SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Jesus Used His Tongue To Encourage And Admonish Others by Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Jesus Used His Tongue To Encourage And Admonish Others by Zac Poonen

Quote:
How do you draw the conclusion that God at that hour didn’t choose to call them rebellious?

Unto Babes

We know what God chose to speak to Israel in that hour because we have the Scriptures.

Quote:
and the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, Take the rod; and you and your brother Aaron assemble the congregation and speak to the rock before their eyes, that it may yield its water. You shall thus bring forth water for them out of the rock and let the congregation and their beasts drink. Numbers.

There is no mention of God telling Moses to curse them as well!

2012/6/8 20:23

Re:

Quote:
Jesus was never afraid of speaking the truth, even if it hurt others, for His heart was filled with love for them. He was not concerned whether His reputation for kindness would be lost by speaking strong words. He loved others more than Himself and so He was willing to sacrifice His reputation in order to help them. Therefore He spoke the truth firmly, lest men be ruined eternally. The eternal welfare of men mattered far more to Him than their opinions of Him.

It's easy to be nice when your motive is to be liked, admired, accepted / not rejected. It just comes 'naturally'.
Agape doesn't. It costs too much.

2012/6/9 2:07

Re: Jesus Used His Tongue To Encourage And Admonish Others by Zac Poonen

Quote:
It's easy to be nice when your motive is to be liked, admired, accepted / not rejected. It just comes 'naturally'.
Agape doesn't. It costs too much.

This is true. The problem of rejection perceived or real is that it always speaks to the natural man first. Only then does that pain speak to God and God speaks to the man’s spirit. Acceptance by God is definitely more precious than acceptance by men, but no man is alone in this world unless he chooses to be alone; in which case he may never truly learn to bear with the rejection of others. Agape or the love with which God Himself loves is a “holy” love because it separates us immediately to God. To know it is sweet indeed but to see that when God acts towards us He does so according to His own character speaks of a God’s own Holiness. God is One.. The same is true when as men we love one another in that same love of God. Love one another with a Holy Love. Greet one another with a Holy Kiss. This is the outworking of our having been given to partake in the divine nature of God. Holiness is not only a separating ourselves out from the selfish ambitions of life and the world, it is treating others with the same separateness as well.

I often wonder how many saints ever experience this holy love of God in more of their lives, than that measure which they received when they first believed in God and Christ. Some saints say they have never experienced God’s love at all. By which I think they must be speaking of a need to know acceptance with God. Some distort this revelation of God’s acceptance and others cynically call it Rejection Theology. So far as it is possible to understand this, one measure of the effect of God’s love experienced in the life of a man, should quickly follow into understanding God’s love for many men. For some this means first acceptance by God, as Father, for others it quickly fills up to become a burden for lost sinners. Yet despite how we first knew God, a burden for lost souls is a more perfect measure of God’s love because it speaks of Christ’s inheritance in the saints, because He is worthy. Knowing this we will not despise God’s holy love which brings with it a certain acceptance by the Father, and through that confidence we are able to serve him to the benefit of many no matter what the cost will be to ourselves. If not we are yet deceived and deluded by self-interest. And yet only God Himself is able to truly know that!

2012/6/9 9:58
rbanks

Re:

God Bless you brother Andrew! I have really enjoyed your writings that you have posted on this thread. It really shows an excellent spirit of wisdom.

I have also learned that it is more difficult to show the Love of God to others in a proper language and mannerism because we still don't realize how much our flesh is involved when we discover knowledge about something or someone. I have been praying to God more about how to relate to others with love in a positive light than just being so blunt toward others when I believe that they are wrong.

I have learned that when you are a leader working with other brother and sisters, then you should strive to have a good working relationship. We are the family of God and we shouldn't want to be at offense with one another. We should be lovingly striving to help others see the things that they need to see and it should hurt us to even think about saying or doing anything to hurt our family.

2012/6/9 10:23Profile

Re:

Thank you for your encouragement brother rbanks. I needed it.

2012/6/10 13:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy