SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Gay Marriage will End up at the Supreme Court

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
dbiser

Gay Marriage will End up at the Supreme Court

California legislature voted that same sex marriage was okay. The people voted and said, 'No, it is not.' They took it to the courts. The California courts ruled that the people did not know what was best for their ownselves, so they overturned Propisiton 8. They ruled it was unconstitutional. Now it looks like it will head to he Supreme Court. Numerous other states across the US are in the same place. States like Maryland, Mass., Illinois, to name a few. States that stand under DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act) think they are protected. But if the Supreme Court rules that gay marriage is constitutional, then all states will have to follow suit.

This same venue was set in the 1970's with another sin, called Abortion. I don't know how much was done by the church, I was only a child. But it is hard placed to find anything that shows the church was active in stopping abortion. It is seems we are doomed to repeat this same act of apathy and silence.

This ruling, probably sometime this year. My own personal opinion is that they will wait til after elections. They will decide yet again the way of a nation. You, as a reader, on a Christian website, would agree that the Supreme Court should not decide the way of a nation, but God's people should decide the way of a nation. Yet, we see a powerless church to be effective in stopping the onslaught of hell against our coutnry, our families, the church and yes, our very own lives.

Sin dominates the pews and the pulpits. And the one people, who can make a difference, the church, is passively engaged in enertainment, tv, computer and self. Without a cry from desperate people, there will be no change in the course set into motion. But God looks for a man, a woman, a people, that will humble themselves, get serious before God and plead in intercession that God in His wrath would remember mercy.

And if God sees fit to answer that prayer, and show us His glory, Revival will fill the land. Revival, as Tozer said, will change the community and change the course of political actions and ways of life in soceity.

These type of headlines should provoke us to action in our secret closets and corporate prayer times. Yet, the prayer closet, and prayer meetings seem to be something we have forgotten.

It is time to seek the Lord. Because the reality of our position is true, we are running out of time quickly. Up, brethren, it is time to go to war - spiritual warfare and claim back that which Satan has taken by the Sword of the Spriit and the continual place of prevailing prayer.

until,
dan b

2012/6/5 14:52Profile

Re: Gay Marriage will End up at the Supreme Court

This is exactly what men like Thomas Jefferson warned us about... this was not the intention of the founding fathers by any stretch of the imagination. A run away court system doing away with the will of the people. It is no longer a government for the people, by the people and of the people.

It's a government run by lawyers and a handful of judges.

What a shame.

Krispy

2012/6/5 15:46
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

In a nutshell, it communism.

2012/6/6 6:08Profile

Re:

Last night I read an account of two Christian photographers who were fined $7000 for refusing to provide photographic services for a lesbian committment ceremony. The Christans declined the business on moral grounds. The lesbians appealed to the human rights commission and the commission fined the photagraohers. They cited protection under not discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation. So far the state courts have upheld the fine. The Alliance Defence Fund is appealing the case. This event happened in New Mexico. Not a 10/40 country.

You can go to Christians in Crisis to read the article. Other disturbing things coming out of this article. The gay activist are purposely targeting Christian businesses and churches to make a point. They say to make a point and bring justice to their cause they will execute a program of persecution against believers by these law suits. Also to prosecute under the Federal hate crimes law. Their agenda seems to enjoy the support if Congress, both sides of the aisle. Also the President. And yes evven Mitt Romney.

Saints please wake up. You cannot ignore this reality. Persecution is here in America. It aim't gonna leave. So if we are going to be persecuted then let us boldly declare our allegiance to Jesus.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/6 9:26
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

This issue places Christians in a serious predicament come November...

I suspect you are right.

If/since this is the case we must learn to cling to the LORD now...

As I meditate on this issue, I keep wishing people here on SI would get the book "Lead, Kindly Light" by Helen Grace Lescheid. In it the writer details the story of how life was like for her mother when Communism took over Russia. (This topic has driven me to reread the book.)

2012/6/6 9:43Profile
MaryJane

Re:

bearmaster wrote: Saints please wake up. You cannot ignore this reality
_________

I agree these are dark days but what I find confusing is some comments like the one above? What makes you think the reality is being ignored I wonder? I assume you are asking the saints to wake up to reality of the times and to pray but what else can be done except to trust in the LORD? I ask this in love because I want to better understand your heart in this...

I have read other comments(not from people on this forum) about standing our ground and standing firm and calls to action but very few ever mention the action they want to rally to? If it is prayer then I do pray often and will continue to if it is some other kind of action I guess I must admit I don't understand what it is some want to see happen???

Just trying to sort this all out. These are dark and confusing times and prayer is our number one weapon to use don't you think??

God Bless
mj

2012/6/6 9:55Profile
dbiser

Mary Jane - Prayer is our only hope. And not just saying prayers, as is so often done in churches and prayer meetings. Prayer that is prevailing, angusihing, fervent and effective.
Many talk about doing something, standing our ground, coming up with plans. But in truth, all we need to do is wait upon the Lord.
'go to Jerusalem, and wait, and you shall be endued with power from on high'.
We want to be endued to do something; we are in willing to go to wAshington to speak, rally, or whatever. But very few are willing to wait before the Lord and be still. The church has failed in this discipline of obedience and ran off in their own strength only to fail. Much like the children of Israel did after God told them they would not enter into the promised land. They rose up and said, 'We will take the land.' But God was not with them, and they were defeated. All the while, MOses and the ark sat in the camp. This is where we are at. There must be concerts of prayer. the church must become a House of Prayer and wait before the Lord for His help, favor, forgiveness and enduement. Then we will arise and see the darkness pushed back. "Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit saith the Lord."

2012/6/6 11:15Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by dbiser on 2012/6/6 5:15:41

Mary Jane - Prayer is our only hope. And not just saying prayers, as is so often done in churches and prayer meetings. Prayer that is prevailing, angusihing, fervent and effective.

_________

I have always thought that too, prayer is the best thing we can do. Seek HIS KINGDOM and trust HIM in all things. I know the LORD is faithful and I know HE has a plan so I pray.

God Bless
mj

2012/6/6 12:02Profile

Re: Mary Jane

Sister let ne see if I can answer your question about action to be taken. First of all I an speaking in the context of persecution that is happening in America. Not against the gays and lesbians. This is a spiritual battle we are in. It requires spiritual weapons.

First is prayer. That has already been mentioned. We should have a disciplined prayer life. We need to pray for our enemies. This would be the gays, lesbians, and those who oppose Christ. We must pray out of a heart of love God woukd save them. We pray for those government officials who support them. We pray that they be saved. May we be in continual prayer to Jesus.

Next is to be in the word. I don't mean just a casual 10 minutes of snack. I mean feasting, devouring the scriptures, at least the New Testament. But spend extended time of reading, reading, reading, and reading the word. If that gets boring then listen, listen,listen, and listen to the word. But whatever you do get the word into you. For if the lesbians and gays have their way the Bible will be banned as a hate book.

Then something Greg has suggested. Immerse yourself in the literature if the martyrs. Read Foxes Book of Martyrs, Martyrs Mirror, Tortured for Christ Cost of Discipleship, etc. Listen to Art Katz on the martyrs or Denny Kenniston on the anabaptist. Sister this will prepare your heart for what awaits us.

I kbiw what I have suggested flies in the face of conventional wisdom. But the American church has no heritage of suffering. We will have to learn from scratch. We will have to learn from the persecuted.

Personally I am doing what I have recommended to you. Pray I have answered your question.

Bearmaster.

2012/6/6 12:43
Sree

My point is Democracy is not God's way. God always appointed Kings to his people, he never let them choose a king. So if you are in a democracy then you will face issues because you are already against God's system. It is better not to expect anything Good from this already corrupt system.

How in a democratic Godless society do you expect a laws to be made based on God's will? It is like requesting Satan to do Good for you.

2012/6/6 16:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy