SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christians Living like the Devil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
jdlashley

South Carolina

Re:

9 I wrote to you in a letter not to associate with sexually immoral people. 10 I did not mean the immoral people of this world or the greedy and swindlers or idolaters; otherwise you would have to leave the world. 11 But now I am writing you not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer who is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or verbally abusive, a drunkard or a swindler. Do not even eat with such a person. 12 For what business is it of mine to judge outsiders? Don’t you judge those who are inside? 13 But God judges outsiders. Put away the evil person from among yourselves. (1 Corinthians 5:9-12, HCSB)

2012/6/20 21:38Profile
ald0025

Re:

I am not judging anyone's salvation, but when one is truly born again it is a miracle thats how Leonard Ravenhill would describe it and Apostle Paul said that they become a new creature, meaning that there is a supernatural transformation in ones life. This video and article sums up what I was saying, not to cast doubt on anyone salvation experience. Sorry if my comments above depicted judging and doubt, I didn't mean it that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZyzzSw0Log

http://www.tscpulpitseries.org/english/1990s/ts990802.html

2012/6/20 22:39Profile
brothagary

Re:

i believe one of the first things jesus preached was repent for the kindom of god is at hand

the first evangelical message from peter was repent

why was it that cornelious was not called to repent
with his family
it is simply becasue the bible says he was righeteous and already feared god ,,,he was repentent already

whay was the jailer asked to just believe ,,,,he was in a state of repentance ,,also ,the bible says ,then they spoke the word of the lord to him

so he was not just exorted to believe in jesus ,but he also obviously heed the thing spoken to him ,,in the contex of what the word of the lord is ,,the word fro the lords mouth ,is REPENT AND BELIEVE THE GOSPLE

we cant dicect one or two verses out of the bible and create an evengistst message ,wile forgeting the rest of the contex , regarding what jesus said and what peter said ,and what paul said ,about the need for repentance to acoumpney saving faith

i submit that is the main reason why so many fall from the faith ,and others recieve suduising spirts and as paul said ANOTHER jesus

the full gosple is not preached in many cases

part of the good news is we have been granted to repent for sin ,,we dont have to live a life as a sinaddict any longer ,haliuya

2012/6/20 23:04Profile
ald0025

Re:

Amen Brother

2012/6/20 23:07Profile
jdlashley

South Carolina

Re:

This video had a strong impact on me personally. I would like to share it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU8c1N-7Xk8

2012/6/20 23:19Profile
Man0fG0d

Re:

Amen brother, absolutely correct. Thank God for His goodness that leads us to repentance, and for His long suffering not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. By grace are ye saved through faith. How do you get faith? The Bible says faith cometh by hearing, hearing by the Word of God. What was the Word that God gave Paul in Acts 17? He said God at one time winked at this ignorance, but. Now commandeth all men everywhere to REPENT! When Paul preached the Word of God, the ones that believed left behind Athens and its idolatry and follow Paul in a new walk with Christ. Again Jesus said in Matthew 9 that He did not come to call the righteous but sinners to REPENTANCE.

2012/6/20 23:32Profile

Re:

Repent means to "Turn Around", Stop walking in the direction you have been going and begin walking toward God.

Stiff necked is not having the ability to move the neck. The whole body has to turn at once. Stiff necks also means the inability to "consider" a warning. If a person was able to stop turn the head to the side without turning around denotes that the person is willing to hear. A stiff necked person would have to stop, turn the whole body around and that in itself was a chore and people of that nature would not do such a thing because of pride.

We are making ourselves look foolish by judging someone who reads the "sinners prayer" when the heart has already believed before they've even uttered a word. The uttering of words is to acknowledge what has already taken place in the heart.

We have taken the word Repent to mean we have to get down on our hands and knees and cry and cry and cry. Those times do happen and I thank God that they have in my life.

But if we don't see tears we are not convinced that people have repented. Like Pharisees straining at a gnat while having no trouble swallowing a camel.

Works of repentance is the follow up of what takes place after one has received Christ. What is the follow up?

Change! People have changed. Their testimony is, "I was drunk but Jesus found me and took the desire for that stuff all away.", "I went to prison, there I found Jesus and I knew that I was a sinner. Heck, I always knew I was a sinner, but this time It was different, I felt different. Before saying I was a sinner gave me a sense of badness and I didn't mind that, but now, I know that I have sinned before God and I wanted to be right before Him. I turned my life over to Him (which is the same as turning around in repentance walking toward God). Instead of condemning me, He picked me up and set my feet upon a rock to stay. He put a song in my soul today a song of praise Hallelujah."

As for Cornelius, he was already walking toward God, he would have repented long ago. He wasn't a Jew but he was doing all he knew to being right with God probably being instructed by the local Rabbi (only God knoweth). He had faith and his field was ripe for God to go in there and share the gospel to his household.

2012/6/21 10:26
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

What is the cause of Christians Living like the Devil?

It is the veil of our fleshly fallen nature living on un-crucified.

It’s not hard to find we just have to look into our own heart and we will see it there a enemy to the Christians life which blocks our spiritual progress, the enemy is called “the flesh” let’s not think we are better than others when we all suffer from same disease. Let’s us yield to the still small voice that urges you to the living God, let us yield to the Spirit so the light can shine into the deepest parts of our beings to expose self-righteousness, self-confidence, self-sufficiency, self-admiration, self-love at the very core of our beings.

Tozer Quote: One should suppose that proper instruction in the doctrine of man’s depravity and the necessity for justification through the righteousness of Christ alone would deliver us from the power of self sins, but it doesn’t work that way. Self can live unrebuked at the very altar.

At the very altar flesh can exhibit itself just think about it for a minute just how much of the church is run on self-sufficiency. How often do we as christians look at others in the church and self-righteousness raises it ugly head and we pat ourselves on the back in self-admiration thinking we are better than others the veil of self-love hides the face of God from the Christian. The flesh if not allowed to continue in carnality or materialism, will happily move on to religion.

We must all reckon the flesh crucified but we must be careful not to be believe a work is down when is not. We must throw away our neat doctrines of self-crucifixion and “labour to enter into that rest” as only a work of Spirit of God will rent the veil of the flesh and set us free.

2012/6/21 15:51Profile
staff

Re: Christians Living like the Devil

Hi Rbanks,
It is a difficult question to ask rather than answer.Can you say that you haven't lived like a sinner for some of your christian life or anybody else for that matter.Consider Samson life yet he ended up in Hebrews 11 as a man of great faith,consider Solomon who started well and nearly ended badly.As Carter Conlon said it is not over til God says its over,dont nail the coffin lid yet on American Christianity.
Also dont you think God has a plan to deal with these issues.
Their is such a thing as Grace but no such a thing as cheap grace.We are either under grace or we are not.I believe God will deal with the falsehoods in the Church.If you are on Gods Side you are on the winning side,Yours Staff

2012/6/21 18:22Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy