SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : PREPARING FOR THE UNDERGROUND CHURCH by Richard Wurmbrand

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

If we are to endure persecution. Jesus must be more than a book of words to us. Jesus must be the Word in us.

Bear.

2012/6/20 13:00
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: bearmaster

Quote:
bearmaster wrote:
If we are to endure persecution. Jesus must be more than a book of words to us. Jesus must be the Word in us.

Agreed brother! I found this quote on wikipedia on Richard Wurmbrand and he agrees with you as well!

----------------------------------

At the beginning of his first imprisonment, he recalls being in deep remorse as thoughts of past sins and duties undone were remembered. Unlike the discipline that helped him through later days of imprisonment, he later wrote that God came to him and fellow prisoners in a vision not unlike that which Stephen experienced:

We didn't see that we were in prison. We were surrounded by angels; we were with God. We no longer believed about God and Christ and angels because Bible verses said it. We didn't remember Bible verses anymore. We remembered about God because we experienced it. With great humility we can say with the apostles, "What we have seen with our eyes, what we have heard with our ears, what we have touched with our own fingers, this we tell to you."

God bless,
Lisa

2012/6/20 13:25Profile

Re: Lysa

Wiw!!!! That was an in incredible quote. May we know Jesus that way. Totally incredible.

Bear.

2012/6/20 13:51

Re:

Ginny read the article on the kink. Very good. God give us grace ti take this to heart.

Bearmaster

2012/6/20 15:58
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Interesting idea, Lysa. First I will have to see if I can find them. Next thing is who wants the job to digitize them? I know nothing about this technology other then that it exists. In any case, I will be happy to share it with someone. Might be a good idea to check to see if there is a copyright although I do not think there is.

Will come back later and give an update on this...

ginnyrose

2012/6/20 18:43Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Lysa, I have looked all over - at least it seems that way - for this album and I cannot find it. I know I had it in Feb. 2011 because we moved on March 1, 2011 and it was in our bookcase back then. Where on earth I put it I do not know. It is not with the other boxed tapes...likely some day it will show up in a stupid place - like a few other things did that I thought were lost (like a pieced quilt top). SIGH (I still have not found a ten inch cast iron skillet - how on earth one can misplace such a large item and not have it show up anywhere beats me!)

There is only one other option and that is I may have thrown it away because the tapes have gotten brittle and tore. I do not recall doing that to this album but have done it to other tapes that had gotten old and brittle. I do not throw tapes away unless they become useless. If it is still payable it is somewhere and don't know at the moment where that is.

So sorry....

2012/6/21 10:02Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Found it!

Hey, y'all, I found this album and, yes, it was in an unlikely place.

Anyhow, I put the tapes into the player and the one worked fine; the other, the end came off the spool. So, I opened the cassette thinking it would be no small matter to reattach it to the spool...WRONG. Then I went online to see how one can repair a cassette tape and found I would need to buy a new one. I think I do have one that would work. At the moment it lies on my kitchen table awaiting a decision about how I will proceed from here.

Is there anyone who wants the tapes with the idea they know how to repair it and then digitize them? I would send it to you free...

There are four tapes in this album: two by Richard Wurmbrand; one by his wife, Sabina; one by John Noble titled "I Was a Slave in Russia".

If you want to contact me you can do so by email. My addy is listed in my profile.

ginnyrose

2012/6/22 17:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Sister,

It would be great who ever digitizes them to get the mp3 to us on sermon index.net to put it up for the saints.

2012/6/22 20:34Profile

Re:

Thank you very much for putting this here, it's been years since I've read Tortured4Christ. And this article had good instructions.

2012/6/22 21:16

Re:

Quote:
It would be great who ever digitizes them to get the mp3 to us on sermon index.net to put it up for the saints.

Ginny, I have the software to do tape recording and editing tools into mp3 format. If you have no one else to do them I would be happy to do them and when they are done, I'll send the whole lot back to you with your cd's with the mp3 sermons free of charge and then you can send them off to Admin Greg.

I'll leave this option open if your not able to get them transferred on your end.

2012/6/22 22:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy