SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Man Dies At Benny Hinn Crusade

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

ZekeO ... do an internet search. Just be sure what your reading is documented. It should only take about 10 minutes of research before you become filled with righteous indignation.

Krispy

2005/2/17 16:09
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: Sipping from a poluted river

I don't think I will do that as I can find dirt on Billy Graham on the internet. So who is telling the truth, everyone has an axe to grind. I mean they even dispute that Jesus exists on the internet. I enjoyed that guy whose father knew Benny Hinn, he really had a first hand account of what is going on. All we have is the internet, very very realiable....NOT!

Shalom 8-)

2005/2/17 16:14Profile

Re:

uh... thats why i said be sure it's documented.

I was into WOF and Charismania for a looong time. Unfortunately I dont have time right now to get into it. If you want to know about Hinn... watch his show. Read his books. His errors are glaring.

Krispy

2005/2/17 16:55
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Read his books.

Which books? I have read good morning Holy Spirit and the other one about the same theme, other that that I don't know of any of his other books.

2005/2/17 17:15Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I was into WOF and Charismania for a looong time.

Did you leave the truth behind that was taught in those teachings?

2005/2/17 17:18Profile
TonyS

Kansas City, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Can anybody tell me what is exactly wrong with Benny Hinn? What about his preaching, lifestyle is so repugnant

Hi Zeke,

This current thread, I believe was started near a week ago. And I am certain there have been other threads in the past. This man Benny Hinn has been directly or indirectly referred to in these threads as a False Prophet, a wolf, and a dog.

I have not recommended his Ministry because I could not get beyond what in my opinion I can only describe as His flamboyant platform style. It has always been a turnoff to me personally.

I have heard audio clips on the internet of him that would suggest, at least to me some most incredible claims of healing, and even more so His exasperation with what he terms as "heresy hunters."

and yet........... unless I have missed it here (on SI), I have not read of the exact references to what some perceive as his unscriptural teachings.
Surely there are members here, that have researched his teachings and will post them so we can all take a look together.

God Bless,
tony

2005/2/17 17:34Profile
ZekeO

Re:

Quote:

TonyS wrote:
I have not recommended his Ministry because I could not get beyond what in my opinion I can only describe as His flamboyant platform style. It has always been a turnoff to me personally.

Thanks Tony, That may be a big key to the whole thing, is it his style or is it that he is playing in left field with the heretics? Is it that he is not as sombre/sobre as Keith Daniel? From the sounds of things it is sad that he only focusses on one aspect of scripture and is not tied into a local church. He could be doing amzing things.

2005/2/17 17:50Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Hi Tony,

Quote:
and yet........... unless I have missed it here (on SI), I have not read of the exact references to what some perceive as his unscriptural teachings.
Surely there are members here, that have researched his teachings and will post them so we can all take a look together.

At one of Benny Hinn's recent "partners" conference which aired on his show I witnessed him teaching what is called "neo-gnosticism." Basically it is an extremely rigid definition of the human dividing them up body/soul/spirit. While it's true that those are our constituent parts, this false teaching misunderstands the meaning of the flesh (carnal) nature and assigns it to the body. This allows for the "spirit" to be saved while the "flesh" is still bound in sin. The soul meanwhile is basically amoral, but is influenced by either the "spirit" or the "body." The carnal nature, however, is not limited to your flesh (i.e. skin, bones, blood...etc.) The carnal nature is YOU. That's why you must crucify the flesh(YOU), in other words die to yourself. The carnal nature (the flesh) touches all of the person body/soul/spirit. Our mind is darkened, our spirit is marred and our body becomes a tool to satisfy our carnal desires.

Benny Hinn also teaches the Word of Faith doctrine which is unbiblical. Paul warned Timothy that men would one day teach that "gain is godliness" This is the essence of the Word of Faith doctrine.

I don't doubt that Benny Hinn really believes what he says but belief is only as good as what it's believing in.

Here's some links to threads that are on this topic:

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=3599&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]Benny Hinn Exposed?[/url]

This one contains an excellent article:
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=3362&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]David Ravenhill on Modern Money Changers[/url]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=828&forum=34&start=10&viewmode=flat&order=1]Benny Hinn: Unity in the Body[/url]

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/2/17 18:15Profile
TonyS

Kansas City, Missouri

Re:

Thank you Jeremy,

I have not yet, but I will read through all the links you have provided.

I as well am a "Pentecostal" Christian, and it is always assumed that I am in the same camp as men such as Benny Hinn. And am usually made to feel the brunt of tirades against him, leaving me to wonder what it was that just hit me!! And so I know these links will prove helpful.

tony

2005/2/17 23:53Profile
LubandHugs

Re:

some info for ya

Ministry & Church

Benny Hinn is the founder of the Orlando Christian Centre, which later became the World Outreach Centre in Florida and since 1999 his enterprise is known as The Faith World Church.

His TV broadcast service reaches about 100 million homes in the USA and Canada. He also ministers at meetings and crusades worldwide.

Beliefs & Key Doctrines

Although admitting to no formal Bible training Hinn claims to be evangelical. He claims special revelatory knowledge and personal encounters with God.

Ministry Emphasis

Hinn majors on healing, deliverance, 'slaying in the Spirit', signs and wonders, which are performed in huge auditoriums before many thousands of people, unaccompanied by any exegetical teaching from the Bible. Hinn's own church is reputed to have a weekly attendance of about 10,000 people. The raising of money is an ongoing plea at meetings and on TV broadcasts.

Books Authored

Good Morning Holy Spirit: was released in October 1990 and has been a best seller ever since
War In The Heavenlies
Known Associates

Paul Couch and his TBN broadcasting network
Mentor

Hinn confesses to have been profoundly influenced by the ministry of Kathryn Khulman and Aimee Semple-Mcpherson. Both provided the impetus for his own healing ministry. He claims to continue finding inspiration when visiting their graves, where he senses their presence and by spending time in meditation, receives what he refers to as an 'anointing'.

Hinn's ministry and doctrines embrace some of the heresies propounded by E.W.Keynon, Kenneth Hagin and Kenneth Copeland.

Strengths

Very charismatic personality.

Weaknesses

Many of Hinn's doctrines have been widely and publicly denounced by several apologetic and discernment ministries. The content of his addresses are often confusing, contradictory and inconsistent. He has publicaly apologised on a TV documentary to lying at a previous interview. Investigations regarding many of his family's history claims were not able to be substantiated.

Truth Watch: Assessment / Warning

This man has a huge world wide following, he is very wealthy, charges substantial sums of money to attend his conferences and sees the need to have bodyguards. Confessing to no formal Bible training he claims that "God launched me into ministry overnight." He also believes that the mantle of Kathryn Khulman fell on him at her death.

After ministering at meetings Hinn will often be unable to recall anything he has said, stating that God takes over his mind and tongue. He claims to have revelations, conversations and physical encounters with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

One of his most bizarre doctrines was that each of the Trinity were each in turn a three part being. He later recanted. His testimony of communicating with McPherson and Khulman amounts to necromancy.

Hinn has the ability to whip up high emotions, he uses auto suggestion preceding prayer for healing by getting his audience to repeat loudly for example, "it is his will to heal me." Blowing on people or waving his jacket will see people falling down in large numbers; there have been accidents as a result.

No person, with only a basic knowledge of scripture could take this man seriously. To quote one recent critic from a discernment ministry, some of Hinn's latest statements are "the ranting of a buffoon."

Due to his aberrations, Hinn has been banned by the Italian Assemblies of God. After a recent New Zealand visit, the NZ Assemblies of God has stated they will no longer host him.

2005/2/18 1:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy