want to be in the LORDS will in all of this.

God Bless
mj

2012/6/25 9:19Profile

Re:

Trekker wrote:

"Great question Mary Jane! I am aware only of HP (Hewett-Packard) and recently JCP's use of Ellen Degenerate for their ads. I found myself in the same predicament as you, pondering how i should respond."

And so you chose to respond by insulting the woman? Just like Jesus, right? Well done there. Mock her into the kingdom.

Trekker wrote:

"So i was basically left, economically speaking, with only HP to choose from at the time and needed a printer. I have come to the conclusion that it is not my responsibility as to what any company . . . does with my money . . . after they have it."

It is convenient when we decide that principals can be altered for financial reasons. What once seemed important actually wasn't when you could save a buck. Again, well done. Keep turning the world upside down.

2012/6/25 9:28
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

IMO, you would be supporting homosexuality at any place of business that allows homosexuals to knowingly work there. So my guess this day and age, you had better start growing your own food, and making your on clothes, and building your own cars and homes, and going to church at your home. Did I miss anything?:)

2012/6/25 9:40Profile

Let us go to the Moon......And such were some of you....

"Thank you all for your thoughtful replies you have all given me something to think and pray over. I have no answers myself and as I said I do not at this time feel convicted to take part in any of these boycotts but I do want to be in the LORDS will in all of this. "..MaryJane

"I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world."

Otherwise, Paul was saying that if you wished to escape encountering the sinner, you must go live on the MOON. It, and it's victims, [ including me and you ], are here to stay, until The Return of Jesus.

Also, we are anointed in each of our ministries to "set the captives free" and comfort the sinner with His Peace as to be Saved from wrath, NOT avoid them.

"Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,

... nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God."

They were also received into the church and loved by merciful saints, who were formerly of the same stripe. Jesus came to them all, and in the form of a lowly brother or sister who offered them the Word of Redemption in Jesus.

God so loved the World; I sure am glad someone came to me; the lowest scum you could imagine.

2012/6/25 10:16
MaryJane

Re: Let us go to the Moon......And such were some of you....

Brothertom I feel a bit embarrassed to say I don't understand what you are trying to share with me by your reply? You quoted my last post to this thread and then shared some truths but I am not understanding the connection. Please forgive me for not being as perceptive as I might, perhaps I am still a bit sleepy this morning but if you would explain your thoughts further I would be most grateful.:)

God bless
mj

2012/6/25 10:29Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: a current news question?

Of all the scriptures in the Bible about getting drunk, Jesus didn’t judge the people at the wedding for getting drunk. No, he made more wine! I know He had His reasons but in the end... He still made the wine.

Why can’t we just purchase what we need, be thankful for it and go on? And minister in love as we are doing it?

It’s absolutely no wonder we are of no effect to the unbelievers, b/c by the sound of it some of you never go around them, your cutting yourself from them and living in your own little commune. Which by the way is a great way to shine your light - where there is no darkness. (last sentence is a tad bit sarcastic, in case you missed it!)

God bless,
Lisa

2012/6/25 12:50Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by Lysa on 2012/6/25 6:50:26

Of all the scriptures in the Bible about getting drunk, Jesus didn’t judge the people at the wedding for getting drunk. No, he made more wine! I know He had His reasons but in the end... He still made the wine.

Why can’t we just purchase what we need, be thankful for it and go on? And minister in love as we are doing it?

It’s absolutely no wonder we are of no effect to the unbelievers, b/c by the sound of it some of you never go around them, your cutting yourself from them and living in your own little commune. Which by the way is a great way to shine your light - where there is no darkness. (last sentence is a tad bit sarcastic, in case you missed it!)

God bless,
Lisa

Lysa I am not sure if you were directing your post to me since I asked the question or if it was meant for some who have posted replies? I was not meaning to stir anyone to frustration or anger, if my post did so I do apologies. Since moving I have not been able to find a local body to meet with all the time(there are many RCC in this area) so from time to time I do look to those like yourself who come to the forum for counsel and what the LORD might show you. I value many of the brothers and sisters here and the heart they have for the LORD so I often look to what someone like you might be seeing on this matter. I put these things to prayer and ask the LORD what HE might have for me to glean and learn from it all. I am around people who are not saved most of the time, I do not cut myself off from them in anyway. If I am honest the sad truth is I find very little opportunity to be around those who call HIM LORD and live it.

From your reply I gather that you were upset, or offended by my thread so I personally ask for your forgiveness. IT was not my intention to cause you to stumble in anyway.

God bless you
mj

2012/6/25 13:12Profile

Re:

Quote:

He made grape juice, didnt you know that? (I'm kidding, of course)

Quote:

In agree with you 100%. It does not matter what it is we purchase you can do a paper-trail hunt and discover someone somewhere supporting or doing something that we as believers would disagree with. Buy from a Christian company, but you better make sure all of their suppliers are also towing the line, or you could be supporting a company that supports gay marriage.

Say there was a Christian computer company. You buy from them (and you'll pay way more than you would somewhere else, funny how that works)... but who's to say they built the mother board in that computer? That may have come from a company that supports gay marriage. You dont know.

Where does it end?

I think if a company is blatently mocking God then avoid it. But Christians need to relax a little bit.

We will look foolish to the world if we love God and His holy Word. Thats to be expected. But lets not look foolish because we ARE foolish. We're not called to do that.

This conversation is very related to the one in "wordly entertainment"... and more of my thoughts on this kind of thing are in that converasation as well.

Krispy

2012/6/25 13:20
rbanks

Re:

Hey sister MJ I thought I would add something that I believe many missed in your article. I also agree with what Krispy and some others said also.

I believe your main concern was about the boycotting of businesses; and should we participate in not buying from those who are promoting ungodly lifestyles and unchristian ethics.

I use to get and read emails about what this company was doing and how we need to boycott them because they are doing this or that. I hardly pay much attention to emails like that anymore. There are also ungodly groups boycotting also if companies don’t do what they want them to do.

I don’t believe we should follow the ways of the world; and I don’t believe that Jesus would want us to necessarily be involved in boycotts trying to force companies to do things. I believe we are to pray for all people and live a Christian life- letting our light shine to others. Whatever we do in word or deed, we are told to do all in the name of Jesus. We are also told to do all in faith. I don’t worry anymore about what everybody else is doing or not doing. I pray and strive to walk in the light everyday to be a witness to all and I buy or deal with people in a Christian way and manner. I believe in treating everybody the same, and if they have goods that I or my family needs, that are a good product with a reasonable price, then I purchase things without asking are they sinning or promoting sin. Now if I was about to purchase something and they told me that they were going to use the money to kill someone or some horrendous crime or sin, then I would have to go without their product. I would only say- just pray about everything and do and treat others the way you would have them to treat you.

Anyway be blessed MJ!

2012/6/25 14:04Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: a current news question?

Mary Jane,

At the end of the day it will be you who will have to deal with your conscience. Since this bothers you, I suggest you have the LORD show you what you need to do and go from there. It is obedience to the Holy Spirit, whether it makes sense or not, that is required of you. This is what is called faith - the scriptures give us little clues to our questions sometimes so we have to fall back on what the Holy Spirit would have us do. It is faithfulness in the little things where growth occurs. Being faithful there will lead to bigger things.

And, yes, I understand your dilemma perfectly.

God bless.

ginnyrose

2012/6/25 14:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy