Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : what sort of revivle is this

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
brothagary

what sort of revivle is this

LEONARD RAVENHILL

Nobody else can give you a clean heart but God.

There's one thing we need above everything else; it's something we don't talk about these days. We need a mighty avalanche of conviction of sin.

We're living in an unprecedented day (when) evil is no longer evil. We've changed the terminology-- iniquity is now infirmity; wickedness is now weakness; devilry is now deficiency.

A Roman Catholic priest startled us not very long ago by saying that for 25 years he had been sitting in the confessional, listening to the confessions of men and women. He said he heard (of) murders, rapes, adultery, and fornication. He met men and women who have broken every law of God and man with repetition. But never in 25 years had anyone ever confessed to be covetous. Covetousness! We wrap it up and call it ambition. We may call it business or something, but right down in the middle of those things is a rotten word called "covetousness." Paul called it idolatry!

David had one of the most blessed experiences in the world, and the blessedness was that he was miserable about his sin.

Are we sorry for grieving the heart of God... for denying God the right to own our personality... to own our mind... to own our thoughts... to own our emotions? (If not) we're robbing God.

Jesus did not come into the world to make bad men good. He came into the world to make dead men live!

I'm concerned in my spirit (that) the reason the world goes to hell-fire tonight is because we've (the church) lost Holy Ghost fire.

I'm sick and tired of (only) reading about church history; let's make (some) by the grace of God!

Someone asked me, "Do you pray for the dead?" I said, "No, I preach to them!" I think every pew in every church is death row. Think about that! They're dead! They sing about God; they talk about God, but they're dead! They have no living relationship (with God).

We've got people today that are very happy to celebrate Christmas or Easter or even Pentecost Sunday as long as nothing happens.

There's cancer in the church tonight!

One said, "If I lead somebody to Christ on the street, which church should I send him to?" (Sending someone to church today is) like taking a newborn baby and putting it in a refrigerator. I want a place that vibrates with God, vibrates with eternity.

We say, "Let the Spirit have His way in our church." We don"t!! We mimeograph what He has to do last Wednesday in the church office!

I want to see the house of God where it's open 24 hours a day so people can come. We don't close the hospitals after eight hours a day or the police station. Why should the churches be locked up tonight?

If you know a church on fire for God, tell me and I'll go. A church where (after) you've gone in, you don't come out the same, believing that God is there (and) you've been in His holy presence!

God is taking His hands off of America. We've had so much light and we've rejected it.

The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity.

How can you have a dead service with a living Christ?

Fifty years ago, you never heard of a divorce in the Christian church. You never (even) heard of marriage counseling in the church... We're putting up with sin in the church.

I believe every church is either supernatural or superficial. I don't believe there's any middle ground.

You hear people say in church, "Lord, You're welcome!" If the Holy Ghost came to some churches, there would be a stampede to the door.

If the church was doing their business, the psychologists wouldn't dare to sing their dumb song.

Sunday morning (attendance) shows how popular the church is; Sunday night shows how popular the preacher is; (Wednesday) prayer meeting shows how popular God is.

One good Baptist (once) said to Dr. Tozer, "If God withdrew the Holy Spirit tomorrow, my church would function just the same; we wouldn't even know He was gone."

The church is supposed to do what? To stop corruption? Is the church doing that? No! The world is corrupting the church!

If I don't believe the Word of God, why should you believe it? If we don't believe it, why should the world believe us?

We're blind to the fact (that) we have an obligation to five billion people in the world. This generation of Christians is responsible for this generation of lost souls!

Our blessings have become a curse. They attract us. They take too much of our time and concern.

There isn't a "Pentecostal" Church in America. If there is, tell me where it is.

In the early church, signs and wonders and miracles followed. They cast out demons, blindness and paralysis. That's normal Christianity! We're so sub-normal, if we ever became normal, they (the world) will think we're abnormal.

I'm astounded, bewildered, confused, baffled when people tell me there are 75 million people in America that are filled with the Holy Ghost and we're the most rotten nation on earth

2012/6/21 21:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: what sort of revivle is this

Quote:
There isn't a "Pentecostal" Church in America. If there is, tell me where it is.

In the early church, signs and wonders and miracles followed. They cast out demons, blindness and paralysis. That's normal Christianity! We're so sub-normal, if we ever became normal, they (the world) will think we're abnormal.

I'm astounded, bewildered, confused, baffled when people tell me there are 75 million people in America that are filled with the Holy Ghost and we're the most rotten nation on earth

Very powerful convicting statements. The Church in china is walking in such realities.

2012/6/21 23:24Profile
brothagary

Re:

yea definitly even personly conviction ,,,i found the full sermon wile serching for somthing else

i think it is one of the audio sermons you have on this sight

do you think watchman nee was responsable for the way china is today

2012/6/21 23:50Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Very powerful and convicting message which is much needed these days. What is the title of that message? Where can I find it in audio?

2012/6/22 0:40Profile
brothagary

Re:

brother im not sure ,,but ill post the full sermon under a new title the best of lenard ravenhill

2012/6/22 0:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
do you think watchman nee was responsable for the way china is today

Yes. He was one of the influencers of the underground house church movement.

Here is an excellent video on him and 2 other founders of the indigenous church after the boxer rebellions when the western missionaries where forced out of the country and at times killed.

The Cross In China (Chinese Revival Story) - Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu_3wWTTB8U

2012/6/22 1:54Profile
brothagary

Re:

thanks greg

2012/6/22 2:29Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote: "Very powerful and convicting message which is much needed these days. What is the title of that message? Where can I find it in audio?"

I am almost certain that these are a collection of quotes from Leonard Ravenhill and not an intact sermon. I have read these before and I believe that is the case.

2012/6/22 7:26Profile
brothagary

Re:

yea your right

2012/6/22 7:45Profile

LR

Quote:

We've distorted what it means to be filled with the holy Spirit. At one time being filled with the Holy Spirit was something that happened after one has repented and received Christ, today anyone who repents, or doesn't repent or says the sinners prayer are told they have the holy Spirit already.

The other day I was thinking about two preachers that are now with the Lord but they both said something that sticks with me.

One said, "When I received the Holy Ghost, I knew I had power to overcome lust".

The other said after receiving the Holy Spirit, "I knew what it meant to have power."

Those words resonate within me because I don't know. I have the Holy Ghost and I've been led by the Spirit and walk in His ways in the knowledge that I know, but to be honest, from the standpoint of those two preachers, I don't know what it means to have power.

I think there are a lot people that are in the same boat as me.

LR is right, I am tired of hearing about the past revivals, lets go makes some of our own.

2012/6/22 8:59

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy